T20 Final Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke is just too "slow" a batsman for T20 cricket.

He's the best choice for captain, there is absolutely no doubt about that - but in terms of batting, he's just too "slow". he's not powerful enough to HIT the boundary, he can play a good cover drive for four, but in terms of hitting the boundary White, Hussey, Watson, Warner style, he just can't do it.

Clarke is just too "slow" a batsman for T20 cricket.

He's the best choice for captain, there is absolutely no doubt about that - but in terms of batting, he's just too "slow". he's not powerful enough to HIT the boundary, he can play a good cover drive for four, but in terms of hitting the boundary White, Hussey, Watson, Warner style, he just can't do it.

You pick your best team, then you pick your captain.

Michael Clarke does not deserve a batting spot in the team, and thus, should not be captain.

Three things that were known before today:
- Michael Clarke shouldn't be captain
- Michael Clarke shouldn't be in the team*
- Brad Haddin shouldn't bat so high up the order

* he'll probably score 80 now I've said it

Agree on point 3 (well, Haddin IMO shouldn't be in the side when we've got T-Paine and Ronchi on the sideline), but I think you can make a reasonable argument for Clarke having a place in the T20 side.

I've been a big advocate for Clarke to not be in our T20 team, but ever since the recent NZ series, during that partnership with White http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvaus2010/engine/match/423788.html I've believe his place at #3 is warranted. You can argue smaller ground, weak opposition, but I thought in at innings, he showed us that he could push the ball around, while hitting the odd boundary, which is really what a T20 #3 should be able to do.

What sort of a score can we hope for? 130-150? It's really not looking like we'll get anywhere near 150 at the moment.

As optimistic as it sounds, I think 150 is still an achievable target. It can only get better for us, and we've still got some big hitters in the shed (White, Huss, Smith & Johnson). Will need some big 15 run overs towards the end, but hopefully we'll be more comfortable by that stage.

Fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well there u go, it was only a matter of time, the worst t20 batsman in the world is out, england making a mockery of the aussies, they really are

Clarke in one of his best T20 innings of his pathetic career and still couldn't manage to score at more than a run a ball.

We need to lose this to get Clarke dumped.

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 Final Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back