Prediction Syd Barker 2024 Discussion thread - Congrats LDU

Who will fill positions 4 - 10 for the Syd Barker medal in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly staggered that Bailey Scott didn’t crack the top ten. Had some down weeks, no question, but thought he was far more consistent than a lot of those ahead of him. Doubly surprising given his history of good polling in the event.

Does that mean you have the contacts to get Neil to tell his young fella Harry to go slow until the draft now?
When he gets picked up and kicks a goal his song is going to be, "To the moon and back" by Savage Garden with the line being sung, "I would fly you to the moon and back, if you'll be, if you'll be my baby"! :p

Hard to know what to take out of these results, barring the top 4. LDU, X and Sheez had great years and Curtis was our most dangerous forward in a year where we hardly got an inside 50.

We had players in there get good votes in games where I know their direct opponents have made some remarks about how easy it was. This concerns me a bit.

Probably shows where we are at.

These will become more interesting as we climb up the ladder and our list improves.

Was paying $1.01 to have X, Sheez and LDU in the top three, surprised with LDU being the top though. I suppose his best games were more dominant, was personally hoping X would come away with considering the heavy load he carried throughout the year.

Still can’t believe Zurhaar & McDonald’s placing and Tucker & Scott not being in the top 10. Considering Scott’s year wasn’t too dissimilar to last year I wonder what changed for him not to feature in the top 10.

Big result for Curtis too, really wasn’t expecting that.
Makes McDonald's decision to retire even more confusing. Duckyeah???

was out last night and can’t be stuffed reading through the thread.
1 were all players in attendance
2 what was the hot gossip of the night
This. We usually get a few reports from those who attended. Keen to hear any news.

Shhhhhhhh, shhhhh, shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,, that was flipping annoyin.....at least slot in a shhhhhhheezel. Who was ssssshhhhhh,,,, shhhhhhhh, she anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly staggered that Bailey Scott didn’t crack the top ten. Had some down weeks, no question, but thought he was far more consistent than a lot of those ahead of him. Doubly surprising given his history of good polling in the event.
Any truth Nostradumbass was seen out the back shuffling the vote cards before the event? 😎

Not really surprising

Butcher Scott is not very good

Should’ve been dropped several times

was out last night and can’t be stuffed reading through the thread.
1 were all players in attendance
2 what was the hot gossip of the night
Most seemed to be. I didn’t see Lazaro but he could have been there. Hugh Greenwood was absent with a family issue. Cooper Harvey was there as was Blake Drury. I’m not sure who else is unsigned

Shhhhhhhh, shhhhh, shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,, that was flipping annoyin.....at least slot in a shhhhhhheezel. Who was ssssshhhhhh,,,, shhhhhhhh, she anyway?
I didn’t mind her. Rebecca is her name (or Bec is what I call her now). She grew up in the Riverina District. I think her family owned Sultana Sam in Mildura if my memory serves me correctly, as it usually does.

I just got home from the Syd Baker. And when the club describes it as “night of nights”, they are on the money. We ended up at Crown and after 12 hours on the Crabs table, we’d had enough and ended up in the Food Court with Mark Kratzmann and Dean Capabianco. They were doing a sportsmen’s night at Geoff’s Shed and had popped in for a sneaky samosa. Six hours later we were back at it.

Adam Simpson was at the BnF? Read anything into this?

That it was the first time in nearly 20 years he wasn't affiliated to another club and was able to attend it?

Would be just a touch weird if you had a coach/senior assistant from another club attending the BnF.

This year was first time since he retired as a player that he wasn't a senior assistant or head coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Syd Barker 2024 Discussion thread - Congrats LDU

Back