Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by eastaugh36

cars are more of a necessity. Smoking is not. Yeah we are a free country so we should not have to put up with disgusting people when we go out in public, passive smoking etc. Some people look after themselves
disgusting people?
smoking maybe disgusting to non smokers but most smokers do the right thing and i for one can see the non smokers point of view.
until it become illegal which it never will i.ll continue to smoke where i am allowed to.
call it a disgusting habit yes
we as people disgusting?
moron!!
cheers!

It didn't start in Sydney till midnight, around the time when the soccer finished. I watched the first 15 minutes before going to beddy-byes but couldn't be bothered staying up any later than that.
Unfortunately I missed the Paul Salmon interview.

Rex is a legend for making a stand and doing it for everyone else who hate having smoke blown in their face. Smoking kills and why someone would pay that ridiculous amount of money for a pack of smokes to contribute to their death is beyond me ! :rolleyes:

Rex is a legend for making a stand and doing it for everyone else who hate having smoke blown in their face. Smoking kills and why someone would pay that ridiculous amount of money for a pack of smokes to contribute to their death is beyond me ! :rolleyes:

I agree. Yet people still sue tobacco companies when they are diagnosed with cancer.

Is there an echo in here? You made this point before....

I'm a non-smoker, but I have no problem with people who want to smoke. It's their choice, it's a free country and I think it's rude that people like you critisize them for doing it.

I hope you wear a gas-mask when you walk the city streets so that you live longer... :rolleyes:

Don't blame the people for using a product that is LEGAL in this country and most of the world..........

If we had a government with guts they would ban them completely and dry up a substantial revenue stream..........that's where the real problem is........

Originally posted by Briedis

Is there an echo in here? You made this point before....

I'm a non-smoker, but I have no problem with people who want to smoke. It's their choice, it's a free country and I think it's rude that people like you critisize them for doing it.

I hope you wear a gas-mask when you walk the city streets so that you live longer... :rolleyes:

He has a habit of repeating himself...........;)

I hope he drives an electric car, buys green electricity at the higher rates and avoids anything plastic for starters............

lots more non smokers are killed by cancer from the deadly gasses produced by cars, coal burning and manufacturing than passive smoking...........just look at the damage done to the environment and animals throughout the last century..........

Originally posted by dreamkillers

He has a habit of repeating himself...........;)

I hope he drives an electric car, buys green electricity at the higher rates and avoids anything plastic for starters............

lots more non smokers are killed by cancer from the deadly gasses produced by cars, coal burning and manufacturing than passive smoking...........just look at the damage done to the environment and animals throughout the last century..........

well theres not much we can do about cars as they are a necessity. However smoking can be eliminated from public, and hopefully it will be :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It comes on too late here...I sat with a drink in hand and my back to the fire and drifted in & out of sleep ....I woulda liked to hear the Fish and some Bomber chat and analysis for once.
TF is Sydney's only slim chance of authentic footy chat so I normally tape it.

I get a kick out of Rex but he acted like an a$s on the weekend. The rest of the 3AW crew are pathetic for defending him.

easty

You are the only person, apart from rex that is, who thinks he did nothing wrong, just give it up, it isn't just about smoking, he made racial slurs about a supporter & threw things at him, get it through your head. :mad:

I've heard the tape of Rexy now (thanks RadioShark, love your work:) ), and Rex was hilarious. So completely over the top as always - the secret to Rex is to not take him too seriously. I love listening to his broadcasts on the rare opportunities I have to hear them, and this one was a scream. He reckons he was being serious, but he had me in stitches.:D :D :D

Originally posted by mantis
easty

You are the only person, apart from rex that is, who thinks he did nothing wrong, just give it up, it isn't just about smoking, he made racial slurs about a supporter & threw things at him, get it through your head. :mad:

I wasnt aware that he made racial slurs. Well I support him for his stand against smoking though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by dreamkillers

.......and I'm sure Rex 3AW could be in trouble with the code that radio stations must abide by.

Are we talking about the one that thrashed Alan Jones and John Laws with a soggy lettuce leaf a couple of years back? The fact that it's a self-regulatory body shows how useless it is.

As for 3AW, all they care about is that they had a substantial lift in their football ratings in the last survey.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by wagstaff

Are we talking about the one that thrashed Alan Jones and John Laws with a soggy lettuce leaf a couple of years back? The fact that it's a self-regulatory body shows how useless it is.

As for 3AW, all they care about is that they had a substantial lift in their football ratings in the last survey.

Probably and as we have heard or seen nothing more it looks like it will just go away unless the guy makes a complaint or sues for defamation...........

I agree with your comments on 3AW..........

I know it is only the footy show but it was interesting to hear Sam say that there have been plenty of occasions at Rex's house with smoker's smoking inside the place..........could be Rex's version of the pie throwing publicity.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back