Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Rd03 : Mount Buller Demons vs Geelong Gumbies at the Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game Demons, not a good result, we need to work on our kick outs and transition to the forward line. .. a lot of 8+ point plays in there. ..

Line in the sand next week Gumbots. ..

DIAFW Demons /had to be said ;)

T'was just a formality.

Thanks for the game Gumbies. Always happy to crush teams hopes on a milestone match. :)

1.5 :oops:

Still got the win boys and it's the team effort that matters! Well done Eth and Deddy, really got us over the line. Cheers for the game Gumbies, and may you all lead long and prosperous lives.

Far out this sim dislikes me. Start off at center half forward, 3 and a half minutes into the first quarter and I'm switched to the back pocket. Cannot take a break! Was never going to do anything with our midfield giving the gumbies a footballing lesson. Great win dees, keep the momentum going!

Gee, that was a woeful effort by yours truly. On the ground for the entire game, but didn't get my first and only touch until the 20 minute mark of the last term. :( I'm becoming the Chris Dawes of the SFA.

Well played though Dragons. The better team did win on the day.

On the positive side a better game than last week, on the negative still a pretty ordinaruy effort Gumbies.

Next week is do or die.

Personally I kicked a goal but the rest was crappola!! Too early to be tanking for draft picks??

Thanks Demons best of luck for the rest of the season.

Gee, that was a woeful effort by yours truly. On the ground for the entire game, but didn't get my first and only touch until the 20 minute mark of the last term. :( I'm becoming the Chris Dawes of the SFA.

Yes, the Dragons did play well. Although I thought you would be more concerned with your own match. :confused:

Wow! :(

3 losses to start the season, still need to string 4 quarters together. Has to be next week for our first win...

Thanks for the game dees :thumbsu:

Far out this sim dislikes me. Start off at center half forward, 3 and a half minutes into the first quarter and I'm switched to the back pocket. Cannot take a break! Was never going to do anything with our midfield giving the gumbies a footballing lesson. Great win dees, keep the momentum going!

Talk to WtS, he knows how to deal with these situations best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played the Furies Winty and won easy.

It looks as though the reason you failed to have an impact was the result of not being switched on.

Lay of the grog for a week.:D

Talk to WtS, he knows how to deal with these situations best

After letting tonights performance do the talking, need I say more? Yep, I deal with beatup situations you created by helping the Dees to a resounding win over your winless mob. Hope you've got more tissues to wipe that egg off your face, after jizzing so much over me no longer being at the Gumboots.

Also cleaned up my opponent on the way through numerous times.

4 : 9.01 {rHFF} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr!!! whoopsman is going to be feeling that one for a while.
4 : 9.07 {rHFF} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr looking for a lead.

4 : 9.51 {lHBF} - whoopsman bounces the ball.
4 : 9.55 {lHBF} - Crunching tackle by WaLkEr_ThE_StAr.
4 : 10.01 {rHFF} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr takes off.

4 : 21.36 {lHBF} - A slick handpass goes to whoopsman.
4 : 21.42 {lHBF} - Smashed by WaLkEr_ThE_StAr.
4 : 21.47 {rHFF} - Taking the ball is WaLkEr_ThE_StAr.

Pity poor whoopsman was on the receiving end of my rage. Here's vision of Marklar doing what he does best after finally coming toe to toe. All talk and no action. ;)

And thanks for the turnover goal ShakespeareFly. :thumbsu:

3 : 8.01 {FB} - StFly slowing down the play.
3 : 8.07 {lHBF} - That's a real up and under.
3 : 8.14 {lHBF} - But straight to WaLkEr_ThE_StAr.
3 : 8.2 {rHFF} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr to send the ball forward.
3 : 8.26 {rHFF} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr attacks the goalface.
3 : 8.32 {rHFF} - What a happy fellow is WaLkEr_ThE_StAr.

Good game. See you next fixtured game, but next i'd recommend you let your actions do the talking... oh, and leave the pink tutus back in the locker rooms strictly for after-hours team bonding sessions, instead of matchday gear. :)

Sorry, WTS, think the one-two punch between myself and Deddy is far more impressive.
1 : 17.19 {rHFF} - Deddy receives his handpass.
1 : 17.26 {rFP} - He handpasses to Eth.
1 : 17.3 {rFP} - A quick snap from Eth.
1 : 17.36 {rFP} - And the ball bounces through - unbelievable.
DEMONS : 1.4.10
GUMBIES : 0.0.0
1 : 19.36 {C} - Deddy knocks the ball down.
1 : 19.48 {rW} - Eth sizes the options in front of him.
1 : 19.54 {rW} - Eth has a ping.
1 : 20 {rW} - This will be - and is - a goal to Eth.
DEMONS : 2.4.16
GUMBIES : 1.0.6

That is mighty impressive Eth, however IMO the best one-two punch is myself and a poor handpass.

2 : 6.15 {lW} - A poor handpass but Deddy is up to the challenge.
2 : 6.2 {lW} - Deddy bounces the ball.
2 : 6.26 {lHFF} - Deddy has another.
2 : 6.33 {rHFF} - Passes to WaLkEr_ThE_StAr by hand.
2 : 6.37 {rHFF} - An underground handpass to doggies ftw.
2 : 6.45 {rFP} - A wild handball - but luckily Deddy was well placed to clean up.
2 : 6.49 {rFP} - He has time to take a bounce.
2 : 6.55 {rFP} - Deddy ignores a lead to have a shot.
2 : 7.01 {rFP} - And its straight through the middle.
DEMONS : 3.4.22
GUMBIES : 2.1.13

3 : 10.5 {lHFF} - A poor handpass but Deddy is up to the challenge.
3 : 10.56 {lHFF} - Long shot at goal from Deddy.
3 : 11.03 {lHFF} - Deddy doesn't let us down.
DEMONS : 8.9.57
GUMBIES : 3.1.19

Good game. See you next fixtured game, but next i'd recommend you let your actions do the talking... oh, and leave the pink tutus back in the locker rooms strictly for after-hours team bonding sessions, instead of matchday gear. :)

Great humility. .. Your actions did do the talking. .. Look forward to your inactivity next season when you drop your bundle over a positional move. .. but wait Qooty likes you so no amount of inactivity should matter. .. Got it. .. Enjoy next week hack. .. ;)

Great humility. .. Your actions did do the talking. .. Look forward to your inactivity next season when you drop your bundle over a positional move. .. but wait Qooty likes you so no amount of inactivity should matter. .. Got it. .. Enjoy next week hack. .. ;)

I like the part where the full back didn't take the kick out at full back from the behind being scored, considering I was shifted to the back pocket on vwestcoast at the time.

But then the sim seemed to hate me this match since I had the 2nd less ToG behind one our bench players (Krazy Kris) @ 45% to their 44%, and 3 opponents during the match in lanky (nada & 3mins) Deestroy (1 kick & 1 mark, also, rotated out with the ball at FB in general play as the CHB @ 12:04 in the 1st) and vwestcoast (7:45 in the 2nd - 15:18 in the 3rd).

Where I managed to take a kick in as the back pocket because our FB was off smelling daises and digging a hole.

This is also why the coach needs to be sacked, because who in their right mind drags the CHB when the ball is active at FB? Random sim coach does that's who! Like random sim coach drags our other captain from the centre when Deddy has possession running around with it.

Walker doesn't need humility when he has blatant bullshit luck bordering on corrupt cheating on his side. because that was not an AFL sim, it was a rigged roulette table.

I like the part where the full back didn't take the kick out at full back from the behind being scored, considering I was shifted to the back pocket on vwestcoast at the time.

But then the sim seemed to hate me this match since I had the 2nd less ToG behind one our bench players (Krazy Kris) @ 45% to their 44%, and 3 opponents during the match in lanky (nada & 3mins) Deestroy (1 kick & 1 mark, also, rotated out with the ball at FB in general play as the CHB @ 12:04 in the 1st) and vwestcoast (7:45 in the 2nd - 15:18 in the 3rd).

Where I managed to take a kick in as the back pocket because our FB was off smelling daises and digging a hole.

This is also why the coach needs to be sacked, because who in their right mind drags the CHB when the ball is active at FB? Random sim coach does that's who! Like random sim coach drags our other captain from the centre when Deddy has possession running around with it.

Walker doesn't need humility when he has blatant bullshit luck bordering on corrupt cheating on his side. because that was not an AFL sim, it was a rigged roulette table.
So, in summary, random sim is random?

So, in summary, random sim is random?

In summary I have no problem with the rotations, the sim makes it appears that they happened at every single god awful time we had in that match. Which is then like a coin toss in which you pick tails because there's two tails and we're stuck with head, practically unwinnable from our "randomness".

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Rd03 : Mount Buller Demons vs Geelong Gumbies at the Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back