T Bird signed with Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

DynamoUltra said:
Totally immoral behaviour by the Carlton Football Club.

If Carltons behaviour is immoral please explain how trading Trent Croad, against his will, across to the other side of the country is not also immoral ??

AndyLucimitis said:
If Carltons behaviour is immoral please explain how trading Trent Croad, against his will, across to the other side of the country is not also immoral ??

Can't trade anyone against there will. The player has to agree to the deal. Croad did. so how's that against his will?

tazhawk said:
Thornton has bent Carlton over big time.

Hmmm - wonder how your incredible array of Hawthorn stars feel about the the club offering an average player $300K a year for 3 years.

You may be the ones who end up getting bent over ... oh thats right, Hawk players play for the colors !!

magpie78 said:
Can't trade anyone against there will. The player has to agree to the deal. Croad did. so how's that against his will?
Yes they tied electrical bits to his balls and zapped him till he said yes...

I remember reading about that...

He has never been the same since

TheHeatleyStand said:
No its not... because how do you know someone better wasnt going to become available.???

surely if he was hellbent leaving to Whorethorn he would have played the game???

Whorethorn dicked themselves..:thumbsu:
How the hell did we d1ck ourselves?? We were interested, offered what we (and most on these boards) felt was fair...Carlton weren't interested so there was no trade. I would've liked to snare him, but not by paying a price far in excess of what he is worth. The kid is promising but he's not worth more than 2x 2nd Rounders in a 'superdraft', so we all move on.

Is pretty safe to say he only re-signed because the Blues had the first PSD pick. His manager said on SEN yesterday post-trade deadline, that he was aware Carlton not only had pick 1 and plenty of room in their cap, but that they were prepared to pay whatever it took to keep him. He also said that something Bret would have to consider very carefully was, given he had virtually no chance of being anywhere other than Carlton next year, whether he wanted to incur the wrath of his own supporters by being the bloke who not only cost them a packet, but forced the club into wasting their #1 pick on him.
That last point may not seem all that significant, but it would be at least a consideration, given Carlton were so seemingly hell-bent on retaining him.

TheHeatleyStand said:
Yes they tied electrical bits to his balls and zapped him till he said yes...

I remember reading about that...

He has never been the same since

He might have liked that, especially if Dermie did it!!:eek:

Youll find out come next trade time how you dicked yourselves.

Why did he sign inside 24 hours of not been traded though???

Youll find he didnt like the whole Hawthorn approach.

Anyway... go find a full back...and a CHF...
Buddy is a tall flanker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheHeatleyStand said:

Buddy is a tall flanker

So bitter. It would be advisable for a suppoter of the wooden spoon team that you don't tell another team to find anything as the likely comeback will be, "find yourself a team".

magpie78 said:

OK granted, maybe 'against his will' is too strong a term but do you think Trent Croad really wanted to leave Hawthorn ??

TheHeatleyStand said:

Buddy is a tall flanker

You'll find its because he was going to get picked up by the blues in the PSD anyway, so he may as well sort everything out asap. Nothing to do with Hawthorns approach.

Go find a full-back- thornton is a flanker :)

DynamoUltra said:
So bitter. It would be advisable for a suppoter of the wooden spoon team that you don't tell another team to find anything as the likely comeback will be, "find yourself a team".

Bitter about what???

that you dont have a FB or a CHF and no speed through the midfield???

why would that make me bitter???

Simo19 said:
You'll find its because he was going to get picked up by the blues in the PSD anyway, so he may as well sort everything out asap. Nothing to do with Hawthorns approach.

Go find a full-back- thornton is a flanker :)

I can swear he has played FB in 80 of his 91 games and Pelchen called him a FB???

You were just telling us how cluey Pelchen is.. now he doesnt know what he is talking about???

You shift more than the shifting sands of the sahara...

Or you are squirming????

:)

Simo19 said:
I think pick 33 for spida was reasonable. good for both clubs.

It is :) Swans offered it on Tuesday!!!!!!

But the way The Pelican went about it... will have long ranging implications.

Good on him for hanging out.... but.... he tried to screw Carlton & Swans.... and only just made it intime to save some face.... if Gardiner did not agree to Saints and hour earlier then..... ZERO!

TheHeatleyStand said:
For the reasons I outlined 5 minutes ago. Carlton were committed to retaining him, have over $1 mill room in their cap, and by virtue of being the worst performed team in the competition, have the first pick in the PSD.
Didn't leave him with many options, did it?

TheHeatleyStand said:
Buddy is a tall flanker
Between Franklin, Roughead, Dowler and Williams, I'd say our forward line should get by.
Anyway, you're having a go at the holes in our list?

TheHeatleyStand said:
I can swear he has played FB in 80 of his 91 games and Pelchen called him a FB???

You were just telling us how cluey Pelchen is.. now he doesnt know what he is talking about???

You shift more than the shifting sands of the sahara...

Or you are squirming????

All I said was Pelchen did a good job for us, which he did. Can you read?
Thornton has only played 80 games at fullback as carlton have no one else to put there, ideally he would be much more suited to a flank. Any carlton supporter would be able to tell you that.

Simo19 said:
All I said was Pelchen did a good job for us, which he did. Can you read?
Thornton has only played 80 games at fullback as carlton have no one else to put there, ideally he would be much more suited to a flank. Any carlton supporter would be able to tell you that.
So you guys offered a hbf 1 million a year for 3 years???

Corpuscles said:
It is :) Swans offered it on Tuesday!!!!!!

But the way The Pelican went about it... will have long ranging implications.

Good on him for hanging out.... but.... he tried to screw Carlton & Swans.... and only just made it intime to save some face.... if Gardiner did not agree to Saints and hour earlier then..... ZERO!

I think Pelchen held out as he was trying to do what's best for Hawthorn. Not just screwing over other clubs. He had till the 2pm deadline, he may as well try use it to his advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

T Bird signed with Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back