Sylvia Gets 3 week, Brennan gets 1 week

Remove this Banner Ad

has a bad record and carries over points are the same thing...

Yes and no.

Having a bad record means you aren't entitled to an early plea. Carryover points are more like a suspended sentence.

Great example to the kids of whats acceptable and whats not!

Headbutting a player, splitting his head open, with the ball not in play. I wonder if the headbut had been on Ablett or Judd what it would have been worth? What would you get for eye gouging nowadays... talking of Chris Judd!

Classic stuff MRP:D

Seriously absolutely classic stuff:D:thumbsu:

Great example to the kids of whats acceptable and whats not!

Headbutting a player, splitting his head open, with the ball not in play. I wonder if the headbut had been on Ablett or Judd :

Who'd bother headbutting either of those two?

Neither of them would waste their time of day with the shit that Carr has been carrying on with for years.

Brennan at least hit the "right" target.

Sylvia is unlucky he doesnt play for Geelong, he would have been given $5000 for wasting his time because of his ''good record''.

Get over it moron

People must remember Rich was knocked out. Carr came back on pretty quickly as well. And the fact of the matter is Chaplin bumped Rich and made no attempt to spoil. If he wasn't too weak to open his body and minimise the impact on Rich which would not have knocked out Rich there wouldn't be an issue with the marking contest.

Rich wasn't knocked out.He had the stuffing knocked out of him and he eventually got up and ran back to the centre.

I liked James Hirds comment on OTC - Brennan should've hit that weasel runner for Port. :thumbsu:

Well this thread is amusing.

Chaplin aimed to hurt Rich and showed no signs of an attempted legit spoil or pulling up to protect himself and show due diligence to Rich. That is called a charge.

Brennan's head butt was correctly assessed and he's lucky enough to get away with one week. There can be no arguement against the assessment of grading.

But carry on. Please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this thread is amusing.

Chaplin aimed to hurt Rich and showed no signs of an attempted legit spoil or pulling up to protect himself and show due diligence to Rich. That is called a charge.

I hate the Power, but you're dreaming.

He was going full tilt at the ball, jumped, when he wasn't going to get it, he tucked his elbow/shoulder in to protect himself.

Rich (and Chaplin, to a smaller extent) should be applauded for his courage and attack on the ball - nobody needs to be punished for going full tilt.

You sound like Quartermain, who seems to think that everytime there is hard, intense contact, there must be a free kick or a suspension as a result.

lol.

Kevin Bartlett, Andrew Demetriou and the mums of Australia have won.

No wonder Luke Darcy has taken a shine to netball.

lol.

Kevin Bartlett, Andrew Demetriou and the mums of Australia have won.

No wonder Luke Darcy has taken a shine to netball.

Thats what gets me - If the aim is to make the game acceptable to 'mums' - why appear to go soft on someone who deliberately headbutted someone ?

Thats what gets me - If the aim is to make the game acceptable to 'mums' - why appear to go soft on someone who deliberately headbutted someone ?

Once again...

The report was Intentional, medium impact, high contact.

Which part do you have a problem with?

Because one can be written off as an anomalous incident that happens only very rarely and there was provocation and blah blah blah.

When it comes to any sort of body on body contact the umpires (Peter Burgoyne's freekick and report for the completely fair bump on Kelly last week took the cake), media and MRP lose their shit like a Alzheimer's-afflicted dung beetle and nooses are thrown over branches before the tubby middle-aged woman on the Bunnings ads can ring up the sale.

"Duty of care!"
"He had no eyes for the ball!"
"Baww the contact was late!"

As soon as Chaplin was committed to the contest he had no other option bar what he did, to tuck himself up to limit the contact to both himself and Rich and he was apologetic as soon as he hit the ground.

What the hell ever happened to,

"Go when it's your turn!"
"Don't shirk a contest!"
"Hard at the ball, hard at the man!"
"Make him earn it!"

The reactions I've read on the Brisbane board and the retribution handed down by the MRP is a joke, to be quite frank - and PHX's recent post was gobsmackingly painful.

Apparently Chaplin should've pulled out, shirked, let Rich mark unopposed and be dropped by Choco for cowardice.

To be honest I didn't think the Chaplin incident was all that bad. It was made to look worse in the slow motion replays, but looking at it in real time I didn't think he deserved to be suspended. It's a contact sport, contact was made, both players went in hard and nothing dirty was apparent in the incident. Slow motion replays make things look a lot worse than they actually are.

Yes and no.

Having a bad record means you aren't entitled to an early plea. Carryover points are more like a suspended sentence.

oh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

what determines a "bad record" ?

I hate the Power, but you're dreaming.

He was going full tilt at the ball, jumped, when he wasn't going to get it, he tucked his elbow/shoulder in to protect himself.

Rich (and Chaplin, to a smaller extent) should be applauded for his courage and attack on the ball - nobody needs to be punished for going full tilt.

You sound like Quartermain, who seems to think that everytime there is hard, intense contact, there must be a free kick or a suspension as a result.
Spot on. Port would have to appeal this decision. Chaplin's not a thug. To me he looks like he thinks he can mark the ball, and then tucks his shoulder in when he realises he's not going to get there but contact's unavoidable because he's in the air. His reaction after the contact is hardly consistent with a guy who intended to iron out his opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sylvia Gets 3 week, Brennan gets 1 week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back