Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there bad blood between the swans and pies or something? I've seen a lot of pies supporters really revelling in Sydney's loss. Not just on BF but everywhere the game is being discussed. Seeing a lot of pies fans that seem extra invested and it feels odd.
I think they're just enjoying the fact that the Colliwobbles have now being replaced by the Swanniewobbles.

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF
Hmm indeed yes. Anyway enjoy that spoon.:laughv1:

Not that I know of. Other than a final back in 2012 I can't even think of Sydney and Collingwood playing against each other in any big games, and we have not had any major trades with each other for a long time either.

It is probably due to Eddie hating the Academies.
The 2022 PF? Probably the main reason there's even beef between Collingwood/Sydney in recent times if we're honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions smalls dominated.

Swans talls non-existent.

Playing injured players normally never works out.

Surely they trade Logan McDonald to WA and get Stringer in for a change of shape

Mills might have to shift to permanent mid and have Heeney more Forward %

A forward line of Amartey, Heeney, Stringer, Papley, Hayward and McInerney gives more flexibility

Hopefully they get more games into Sheldrick, Corey Warner, Mitchell and Cleary as like the Lions showed sometimes the kids are better than you think and don't have any fear or get overawed

Is there bad blood between the swans and pies or something? I've seen a lot of pies supporters really revelling in Sydney's loss. Not just on BF but everywhere the game is being discussed. Seeing a lot of pies fans that seem extra invested and it feels odd.
There was a Collingwood supporter acting high and mighty on the Swans board after the loss.

I'm not sure how the Pies can claim the moral high ground over the Swans - in my lifetime (and I go back a fair way) it's Collingwood 3 premierships to the Swans 2 premierships.

Not a lot between the two clubs based on that, although to be fair Collingwood have been better at losing Grand Finals - 11 (plus two draws) to the Swans' 6 (again in my lifetime).

Plus Collingwood still haven't completely shaken the wobbles, given their effort in 2018, shades of 1979 in that game.

There was a Collingwood supporter acting high and mighty on the Swans board after the loss.

I'm not sure how the Pies can claim the moral high ground over the Swans - in my lifetime (and I go back a fair way) it's Collingwood 3 premierships to the Swans 2 premierships.

Not a lot between the two clubs based on that, although to be fair Collingwood have been better at losing Grand Finals - 11 (plus two draws) to the Swans' 6 (again in my lifetime).

Plus Collingwood still haven't completely shaken the wobbles, given their effort in 2018, shades of 1979 in that game.
You know your desperate when your referencing the 1979 VFL GF 😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back