Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-2223047-15AE3FC8000005DC-43_634x461.jpg

"It was a dank and stormy night............."

The flog factor on the hot topic board has been rather muted today...

They have been relatively quiet for over a week since the admissions started emanating from Windy Hill

despite all this, I still reckon they are going to get a slap on the wrist. If I was a betting man I'd say that no one will get suspended and Essendon will cop a bit of a fine. But that will be it.

despite all this, I still reckon they are going to get a slap on the wrist. If I was a betting man I'd say that no one will get suspended and Essendon will cop a bit of a fine. But that will be it.
WADA won't wear that, if the AFL tries that on WADA will appeal to the CAS and ask for a proper spanking.

Australia have been very vocal on their anti drugs stance in sport ( and rightly so !). eg Chinese swimmers, lance Armstrong etc.
Can you then imagine the outcry if one of Australias major sports teams gets a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket after what appears to be systematic doping..

The Federal govt, World press etc would make mincemeat of the AFL

Australia have been very vocal on their anti drugs stance in sport ( and rightly so !). eg Chinese swimmers, lance Armstrong etc.
Can you then imagine the outcry if one of Australias major sports teams gets a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket after what appears to be systematic doping..

Agree - with a smile

Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ad they would say on the drug cheats board, a delusional pearler:

Same here, I seriously doubt James Hird of all people will encourage a systematic doping regime. Anyway, Rugby and League players look juiced up, don't understand how some players weigh 100+kg yet have a reasonable body fat percentage. To attain this naturally, it would take years of serious weight lifting and dieting

This also a belter:

ust seems like a really half assed charge really.

Athlete 1- tried to cheat went out of their way to hide it. Banned 2 years
Athlete 2- pushed the envelope, inadvertently took something that is not approved. Banned 2 years

I'm sorry but there really needs to be some kind of distinction between the two. Yet some (media mainly) see them as the same thing. Mind you it might just be to sell papers.

Basically, one law for Essendon, one law for everyone else.

I'll give these tiprats something, they are consistent unto the end.

I love the way these idiots are taking pride in their club "pushing the envelope." Best to stay well away from envelopes.

This also a belter:

Basically, one law for Essendon, one law for everyone else.

I'll give these tiprats something, they are consistent unto the end.
It is like getting caught cheating on your misses and giving her the line "it's not really cheating as I only put the tip in". Hird must have used this in the Megan Gale defence. Why not roll it out again for drugging his players. Worked once.

The worst part about that is that Dank couldn't explain what he'd do if a player had an allergic reaction.

No information about whether or not players are allergic to any of the components of the peptides, and no plan to treat any potential life threatening allergic reactions.

That is a disgrace. The bloke was literally playing with the lives of the players he was injecting.

That then leads into the negligence displayed by the Bombers by not doing their due diligence and confirming that if Dank was going to be giving their players injections, that he had the necessary medical skills to be able to save a player's life it the injection goes wrong.

It just gets worse.

Thanks GreatBradScott for this

Check this email out:

They black out the name from who it is but forget that the letter ends with the name.:oops:

I actually think that there is an element in there that will be the cornerstone of the *Essendon defense.

We don't know what the players were given, therefore you can't know what the players were given, therefore there is no catergorical evidence that the players took anything banned.

I really would not surprise me if that is where they plan to base there defense, argue to get the players off, and cop the club governance bullshit.

Imo , Essendon will only receive a fine with a few administrators getting dismissed. And when the AFL are asked what the Essendon players were perscribed they will say after all the evidence we don't know what they took and will fine them $500,000 like the Melbourne case. Not guilty but we will fine them .o_O

I have read all 92 pages of this thread so far and all of it is comedy gold. I can't wait to the pathetic club that is essendon collapses after what they have done. Keep the ball rolling, i'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back