Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would be embarrassed if Stephen Milne played for my club and I found myself cheering every time he kicked a goal. I would feel embarrassed if my club blatantly tanked or cheated the salary cap and I found myself justifying these actions. I would feel embarrassed if my club instigated an institutional program of drug cheating and my fellow supporters mindlessly swallowed the club's intelligence-insulting denials.

But I will never be embarrassed by my fellow supporters expressing their disgust at another club's cheating, illegal or criminal cover ups. That's just the way I roll.

I would be embarrassed if Stephen Milne played for my club and I found myself cheering every time he kicked a goal. I would feel embarrassed if my club blatantly tanked or cheated the salary cap and I found myself justifying these actions. I would feel embarrassed if my club instigated an institutional program of drug cheating and my fellow supporters mindlessly swallowed the club's intelligence-insulting denials.

But I will never be embarrassed by my fellow supporters expressing their disgust at another club's cheating, illegal or criminal cover ups. That's just the way I roll.
Neither would I, but it was clearly just a dig at Essendon. Which is a bit stupid given the circumstances.

Neither would I, but it was clearly just a dig at Essendon. Which is a bit stupid given the circumstances.

What circumstances is that?

That they have won more games than us on the back of a doping regime? That when our players were out running laps to get fit and keep their skin fold testing low - *Essendon players were walking across the road to be injected with a banned substance?

This thread is about a level playing field - they have cheated and deserve all that is coming their way. You should rejoice in the efforts to clean up our sport and rid it of drug cheats. *Essendon want the glory with out the hard work - just like their 1993 Premiership they won while rorting the salary cap.

I would rather follow a team that is 13th and clean than a team that is 3rd and drug cheats.

What circumstances is that?

That they have won more games than us on the back of a doping regime? That when our players were out running laps to get fit and keep their skin fold testing low - *Essendon players were walking across the road to be injected with a banned substance?

This thread is about a level playing field - they have cheated and deserve all that is coming their way. You should rejoice in the efforts to clean up our sport and rid it of drug cheats. *Essendon want the glory with out the hard work - just like their 1993 Premiership they won while rorting the salary cap.

I would rather follow a team that is 13th and clean than a team that is 3rd and drug cheats.
I know Mark well enough to know he is obviously hurting to have said this. Everyone is entitled to a "blonde moment" occasionally. He can consider this one of his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ready 1 2 3. - HAPPY 100th PAGE!!!!! Hooray for Dank - Hooray for the Village idiot Hird - Hooray for the stupidity that is the *Essendon football club. A true celebration of all things great and right with the world. *Essendon is a laughing stock and we have gorged ourselves on laughter at their expense.

Lets raise a glass and look forward to another 100 - Hooray!!!

I hope I didn't go early. Is this the 1st post on page 100 or am I still on 99?

Still lurking there Lance? Do you get the funny feeling that this might just be the "calm before the storm"?

Or should I say that wildly destructive "Cyclone Dank Asada" that's about to devastate *Essendon.
hardly lurking, I get tagged every couple of days in this thread so it's a bit hard to miss it :D

Well there you go. That's what happens when you stick your nose into other peoples conversations.
o rly?

A 100 page thread on my club on another clubs' board isn't my business?

Well, sure mate. The day Essendon have a thread on North that is the most popular thread just about ever on the board is the day I give up BigFooty ;)

o rly?

A 100 page thread on my club on another clubs' board isn't my business?

No. It isn't.

..........The day Essendon have a thread on North............

I wouldn't know.

You could have 10 threads on North for all I know.

The mods that run your board won't even let me see it, much less post on it.

The sc*m are done, lets stop wasting time. Get a bloody move on.
stomp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back