Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFFT as if u can tlk u have thurgoona as ur name can they even get one team this yr that can play footy n wen they r on the fild play by the rules not by their fists? i mean wen was their last prem? how many teams do they even have in this yr? :D
You obviosly not that wise at all altough the seniors didn't win A LOT OF GAMES LAST YEAR IF YOU FOLLOWED THE LEAGUE LIKE YOU THINK YOU DO YOU WOULD KNOW THURGOONA RESERVES FINISHED 2ND ON THE LADDER. Your obviously talking in past tense because you would find thurgoona are no different to any other club when it comes to playing by the rules. No more no Less so i think you should either do some reserch and know what your talking about or pi** off back under the rock you came out of.

You obviosly not that wise at all altough the seniors didn't win A LOT OF GAMES LAST YEAR IF YOU FOLLOWED THE LEAGUE LIKE YOU THINK YOU DO YOU WOULD KNOW THURGOONA RESERVES FINISHED 2ND ON THE LADDER. Your obviously talking in past tense because you would find thurgoona are no different to any other club when it comes to playing by the rules. No more no Less so i think you should either do some reserch and know what your talking about or pi** off back under the rock you came out of.

Don't know about that i reckon there would be at least 8 or 9 that would walk into any other side including yours TMWV. I with the bench warmer underestimate at your peril.

Couple of Newbies just showing up to do a bit of muck raking NOP!! Wouldn't concern yourself to much with the poor misinformed fellas.

is there any results from practice matches i know Culcairn beat Barny. Kiewa beat Jindera, Thurgoona beat Temora, Anyone know the results of Mitta v Rand/Walbundrie, Rutherglens game Beechworth played Murray Magpies i think.

Rutherglen played Cobram at Rutherglen were lost by 4-5 goals. Were missing a number of players

WLY round 1 should be very interesting in regards to dogs v hoppers then. i had a few training runs out at thurgoona bout a month back and they had enough numbers to fill 3 senior sides and plenty of young fellas too! dont under estimate thurgoona this year cos the sides that do i rekon will have their butts handed to them.

If Thurgoona have so many players, could it that Winmar & Farmer could make a suprise appearance after all the Kinross is just down the road, this would be a perfect fit. ha ha

My ladder positions at year end would be

Mitta
Yack
Barny
Chiltern
Kiewa
Rutherglen
Thurgoona
Tallangatta
Dederang
Saints
Beechworth

Going out on a limb but Barny Yack GF. Mitta out in straight sets.:thumbsu:

I'll have a crack at the final ladder

Mitta
Yack
Rutherglen
chiltern
KSC
DMB
Barney
Thurgoona
Tallangatta
Saints
Beechwoth

I'll have a crack at the final ladder

Mitta
Yack
Rutherglen
chiltern
KSC
DMB
Barney
Thurgoona
Tallangatta
Saints
Beechwoth

Obviously a Rutherglen follower TC, losing the Seymour boys would hurt but you still have them top three. Many in and outs or is it pretty quiet down there, interested to know of there movements, if any.

Obviously a Rutherglen follower TC, losing the Seymour boys would hurt but you still have them top three. Many in and outs or is it pretty quiet down there, interested to know of there movements, if any.

Other than players already mentioned, not to many changes. I put the cats in the top three on the basis that others clubs like Chiltern, Dederang and Barney seem to have lost a lot of quality players too. Rutherglen still have some quality players Davis, Kennedy, Day, Thompson etc to worry most teams. I guess we will all no more after Round One. Yack v Rutherglen should be a cracker.

The way I see it is that Mitta is so far ahead of the rest, other clubs are only playing for second

What do you think about the Wahgunyah Tigers joing the league for 2008, to make a 12 team comp. What colours should the wear. Magpies, Lions & Power seem to be the favoured options

Other than players already mentioned, not to many changes. I put the cats in the top three on the basis that others clubs like Chiltern, Dederang and Barney seem to have lost a lot of quality players too. Rutherglen still have some quality players Davis, Kennedy, Day, Thompson etc to worry most teams. I guess we will all no more after Round One. Yack v Rutherglen should be a cracker.

The way I see it is that Mitta is so far ahead of the rest, other clubs are only playing for second

What do you think about the Wahgunyah Tigers joing the league for 2008, to make a 12 team comp. What colours should the wear. Magpies, Lions & Power seem to be the favoured options
Dont think our opinion will really count to what colours they wear.It can only make the league stronger with their inclusion.Does anyone know of retirements from around the clubs?Obviously clearances are one way of loosing players,but retirements generally arent listed and can also have a big bearing on clubs.

It won't matter what colours they wear TC, in a few years it will be the Rutherglen/Wahgunyah United FC anyway.
Too right about round one, Rutherglen Vs Yack, new recruit Sypotts for Yack will not be available due to Army commitments, but look out for him later in the year. Dillons may not be available also, and Fraser has apparently done an ankle?

In relation to Thurgoona, not even their players are smart enough to spell the club name (THAGOONA???).
Murray will be interesting to see how he goes, I heard Wightman was lucky to make the Interleague squad last year, but they had to have at least one person from each club and he was the coach.

It won't matter what colours they wear TC, in a few years it will be the Rutherglen/Wahgunyah United FC anyway.
Too right about round one, Rutherglen Vs Yack, new recruit Sypotts for Yack will not be available due to Army commitments, but look out for him later in the year. Dillons may not be available also, and Fraser has apparently done an ankle?

In relation to Thurgoona, not even their players are smart enough to spell the club name (THAGOONA???).
Murray will be interesting to see how he goes, I heard Wightman was lucky to make the Interleague squad last year, but they had to have at least one person from each club and he was the coach.
Wightman more than held is own Interleague night.Regardless of whatever rules you think you heard he got a game on his own right.

MTAG - you 'heard' Wightman was lucky to have made the interleague side?? You are basing that comment on what someone else told you? Well done!! He well deserved his spot in that side, and would be a walk up start to any TDFL side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wightman more than held is own Interleague night.Regardless of whatever rules you think you heard he got a game on his own right.

All this debate about interleaugue is good but let's face it most players want the weekend off, and the best team is never on the park. Last years game was so one sided, so is it worthwhile, the Tallangatta League is clearly the strongest of the district leagues in the region anyway

Go re-read the quote MTAG, I'm pretty sure he doesn't play for or support Thurgoona.
Nobody mentioned anything relating to interleague football, I'm pretty sure the topic was in relation to whether they were up to senior football. Wightman played in two Queanbeyan senior premierships in addition to holding a regular spot in the Albury senior side. So yeah I reckon he'll be more than up to senior football.
As for Murray, from what I gather they don't let just anyone play AFL football. I think if he can play there I think he'll be up to senior football.

MTAG it is a big call to say that Rutherglen & Wahgunyah will merge in a few years time. There's about as much chance of that as Carlton merging with Collingwood.

He take your spot did he?:D

MTAG - you 'heard' Wightman was lucky to have made the interleague side?? You are basing that comment on what someone else told you? Well done!! He well deserved his spot in that side, and would be a walk up start to any TDFL side

Absolutely correct UN, I heard it! Not to say it is true though!
Isn't that what this thread is all about?? All the crap we "hear" around the traps!
Boxhead was a great contributor that night and more than held his own against most sides through the year.
Steve Brand from Chiltern rates Box very highly as they played together at Queenbeyan. apart from a couple of kg's he certainly is up to Senior footy.
I just wanted to see how much bite there was in the Bulldogs 2 weeks from the start of the season!

MTAG it is a big call to say that Rutherglen & Wahgunyah will merge in a few years time. There's about as much chance of that as Carlton merging with Collingwood.

Top Cat, for the good of the game, I hope not.
But, if it does eventuate, you heard it here first OK??? hehehehe

Could be the RW TigerCats?

Dont think our opinion will really count to what colours they wear.It can only make the league stronger with their inclusion.Does anyone know of retirements from around the clubs?Obviously clearances are one way of loosing players,but retirements generally arent listed and can also have a big bearing on clubs.

well STP wit the retirements from wat i kno of mitta has a couple wit mabey fish n mickas but flo will not give in yet and the veterain will keep playin for yet anutha yr.

Isn't that what this thread is all about?? All the crap we "hear" around the traps!
Boxhead was a great contributor that night and more than held his own against most sides through the year.
Steve Brand from Chiltern rates Box very highly as they played together at Queenbeyan. apart from a couple of kg's he certainly is up to Senior footy.
I just wanted to see how much bite there was in the Bulldogs 2 weeks from the start of the season!
he'd get a spot in my team anyday:D

Perhaps before you criticise others for their spelling MTAG you should look up how to spell Queanbeyan?:D

All this debate about interleaugue is good but let's face it most players want the weekend off, and the best team is never on the park. Last years game was so one sided, so is it worthwhile, the Tallangatta League is clearly the strongest of the district leagues in the region anyway
Clearly the strongest is a big call. Think the lads in the hume league would have a bit to say about that. Not trying to start the Hume-Tallangatta debate, just think clearly is a bit over the top:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back