Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

i had to send a text into SEN about this when they were discussing and low and behold they read it out
' North Melbourne haven't had pokie machines for 20 years and have made a profit for the last 12 years, Maybe * need to stop taking the easy road'
You Legend…….the arrogance of their supporters to call us x y and z……*#&#& em. To be totally reliant on making your profit off the back of members of society that can least afford it….that’s disgusting.
With all the current focus on gambling adverts, and the pressure that’s slowly building on the AFL to smarten up in this area, there should be more pressure applied to this club every single day from now on with how they are making their money, particularly in today’s economic hardship.
Bottom line is their so called supporters were happy to pot us for years for taking our no pokie stance for so long…
Ha 20 years plus …the longest in the league and we’re making profits….plus giving back to our community…I LOVE MY CLUB….AND ITS VALUES OF COMMUNITY……not like these pr&&-#. Hilariously their campiagn for membership in the Dank years still rings true …Whatever it takes..yep to screw over your community. Now it’s almost impossible for them to survive without them….what a cancer of a club on society….Find some other ethical ways of sponsorship or fold I say…Time to put your big pants on and suck it up….Get Real or piss off into the long darkness….
Oh how the tables of moral community values have turned..what a day..😁
LEECHES and TIN-RATTLERS are what they should be know as from now on…….applied with Drug Cheats. Wow what a club, What a rabble…..no finals wins, kicked out by a bowls club, had the shortest serving president, Drug cheats, stripped Brownlow medalist And Now THIS….. Now there’s a club that has Community values at its core…what a toxic dump.
I will happily remind their supporters that their club could not function without any these ill gotten gains…. What’s sad and an indictment on them as a supporter group is they probably can’t see anything wrong with this at all…
What an irrelevant moral conundrum they have become…….almost feel sorry for them………..

H$$## NO…..

Incredible how this club and Collingwood have flipped roles in the last 25-30 years.

Collingwood very strong in the community, do a heap of work in this space and have no pokies

Meanwhile Tullamarine do little to nothing in the community, have pokies and assume they should be good because they are Tullamarine

Incredible how this club and Collingwood have flipped roles in the last 25-30 years.

Collingwood very strong in the community, do a heap of work in this space and have no pokies

Meanwhile Tullamarine do little to nothing in the community, have pokies and assume they should be good because they are Tullamarine

Close to the airport, passports at the ready and flights booked to country with no extradition treaty with Australia.

It's interesting how we got out of pokies about twenty years ago, around the same time * decided to stop winning finals.

Current day and we are recording a profit year on year and while going through a rough time on field, we have at least won finals in the last decade! * still haven't won a final and have acknowledged that they are financially dependent on pokies with no road map to change that, but all we ever hear is that we are the team that is the basket case on and off the field 🤷‍♂️

It's interesting how we got out of pokies about twenty years ago, around the same time * decided to stop winning finals.

Current day and we are recording a profit year on year and while going through a rough time on field, we have at least won finals in the last decade! * still haven't won a final and have acknowledged that they are financially dependent on pokies with no road map to change that, but all we ever hear is that we are the team that is the basket case on and off the field 🤷‍♂️
There are equalisation payments given to us from the bigger clubs. Its a pot of money and its distributed evenly. If it wasn’t for that we’d be in absolute ****ing all sorts. Basically the Eddie Mcguire rule. Always said the comp is much better having North in it than losing North and was one of the key factors in giving us a chop. No pokies, low members and we are the blue collar battlers building up nicely. Thats the reason I have a soft spot for Ed.

There are equalisation payments given to us from the bigger clubs. Its a pot of money and its distributed evenly. If it wasn’t for that we’d be in absolute ******* all sorts. Basically the Eddie Mcguire rule. Always said the comp is much better having North in it than losing North and was one of the key factors in giving us a chop. No pokies, low members and we are the blue collar battlers building up nicely. Thats the reason I have a soft spot for Ed.
Agreed…as much as l can’t stand him, he certainly did argue the case for having us in the comp…and distributing payments to all clubs…not just the few.
But yes we are building nicely.. a few years from now it’s going to be very exciting…Vaguely remember Tim Costello praising us when we ditched pokies and saying something along the line the longer clubs stay on them it will become impossible for them to get off them…
poor ole *…..seems like they may have screwed it up big time😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed…as much as l can’t stand him, he certainly did argue the case for having us in the comp…and distributing payments to all clubs…not just the few.
But yes we are building nicely.. a few years from now it’s going to be very exciting…Vaguely remember Tim Costello praising us when we ditched pokies and saying something along the line the longer clubs stay on them it will become impossible for them to get off them…
poor ole *…..seems like they may have screwed it up big time😂
Owning them is as addictive as playing them I guess. I dont hate Ed, his boomer mouth worked in ways he doesn’t literally mean. The other thing I like about Ed is he doesnt forget where he comes from.

To keep this relevant… * certainly forgot where they come from, thrown out of their home ground by a bunch of boomers 😂 sucked in you flogs

I'd suggest Ed's support for equalisation payments has less to do with outright support for the likes of us and more to do with Collingwood getting a rails run for all the big drawing timeslots.
Still remember him referring to us as the club who shakes your hand while we're picking your pocket.
Incidentally, how is he a thing? I'm struggling to think of any more inexplicably popular media personalities in the past 30 years.

Just look back at what they have contributed to society and the competition during the last 20 odd years….Bermuda Triangle full of delusional supporters and ruined lives…what a club.

Used to have the N word as part of their nickname. That they don't now they probably see as being progressive.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back