Swfl 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey Bulls have added a third Subiaco tripple premiership player to their side in David Mapleston. With Brad Smith and Hayes at the club with East Perth Ruckman Robinson they are going to be a force when all these players play together. Lat years wooden spooners are currently second with South Bunbury on top

Brad has been averaging 6 goals a game.

Black can't get a game

Harvey-Brunswick-Leschenault coach Heath Black says he is not planning on playing in the South West Football League this year, after having two playing clearance applications rejected.

It is understood that the clearances have been denied because Black is still technically under contract with WAFL club Peel Thunder.

http://southwest.thewest.com.au/Regionals.aspx?MenuID=278&ContentId=165660

Peel are still dirty that he left the club, bunch of sooks really but then again he did get paid for games e didn't play I believe:confused:

Yes it was. It was 2 weeks ago that article. Good to see you are keeping the footy world up the date :D

How did he go by the way?

Black is so far off the pace fitness wise its not funny but in saying that he's still smart and incredibly strong through the upper body- Hard to tackle.
Kicked a goal from about 20 out in front crumbing a contest- had way too much space in that instance because of a quick turnover up field.

South Bunbury have also got Nick Kane playing for them from east perth. Wasnt in Micale's future plans. Could see the return of both or one of the Noakes's next year to the south west. (Heres hoping)

I thought Black said he was going to slot him self in the forward line as he said can't run the same way he use to. Was he at Half back for long?

Nick Kane, Nathan Braddock and Brent Cowell have joined South Bunbury over the last fortnight.

With Mark Bayliss said to be in his final year as coach of South Bunbury, he is loading up the team with some travellers, chasing a premiership that has eluded him over the past couple of years.
Not sure what standard of game it was in the conditions where souths played Eaton. But after the Boomer's got off to a good start they could only manage something like 1.4 after quarter time and still only went down by 15 pts.

Eaton held the lead until early in the final quarter but South Bunbury managed to score a few early goals witht the aid of the breeze. Both teams had 17 scoring shots and despite the wet and blustery conditions played quite a highly skilled game.
Dylan Harper pulled his hamstring late in the 3rd Quarter for South Bunbury.

Both teams had players on permit due to the State game WAFL General Bye, with Josh Pullman (SD) turning out for the Tigers and Rafael Stack (Subiaco) for the Boomers.

Bunbury beating Souths on Monday has seen Carey Park return to the top of the ladder.
With June 30th fast approaching will there be any signings as clubs look to bolster their list for the run to the finals?

For sure. I can see a number of clubs bringing in some more names. I am sure Souths and Carey Park will

After seeing yesterday scores I think CP and South Bunbury will want to pick up a couple of more players as they have both lost to collie over the past couple of weeks. Has collie picked up a few players recently?? or did SB and CP have a few players injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, just wondering how the SWFL stacks up against the other comps in WA is it better than A grade ammos? Also how does the Peel footy league compare to the SWFL and other leagues in the state?

SWFL is probably the best comp outside the WAFL. A-Grade Amos would be of similar standard but the difference is they don't get as many WAFL League Calibre players as their isnt as much $$$ floating around in the Amo's. Upper Great Southern and Avon Leagues are up their as the strongest leagues in the states. The Peel competition would be of B -C Grade Amature Standard.

Hey, just wondering how the SWFL stacks up against the other comps in WA is it better than A grade ammos? Also how does the Peel footy league compare to the SWFL and other leagues in the state?

I would have to agree with Amfan with A-Grade Ammos being of similar standard to SWFL only difference would be $$$. But with an increase wth former AFL/WAFL players the SWFL may just nudge A grade ammos. PFL I agree is a B grade competition, still a fair few ex WAFL players running around

Is it true that Jaxon Crabb and Adam Hunter have been cleared to play with Sth Bunbury??? Can anyone confirm this rumour?

Remove this Banner Ad

Swfl 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back