Sydney under estimate their opponents

Remove this Banner Ad

tintin

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
this is the 2nd time that i can recall that sydney have lost to or nearly have to an under done side.
last year it was collingwood when their 5 of their backmen combined has as much experience as waklin and again tonight with wc coming off a 100 point loss and have 7 changed with 5 forced mind u if collingwood gave sydney that start they would of trampled all over sydney as their pressure is consistant for 4 full quarters.
does anyone feel sydney sometimes they go into the game with the wrong mentality?

Not if you ask Paul Roos. He didn't take the Weagles lightly. I think it was down to poor execution of skills and turning the ball over far too much in the 1st half. It gave them good opportunities to rebound from to score goals.

this is the 2nd time that i can recall that sydney have lost to or nearly have to an under done side.
last year it was collingwood when their 5 of their backmen combined has as much experience as waklin and again tonight with wc coming off a 100 point loss and have 7 changed with 5 forced mind u if collingwood gave sydney that start they would of trampled all over sydney as their pressure is consistant for 4 full quarters.
does anyone feel sydney sometimes they go into the game with the wrong mentality?
Very hard to keep up our pressure game for 22 weeks,you only have to be slightly off mentaly and even a bottom side can cause an upset.

I'm not sure it was a case of underestimating the Weagles, but something was definately off. They came out firing and we went to pieces. I was sorely disappointed at half time, it was certainly one of the poorest halves of football they've produced in the last 5-6 years.

Made up for it though! Kirk and Goodes were absolutely superb in that last quarter, and great finishing from Bevan, McVeigh and then Jude.

I dont think we underestimated west coast last night at all. The eagles just came out firing after the hammering they copped in the media by there coach the past week. And are a way better team playin at subi. But watta great win

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney under estimate their opponents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back