Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The correct response would be "well what does it matter, *Essendon supporters are their all time best selling model" but you missed it ;)

Hmmm don't think it really warranted an 'allegedly clever' response. "BWAHAHAHAHAHAH" seems about right.

I love the way these idiots are taking pride in their club "pushing the envelope." Best to stay well away from envelopes.

Just ask George Costanza's future bride.

I love the idea of a North fan getting his panties in a twist about some "wit" about his team on another team board, in this thread ;)

Wanna see something even funnier?

EXCLUSIVE: Australian athlete faces ASADA ban for alleged doping incident

Posted by: Sam McClure | 15 May, 2013 - 7:08 AM

A leading Australian athlete is at the centre of a doping scandal and facing a two-year ban by ASADA for taking an illegal substance.

3AW News understands the athlete who has represented Australia at the Commonwealth Games and World Championships took a banned substance which he believed was legal.

The incident is believed to have occurred at an event in the last three years, prompting an ASADA investigation.

The powder is understood to have been ordered by the athlete themselves to add to a drink.

The athletes claims to have had no idea the powder had traces of anything that was in breach of the ASADA doping code.

Whether any other athletes are involved remains unclear.

3AW News has made contact with the relevant Australian sporting body for a response.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/buy-swa...r-alleged-doping-incident/20130515-2jl9o.html

If they hang this person out to dry then your mob are totally ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you think if (and it's a pretty big if) that you make the finals this year you will be hammered by almost 100 points?

Haha the arrogance of these *Essendon supporters.

How did you go in your last finals appearance Lance? Or does that not count because you weren't on the gear yet?

He's talked to the Herald Sun though.

Hmm so what you are saying is the truth may set you free, but if your truth will implicate systematic doping sell it to the highest bidder.

I love the idea of a North fan getting his panties in a twist about some "wit" about his team on another team board, in this thread ;)

I love the idea of *Essendon fans getting their panties so twisted that they feel the need to post in this thread on our team board. Too bad we don't get the right to post in threads on this subject on your board. Why is it that you *Bombers can't handle a bit of "wit" on this subject?

No, if we make the finals, we won't get hammered by 96+ points. I'll give you 10-1 odds against that happening. Bet?
Sorry, I don't do Internet bets. In any case, I don't think you will either, that's the point. I was actually making the point that just because something happened one year doesn't mean it will the next.

Sorry, I don't do Internet bets. In any case, I don't think you will either, that's the point. I was actually making the point that just because something happened one year doesn't mean it will the next.

Fair enough, I hadn't followed the context.

Actually, if anyone wanted that bet, they'd probably get better than 10-1 with the 'write your own line' bookies.

You think that's "funny"?

And the article says the athlete ordered it themselves.

I fail to see anything but the most basic connection sorry Teff

Mate it is worse for your players. Your players signed a piece of paper saying that consent to be injected with a banned susbstance. It would be rare for a sportsperson to gift wrap an admission of guilt and hand it to WADA or ASADA.

"We thought it was legal" defence is embarrassing. What else can a player say that is caught red handed?? That is their only defence and if they walk every player can sign a form, dope and claim they thought it was legal.

You and I cannot say if they thought it was legal or if they knew they were cheating. That is why dopers can never get the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back