Sylvia Gets 3 week, Brennan gets 1 week

Remove this Banner Ad

o5zt6w.png

blah blah blah we know he got 3 weeks but the fact he will miss one game is laughable. Oh well I think Brennan losing the game for Brisbane due to the stupid headbutt is punishment enough eh :)

Oh well I think Brennan losing the game for Brisbane due to the stupid headbutt is punishment enough eh :)

So you are arguing that the week's suspension is overkill?

I think you are selling your team short though. I'm not sure Brennan cost us the game. We were clearly the inferior side on the day.

The strike was assessed as a level four offence because it was intentional conduct, medium impact and high contact.

What more did you want?

A better system would be nice. One that doesn't give a week to a guy that deliberately head butts an opponent hard enough to draw blood. It might the correct desicion under this system, but it isn't right.

I understand how the system works and that they both probably got a fair result under teh current system. I just happen to think that the current system is wrong.

Honestly noone who has ever played the game would think it reasonable that Chaplin to miss two weeks for his actions and Brennan to only miss one. And I dont care how you try and justify it the end result is that Brennan will only miss one game. It is a stupid system that only serves to annoy fans.

I completely understand the situation,

Though I would think 2 Weeks would be an utter minimum as a final result.

Obviously he got 3 Weeks in total, and due to his previous history was able to reduce that, but I still believe there should be a minimum for situations such as this.

A better system would be nice. One that doesn't give a week to a guy that deliberately head butts an opponent hard enough to draw blood. It might the correct desicion under this system, but it isn't right.

When you come up with the PERFECT system don't forget to send it to AFL headquarters.

brennan's 5 year good record actually makes carr's sledging ablities all the more quality.

The AFL knew what they were doing. Carr is a filthy little rat who's only purpose is to agitate opponents. I was cheering when he copped the head butt, loved it! Deserves everything he gets..

1 week = justice!

The AFL knew what they were doing. Carr is a filthy little rat who's only purpose is to agitate opponents. I was cheering when he copped the head butt, loved it! Deserves everything he gets..

1 week = justice!

should have got a month for not headbutting the other eye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the purple hater.

Pretty sure if you read the fine print of the MRP, you will find that Brennan got 6 weeks, reduced automatically to 3 as the head-butted Mr Josh Carr:p

Seriously though, anyane who can't work out the fact that Brennan has never been reported before makes a difference has no idea what the MRP is about. He also has 90 odd carry overs, so as someone else mentined, he actually got 1.9 weeks.

I am sure the Lions will accept that and wait for round 21;)

1 week = justice!

Exactly what a Cat fan would think. Who do we play this week?:p

People must remember Rich was knocked out. Carr came back on pretty quickly as well. And the fact of the matter is Chaplin bumped Rich and made no attempt to spoil. If he wasn't too weak to open his body and minimise the impact on Rich which would not have knocked out Rich there wouldn't be an issue with the marking contest.

How do you figure that?

Sylvia has a bad record and decided to strike a kid in the head.

Brennan has a good record and it was Josh Carr. Really he should have been let off for services to football.

And why should an early plea and good prior record bring it down from a 3 week ban to 1 week?

What a terrible system we have.

Sylvia should have gotten 1 and Brennan 4.

Deliberatley struck a player off the ball, has a bad record and carry over points as well

What did you expect?

Deliberatley struck a player off the ball, has a bad record and carry over points as well

What did you expect?

has a bad record and carries over points are the same thing...

Given be had 93.25 or whatever it was points then I suppose 2 weeks would be acceptable but 3 is too far.

The hit of much less force than Jared "early plea" Brennan's thug act.

Oh well

Doesn't change how stupid it was. Finally get a good player into form and he temporarily blows it.

Just as an add on, didn't Hall get only 2? There is no consistency in this system. The whole point of the points system was to remove the previous inconsistencies.

what a joke. i understand his good record narrowed the suspension to 1 week but its just not right. Some common sense must prevail in the overall scheme of things.

The tribunal system and MRP fail again. The treatment of Port Adelaide players is a disgrace. What was Chaplin meant to do - pick up some grass and throw it at Rich? And I don't care what anyone's prior record is - a headbutt is a minumum 2 week suspension.

And no one ,especially not the MRP cares that you don't care.

If you don't agree with they way they make their assessments, or that discounts apply for a clean record, write a letter to them expressing your dismay and outrage.

Until then, you are wasting your time carrying on here about a system, whilst perhaps having its flaws, does make easy to understand and provides quantifiable assessments as to how it comes up with its penalties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sylvia Gets 3 week, Brennan gets 1 week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back