Sydney a blight on the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

At least there was some real justice in the match.

The minute Sydney opened up the throttle and actually played football, they could only kick points. There actually is a football god up there somewhere.

Don't kid yourself about winning by 60-70 points either, if Sydney had played that way all day, the two and a half quarters we completely dominated prior to your little burst would have seen us holding a 45 point lead prior to that 10 minute rally.

For all but ten minutes of that match, our defence completely annihilated Sydney. They were magnificent.

i think your kidding yourself, our pathetic boring football kept you in it.

Firstly - Roosurgence, you are a ____ing pisser.

Holy shit I hate Sydney. I never had a view on them one way or another, but ____ they are abysmal to watch.

I couldn't watch a team like that week in week out, I'd switch to watching lawn bowls. An absolute shitheap of a team to watch.

Add to that the magic line from the late teens swans supporter walking along side me after the siren:

"Why don't they play the song?"

"Because it was a draw."

Don't worry they tried to sing the song at the Courthouse Hotel in Newtown (50+ Swans supporters). Just proves the theory that they have no idea.

If North wish to be competitive they need to be putting teams like this to the sword (they sure deserve it....)

Hey bushrat whingers, I have an idea.
Next time we play, why don't you lot all strap on a pair of boots and play for your beloved bushrats. Obviously, you all think you can do a better job than your team.

If you team were so fantastic, they would have won yesterday.
If my team were so fantastic, they would have won yesterday.

Stop ya bloody whinging and pull your heads in.

I certainly wouldn't want to watch games like that every week - no doubt worse being at the ground - but I didn't mind it yesterday.

1. I thought there was a back-handed compliment from Roos on how dangerous we can be with the ball in our hands and a bit of space.

2. I thought that we matched them in the tight and tough stuff pretty well.

3. I thought this was probably good development in terms of learning to counter negative tactics when they are employed (by any team) and in learning how to control the ball when there is limited time and space.

4. Along with Collingwood last week, I enjoyed the fact that we matched it with a team that the "football community" rate.

5. We got 2 points and will probably come out fired up next week, as if we'd lost.

I'd rather nail my nuts to the kitchen table than sit through that shite again!

No wonder they sip so much chardie up there. you'd have to be drunk to watch that shite week in week out!
:mad:

Only one team has been previously accused of tunneling. And today your heroes broke a man's leg with that gutless tactic. Added to which was the charge on David Hale in a marking contest that simply has to draw weeks, and the coat hanger on Jess Sinclair. But of course, being Sydney, no incident will be cited.

Indeed, if that Aaron Edwards incident had happened in basketball the other guy would be looking at a nice 20 week holiday, at minimum. Then of course there's the bringing the game into disrepute etc, he'd be lucky if he played again within 12 months. And yet the Swans think that's a good tactic to bring into footy.:mad:

That may be so.

Unfortunately, your coach doesn't have the guts to find that out, does he?

it will be interesting to see.

i dont want to see that rubbish served up again and i doubt it will be.

I cant understand trying to play containment style footy yesterday against a mid range side we should of beaten.

but i agree yesterday was terrible but its not the way they played the rest of the season so far except patches v geelong and the saints game

I cant understand trying to play containment style footy yesterday against a mid range side we should of beaten.

but i agree yesterday was terrible but its not the way they played the rest of the season so far except patches v geelong and the saints game

Our defence was decimated prior to yesterdays match, yet Roos chose to play safe.

Perplexing stuff.

against a mid range side we should of beaten.

Very little difference between a full strength Sydney and a full strength North, very little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defence was decimated prior to yesterdays match, yet Roos chose to play safe.

Perplexing stuff.

Very little difference between a full strength Sydney and a full strength North, very little.

well the difference in strength is not really the topic so we just have to agree to disagree on that.

but as you point out you were not at full strength and we also started well so why didnt roos keep attacking? thats what annoys me about it

i can understand shutting the game down if your getting blown out but geez it was terrible and i can understand 100% the fact people on this board are labelling the swans a blight on the game based on yesterday. It was pathetic

Very little difference between a full strength Sydney and a full strength North said:
Apart from Muhummad Hall, who did they have missing? And when was the last time Hall actually played well. We had 5 of our starting line up out and Roosy plays that brand of shite footy. No we are a better team than them.

Apart from Muhummad Hall, who did they have missing? And when was the last time Hall actually played well. We had 5 of our starting line up out and Roosy plays that brand of shite footy. No we are a better team than them.

hall out and he was in form this year

everitt out as well

malceski one of our best players

premiership players in fosdike matthews and crouch

schmidt out as well

You have been doing it for the past 4 years moron.

Only one team has been previously accused of tunneling. And today your heroes broke a man's leg with that gutless tactic. Added to which was the charge on David Hale in a marking contest that simply has to draw weeks, and the coat hanger on Jess Sinclair. But of course, being Sydney, no incident will be cited.

It was a shame about Edwards' injury but gees you have no idea what tunnelling is..go ask a basketballer such as myself and I'll tell you. What Mattner did was nothing to do with tunnelling...yes I know you think he deliberately pulled him down by the arm and maybe it was deliberate but it was nothing like tunnelling. It's frustrating reading a comment like that...it's like saying he kicked the ball when he in fact handpassed the ball!!

It was a shame about Edwards' injury but gees you have no idea what tunnelling is..go ask a basketballer such as myself and I'll tell you. What Mattner did was nothing to do with tunnelling...yes I know you think he deliberately pulled him down by the arm and maybe it was deliberate but it was nothing like tunnelling. It's frustrating reading a comment like that...it's like saying he kicked the ball when he in fact handpassed the ball!!

Technically the Mattner incident wasnt a tunnel, but it was a very ordinary act, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as dont think his actions were intentional. But as for Leo Barry what he was doing was absolutely disgraceful. His sole intentions was to push and tunnel at every opportunity.

Unfortunately the muppets in yellow encourage this by not blowing their whistles. The quicker hacks like Barry leave the game the better!

Indeed, if that Aaron Edwards incident had happened in basketball the other guy would be looking at a nice 20 week holiday, at minimum. Then of course there's the bringing the game into disrepute etc, he'd be lucky if he played again within 12 months. And yet the Swans think that's a good tactic to bring into footy.:mad:

Not even close with the 20 week holiday. I've played basketball for 30 years and what Mattner did (pulling him down by the arm) would be a foul and possibly an intentional foul. Nothing else, not reportable, happens nearly once or twice a game. Don't want to be too over dramatic do we? And it wasn't tunnelling either if you were thinking of calling it that.

Technically the Mattner incident wasnt a tunnel, but it was a very ordinary act, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as dont think his actions were intentional. But as for Leo Barry what he was doing was absolutely disgraceful. His sole intentions was to push and tunnel at every opportunity.

Unfortunately the muppets in yellow encourage this by not blowing their whistles. The quicker hacks like Barry leave the game the better!

Mattner is pretty clueless so I'm sure so there's no way it was intentional!!

What Barry does is use the rules to his advantage and whenever he pushes with his hands he gets pinged for it everytime. When he uses his body to push the forward under the ball it's within the rules and he doesn't get penalised. You decide if you like the rule or not but it is what it is. But tunnelling is not what Barry does, I know I've been tunnelled plenty of times playing basketball!! Bolton's jump into Hale would be closer to tunnelling but still not quiet the same. Tunnelling is simply running or standing underneath someone's legs while they jump vertically in the air. Barry uses his chest and sometimes forearms to push players in the back so while it may appear like a tunnel it's not. I suppose the example from round one of Craig Bolton backing underneath Riewoldt's legs as he flies for a mark is what you need to be looking for in a tunnel. Whether it's deliberate or accidental that is what a tunnel looks like.

I think when talking hacks you may need to direct your anger at a certain Mark Knopfler lookalike in yellow...the guy is an absolute clown and even Kangaroos supporters I was sitting with were abusing him when he made shocking decisions against the Swans!! The sooner he retires the better we will all be!!

Mattner is pretty clueless so I'm sure so there's no way it was intentional!!

What Barry does is use the rules to his advantage and whenever he pushes with his hands he gets pinged for it everytime. When he uses his body to push the forward under the ball it's within the rules and he doesn't get penalised. You decide if you like the rule or not but it is what it is. But tunnelling is not what Barry does, I know I've been tunnelled plenty of times playing basketball!! Bolton's jump into Hale would be closer to tunnelling but still not quiet the same. Tunnelling is simply running or standing underneath someone's legs while they jump vertically in the air. Barry uses his chest and sometimes forearms to push players in the back so while it may appear like a tunnel it's not. I suppose the example from round one of Craig Bolton backing underneath Riewoldt's legs as he flies for a mark is what you need to be looking for in a tunnel. Whether it's deliberate or accidental that is what a tunnel looks like.

I think when talking hacks you may need to direct your anger at a certain Mark Knopfler lookalike in yellow...the guy is an absolute clown and even Kangaroos supporters I was sitting with were abusing him when he made shocking decisions against the Swans!! The sooner he retires the better we will all be!!

You sure you haven't been to Mrs Roos optometrist? If you believe what Leo Barry was doing was within the rules you have some obvious issues. An no your wrong it is tunnelling when a bloke is in the air and his opponent tries to take his legs from under him. Leo Barry made no attempt to spoil the ball, just push the body and take his legs from under him while the player was in the air. That is a tunnel my friend.

But why argue with people who enjoy watching 36 players within a 50m radius of each other.

hall out and he was in form this year

everitt out as well

malceski one of our best players

premiership players in fosdike matthews and crouch

schmidt out as well

I will give you malceski, the others are just role players that only serve to scrag and block etc which your team have an abundance of. BTW who is Schmidt and is Crouch still on your list? The less said about Everitt the better, hasn't played a good game for years....finished.

I think when talking hacks you may need to direct your anger at a certain Mark Knopfler lookalike in yellow...the guy is an absolute clown and even Kangaroos supporters I was sitting with were abusing him when he made shocking decisions against the Swans!! The sooner he retires the better we will all be!![/quote]

Agree, he was atrocious on all fronts. he must go for the sake of our game.

You sure you haven't been to Mrs Roos optometrist? If you believe what Leo Barry was doing was within the rules you have some obvious issues. An no your wrong it is tunnelling when a bloke is in the air and his opponent tries to take his legs from under him. Leo Barry made no attempt to spoil the ball, just push the body and take his legs from under him while the player was in the air. That is a tunnel my friend.

But why argue with people who enjoy watching 36 players within a 50m radius of each other.

Yep you know what tunnelling is obviously ha ha!!

I don't think he should be allowed to do what he does but it is within the rules and that's why it's not paid a free. As I said before (maybe you need the optometrist to read things) he gets free kicks against when he pushes with his hands. The only way a free kick will be paid for when he uses his body is if the ball is more than 5 metres away.

And you still have no idea what tunnelling is!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney a blight on the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back