Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at a funeral of a very decent old girl yesterday. Was lovely to me as a kid.

North fan, her funeral guide was in the blue and white, and the song played as her photo montage played was your theme song.

I think even the clubs don’t quite realise the significant part they play in peoples lives.

It did however reinforce a view I’ve had for quite a while; that making people feel like shit for who they barrack for isn’t something I’m particularly interested in anymore.

Poking fun? Sure. Which is one of the reasons I love this thread (yes I know there’s some real bile beneath the surface there).

Anyway, may your loved ones be well…

…and your team be shit, peasants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like our game - it's early days, these aren't even real practice matches, can't read too much into them...but this is at least cause for some optimism.

It's a big win for the Saints!​

St Kilda has made an early statement with a 16.10 (106) to 5.10 (40) win over Essendon. We'll have the full match report for you shortly.

I'm disappointed, lads ... expected a bit more glee at the dismal * performance. Guess we can't take too much from a match sim, but looking forward to this thread kicking off again if the * foem continues
I wouldn’t worry to much, there’s going to be plenty of laughs ahead, they hired a coach that put us in a position of four spoons in a row.
And proceed to follow the same plan, they’re paying McKay, 1.5m this year, that sort of money is club killing. How can anyone on that list not demand more money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back