Prediction Syd Barker 2024 Discussion thread - Congrats LDU

Who will fill positions 4 - 10 for the Syd Barker medal in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

sheezel and ldu to raffle the next decade worth of bnfs

looks like every game counted this year as usually they would've said take your best 20, sheezel if he played the final 2 games would've been close

Voting system
Coaches vote individually after each round via a 4, 3, 2, 1 voting system. One vote means a player played their role, while four votes denote a standout best-on-ground performance. Five coaches vote each week, with a player able to receive a maximum of 20 votes in any one game. If two players finish on the same number of votes, a countback is applicable.

I don't mind aspects of it. Being resilient, fit, training and prepping well so as to be able to get up and play 20+ rounds is a valuable thing at a club level. Players that can get on the field, stay on the field and perform are better for a team. Well aware some if it is just bad luck but I don't mind the idea that blokes that work their arses off in the gym or eat well so they can back it up are rewarded intrinsically.
So if for instance, we are using around 30 players during the season, and a player is guaranteed selection (if uninjured) because he is the captain, they are much much more likely to place in top 10. Even if they were putrid in 15 of their games.

It’s a shit system.

Was paying $1.01 to have X, Sheez and LDU in the top three, surprised with LDU being the top though. I suppose his best games were more dominant, was personally hoping X would come away with considering the heavy load he carried throughout the year.

Still can’t believe Zurhaar & McDonald’s placing and Tucker & Scott not being in the top 10. Considering Scott’s year wasn’t too dissimilar to last year I wonder what changed for him not to feature in the top 10.

Big result for Curtis too, really wasn’t expecting that.

It was when you factor in the 'Please Re-sign' tax.

Rubbish.

Most people on here had him top 3.

It wasn’t like he came from nowhere.

Also LDU won’t leave. It defies almost all logic outside of the paranoia of North Nuffies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an MC I must say that when you have an audience that doesn't quieten quickly a ssshhhhhh does work - just depends a little on how you use it. Can't do it every time but it works a treat.

As an MC I must say that when you have an audience that doesn't quieten quickly a ssshhhhhh does work - just depends a little on how you use it. Can't do it every time but it works a treat.
I went the year Tony Charlton MC'd. He didn't sush the crowd he told everyone to stop being rude and be quiet. In a stern, headmaster tone...

The problem is people don't shut up for a small period of time to listen to speeches. It makes it damn hard to hear even when your at the event.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I went the year Tony Charlton MC'd. He didn't sush the crowd he told everyone to stop being rude and be quiet. In a stern, headmaster tone...

The problem is people don't shut up for a small period of time to listen to speeches. It makes it damn hard to hear even when your at the event.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
You are talking about the master - Tony Charlton was as good as it gets. Worked with him a bit over the years - thorough gentleman and generous to work with. One of the absolute best. When he did Sunday arvos on 3AW he had the best contact book I have ever seen. Not many people could just pick up the phone and call Neil Armstrong for a chat.

You are talking about the master - Tony Charlton was as good as it gets. Worked with him a bit over the years - thorough gentleman and generous to work with. One of the absolute best. When he did Sunday arvos on 3AW he had the best contact book I have ever seen. Not many people could just pick up the phone and call Neil Armstrong for a chat.
Does that mean you have the contacts to get Neil to tell his young fella Harry to go slow until the draft now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Syd Barker 2024 Discussion thread - Congrats LDU

Back