TAB thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pattison doesn't get a game. Moore is okay, Graham is young. King is shit, McMahon is shit & The jury is out on Hislop.

Compare them to the bottom 6 at st kilda, no where near it. That was my point. Moore wouldnt get a game at the saints, and either would any of the other 6. Swap pattison for Post then, he shows a bit but wouldnt play at st kilda.

I am not saying Post wont be any good, i actually reckon he looks alright. But in refernce to Surkin saying saints bottom 6 is a bad as most teams Post right now is no where near any in the saints side.

Dees are going to be awesome, probably Geelong like in 3 or 4 years. Imagine a midfield of Scully, Trengrove, Morton, Grimes, Davey, Sylvia, Jetta, Moloney , McLean kicking the ball down to Watts and Jurrah with Woneaemirri at their feet. There will be no stopping us. Add to that our already strong defence in Frawley, Garland, Rivers, Warnock, and Bennell. Unstoppable I tell you. All we need to do is find a decent ruckman.

Next year - Finals
2011 - Top 4
2012 to 2014 - Brisbane like dynasty

McLean is a horrible kick of the footy. Murders it

Umm have you ever watched a Melbourne game. McLean is not a horrible kick of the football, yes he is slow but far from a horrible kick. If I was going to cal someone in the Melbourne side a horrible kick I would say McDonald, Moloney and Jones who is getting better.

Swan is a good player no doubt but I think the thing that hurts him is that he really lacks the wow! factor of an Ablett, Judd, Goodes or even Black. He is more of your industrious type and as a result probably goes unnoticed a little. Definitely deserved more than 12 votes.

You actually dont think that maybe when Swan fires, the pies are better for it? Wins heaps of his own ball and doesn't give-and-go like others in the comp.

Was surely stiff to only get 12 votes.

Swan is very good player, deserved All Australian. He does give and go more than any other player in the comp apart from Gazza. But when Gazza gets it back he breaks lines with more run.

I think when didak, davis and cloke fire the pies do. Swan is always going to go well but not a match winner.

Umm have you ever watched a Melbourne game. McLean is not a horrible kick of the football, yes he is slow but far from a horrible kick. If I was going to cal someone in the Melbourne side a horrible kick I would say McDonald, Moloney and Jones who is getting better.

I watch quite a few melbourne games and Mclean is not a good kick. You are right with the other blokes you said are worse kicks than him, but just cos he is better than them doesnt make him a good kick

I disagree leo. Dont reckon the pies would of lost many games when Swan gets 35 touches. Cos when he gets that many in brings a lot of their other players such as mr finals leon neon into the game

Did ya lose many when cloke took 10 marks or didak got 30 and a couple of goals as well or when Fraser actaully beat his opponent? Swan is not a matchwinner like ablett, judd, brown or riewoldt.

I would hate to have leon in my side, any pressure in the game and he goes missing. He was good in the 03 grand final thats was on 1 the other day.

I think you've got it around the wrong way.

Swan only gets 35 touches when the others are going well because there's pressure up the ground and he gets the handballs out the back while those guys are in there doing the hard stuff.

So when you look at the stats at the end of the game, they won and Swan had heaps of it.

So many times i've watched a Pies game, thought Swan hasn't done much and they show he's had 20 to half time, when you could've sworn he's been on the bench half the game. It's even more telling when you're at the ground and are watching the forwards up the ground when a team is preparing an attack out of defence.

Swans biggest asset is his running. There are not many blokes in the AFL who are able to gut run as well as Swan.

That is also what makes Riewoldt so good (as well as being a man mountain). There would be hardly anyone in the AFL who could match his repeat high intensity efforts, let alone defenders. He is able to make multiple leads at top speed. Guys like Lake and Presti may be able to keep with him for one or two but Riewoldt just keeps going and blows these guys up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans biggest asset is his running. There are not many blokes in the AFL who are able to gut run as well as Swan.

That is also what makes Riewoldt so good (as well as being a man mountain). There would be hardly anyone in the AFL who could match his repeat high intensity efforts, let alone defenders. He is able to make multiple leads at top speed. Guys like Lake and Presti may be able to keep with him for one or two but Riewoldt just keeps going and blows these guys up.
like matthew richardson. :thumbsu:

He can murder it at Carlton all he likes.

Scully, Trengrove, Morton, Grimes, Sylvia, Davey, Moloney, Jetta, Strauss, Blease, Valenti, Jones, Green, Bruce, Dunn, Petterd.

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Talk about an unstoppable midfield. Plus could pick up another midfielder with pick 11 or 18.

He can murder it at Carlton all he likes.

Scully, Trengrove, Morton, Grimes, Sylvia, Davey, Moloney, Jetta, Strauss, Blease, Valenti, Jones, Green, Bruce, Dunn, Petterd.

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Talk about an unstoppable midfield. Plus could pick up another midfielder with pick 11 or 18.

Big call by him to leave when the other month he said he wants to be the next skipper.
Some of those blokes are no good or will be retired by the time the other ones are good so not sure if it will be unstoppable.
Future does look bright tho for the dees compared to a lot of clubs eg richmond.
And its only been 2 or 3 years since they last played finals so they havent been down for that long

Only two of those blokes are over 24 and the only one who will be no good is Dunn while Petterd will probably be more a forward/back than midfielder. Add to that list a couple more draft picks in the next couple of years and you will find our midfield will be unstoppable.

Yeah dunn will be no good. Who knows if Jetta Blease Valenti and Strauss are going to be any good.
Moloney will never be a star either.
The dees problem is that Bruce and Green will be getting old by the time these blokes come good if they do.

Dont get me wrong i reckon the dees will be a real good side in 3 years time but i dont reckon their midfield will be anywhere near unstoppable

I just had $100 on him at $5.50 with Mark Read. Might go again later on if that price holds up.

Bit of a fishing story, but i went to have $50 on him at $41 earlier in the year but thought better of it, two weeks later he was in to single figures. **** it!

BTW, Paul Chapman is huge odds for the Norm Smith next week. $13 with Mark Read, not sure about Sportsbet but i'd imagine about the same. Ridiculous odds for a bloke playing almost perfect football.

Good call me. Had a lazy 100 on him at 13's last Monday. Also had 20 clams on Max Rooke @ $26 for first goal. Nice work tumble...

Good work! All my bets didn't turn out. Had Norm Smith bets on Ablett and Mackie. Ablett was very good without having massive numbers. Had a huge influence on the result and was in the top three players on the ground with Chapman and Hayes for mine. Mackie was okay too, started the game on fire.

Redeemed myself a little though by winning the sweep thanks to Maxxy Rooke, and an honourable mention to Raph Clarke.

Will just give you my win tips for tomorrow. Have been busy exfoliating so haven't been able to work out my exotics at this stage. May put them up later if I have time.

FLEMINGTON

Race 1 - Tricarico
Just a guess here as none have raced. Hayes is generally pretty good at getting the two year olds up though and with Williams aboard I assume it is the better of the Hayes two. Out of General Nediym (sprinter) so the 1000m should suit better than some of the others.

Race 2 - Tribunal
Settled well back last start and still managed to get home against the other favourite here in Shamoline Warrior. Don't think he will get so far back this time and should score again.

Race 3 - Tickets
I am giving him another chance. Almost fell mid race last time and had to work very hard to get back in the race so forget that. Has the class factor and will win.

Race 4 - Light Vision
After a couple of unlucky seconds Light Vision is ready to win. Four weeks back carried 60.5 kg and two weeks ago was 5 wide. I like my stayers third up as well so Light Vision ticks all the boxes.

Race 5 - Hot Danish
Do I really need to explain? Absolute moral.

Race 6 - Mont Fleuri
Was an impressive third against my girl (Irish Lights) getting home strongly last start. Will really appreciate the extra 200m. My tip of the day.

Race 7 - Red Ruler
Backing with the heart a bit here. Red Ruler is one of my favourites and I have been hanging out for an opportunity to back him. Here is my first chance over 2000m and very well in the weights. Should be given every chance.

Race 8 - First Command
Just keeps winning and there is no reason to jump off here. Class may be a little stronger but not much.

Race 9 - Rightfully Yours
Mick Price and Glen Boss. A combo I like the sound of.

CAULFIELD GUINEAS should be a great race. Bart Cummings said it's the best field in 10 years... I'll be there drinking plenty and this is how they'll finish in the big race.

1st- Denman- Just can't go past it. Great turn of foot and races pretty handy so shouldn't find much trouble. 1-2 length win.

2nd-Tickets- Well over the odds in my opinion, didn't beat much last start but previous form has been ultra consistant. Was 2nd to Phelan Ready in the golden Slipper. Good each way bet

3rd- Trusting- Really like this horse, only reason i haven't picked it on top is how far back it gets. If it's ridden more on the pace it will be a huge chance. Was 2nd last around the turn in the Prelude (finished 2nd) and will be flying home.

For the trifecta throw in Manhattan Rain and a roughie Extra Zero for value.

Happy Punting

Denman the obvious star of the field but after that it looks pretty open. Not sure I would be rushing to take the 2.60 on offer for Denman at the moment, might wait and see what the bookies are offering on course. Denman's last start was a bit of a worry in my opinion, not sure it ran out the 1600m so well. Trusting and So You Think will be running on strongly but I would prefer them if it were at Flemington.

Also Manhattan Rain. Gai nows how to train a horse for a 1600m race and doesn't usually bring them down unless she is super confident. I think my money may be going there.

Question for any of you gambling experts - can anybody explain to me why a horse would be paying $21 for the win on fixed odds, but be the $3.80 favourite on the tote?

Remove this Banner Ad

TAB thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back