Talking footy

Remove this Banner Ad

for a guy who seems to have some sort form of worship towards Clive Waterhouse - a guy who wouldn't have played 50 games if it weren't for the rabble Freo were in the early days - it is quite ironic your bagging out Glen Jakovich.

The only player on your list who has achieved anything close to what Jako has is Peter Bell - and most (almost all) of that was achieved at another club.....

Originally Posted by Carlyp
Yes and you could never say that one culture is better than the other. Both have their advantages and disadvantages!

Never said that 1 culture was better than the other just that a hell of alot of ppl aren't aware that slapping in croatia is tough and think its weak and pathetic.

Cool Caro praised us for once.

Nice change.

She looked like she had a spring in her step and her body language was more relaxed.

Must of meet up with the guy who started that thread..the clokes?

;) :eek:

Originally posted by KiNgCliVe26
Never said that 1 culture was better than the other just that a hell of alot of ppl aren't aware that slapping in croatia is tough and think its weak and pathetic.

At least we know where Josh Fraser is going for his next holiday.

carlyp, settle down, jesus.

Originally posted by carlyp
Yes and you could never say that one culture is better than the other. Both have their advantages and disadvantages!

Next time I am sitting down to my meal of roast dog, urinating on public walls in broad daylight, or shrinking the heads of those who oppose me, I will expect you to nod sagely and point out how I am just culturally misunderstood ;)

Originally posted by Port01
Next time I am sitting down to my meal of roast dog, urinating on public walls in broad daylight, or shrinking the heads of those who oppose me, I will expect you to nod sagely and point out how I am just culturally misunderstood ;)

Hey! If youve been bought up to do that then I will defend you, yes!

Originally posted by KiNgCliVe26

Well thats fair enough. I'll forgive you for you lack of cultural knowlege on Croatia. I shouldnt expect everyone to know the ins and outs of the croat culture ;)

Each to their own, but back to talking footy.

After the first 10 minutes I turned off...last week was ok, but this week with all the SA teams bandwagoning..........that was sickening. Hence I am now checking out the foty sites online.

Originally posted by fan4collingwood
Each to their own, but back to talking footy.

After the first 10 minutes I turned off...last week was ok, but this week with all the SA teams bandwagoning..........that was sickening. Hence I am now checking out the foty sites online.

Fair enough. Yeah they went on about the SA teams for a bit didnt they?

Fair enough. Yeah they went on about the SA teams for a bit didnt they?

Yeah, bloody Bruce looked like he a hard-on about it. He has obvioulsy drunk too much of the putrid filth they call water over there.

Originally posted by Black Thunder
for a guy who seems to have some sort form of worship towards Clive Waterhouse - a guy who wouldn't have played 50 games if it weren't for the rabble Freo were in the early days - it is quite ironic your bagging out Glen Jakovich.

You're an idot BT. Waterhouse in his prime would have got a game in every single AFL club, bar none. That's why Port tried so hard to recruit him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Kenny_01
You're an idot BT. Waterhouse in his prime would have got a game in every single AFL club, bar none. That's why Port tried so hard to recruit him.

Would have got him, if Freo didn't ask for Dew and Lade for him.

Originally posted by Port01
Would have got him, if Freo didn't ask for Dew and Lade for him.

He was our most dangerous player by a mile. If we lost him, we would have been in more trouble. Obviously his AFL career is behind him now but in his prime, one of the most dangerous (and inconsistant) players going around.

i used to go to the MCG to see Kangaroos-West Coast games just to see Carey and Jakovich go head to head in their prime

they dont make em like that anymore

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
i used to go to the MCG to see Kangaroos-West Coast games just to see Carey and Jakovich go head to head in their prime

Thats so true, what Id give to watch those two battle against each other one more time.Two of the best players in the league at their best!

Originally posted by Yze_Magic

the one thing that can never be diminished about Jakovich is he is the only player to have drawn level with Carey in their one-on-one battles over such an extended period.

And on Waterhouse, very damaging on his day, but those were pretty few and far between - woulda been easier predicting the weather a month out than predicting how he was gunna play. Very Happy he didn't end up at our club.....

the one thing that can never be diminished about Jakovich is he is the only player to have drawn level with Carey in their one-on-one battles over such an extended period.

Yep, Jako really set himself to play Carey. Alot of the time he'd be down a little on form and then he'd come up against Carey and he'd lift. An out and out champion IMO!

And on Waterhouse, very damaging on his day, but those were pretty few and far between - woulda been easier predicting the weather a month out than predicting how he was gunna play.

Ummm... you try and play in a forward line with ****house delivery, ball hardly coming into the forward 50 and the number 1 opponent week in week out, with extra attention as well.

When he was in his prime, if you had asked all the coaches if they would want Clive in their side, I'm certain it would be a resounding 16-0 in Clive's favour.

Dont know much about waterhouse but the only thing I do remember is him being on TV just before the derby one year and he said...blood was going to be spilt! What was the score that day? I honestly cant remember...can someone remind me? It was the mothers day massacre I think....

Dont know much about waterhouse but the only thing I do remember is him being on TV just before the derby one year and he said...blood was going to be spilt! What was the score that day? I honestly cant remember...can someone remind me? It was the mothers day massacre I think....

Ask Phil Read or Andrew Embley. :D ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back