Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that 2 players allegedly asked to leave Murray Magpies have applied for clearances to Beechworth, along with Tiarnan Halliday, who can play. Dederang have a clearance in for a bloke from Rushworth, Shaun Thompson, and a couple have left Barny for Wodonga Saints, what's the go there Al ? Yack have a bloke from WA Amateurs, Ben Sheridan. Anyone know anything about these guys ?

Tiarnan Halliday can play! kicked 10 goals in interleague game for TDFL a few years back at age 15 i think? as for Sheridan at Yack, no need for any Senior Coaches to be wary of him. Came with Sypotts (Army) and has been training for the last 5 weeks but has not been cleared because he could not remember the name of the league he last played in. Built like Tarzan..........plays like Kinross!

one of the barny guys going to saints in fact the coaches brother and had retired but was ask by his father and brother to a second go....was remembered for his mullet when he played at barny....

former kiewa player looking for another club......can't get a game.....would fit nicely in the forward line.....maybe going to the hoppers!!!!:confused::confused:

former kiewa player looking for another club......can't get a game.....would fit nicely in the forward line.....maybe going to the hoppers!!!!:confused::confused:

Not Klepiak again - he's been talking about leaving Kiewa for 18 weeks now !
Tips for this week:
Rutherglen to beat Thurgoona by 4pts. (Who would've thought that would be considered an upset 12 months ago!!) S Thomson 8 goals.
Kiewa to beat Yack by 34pts and put Yack's premiership they were talking up at the end of last year in doubt.
Saints to beat Dederang by 22pts in a rough'n'tumble affair, Jimmy Hodgkin & Freckle gone no-one to look after the youngsters.
Chiltern to disappoint the Hoppers looking for their first win, Swans by 38pts.
Barny to beat Beechworth by 68pts. Withers 7, Hollard 5.

he would never leave some one would have to take him to another club..he's so lazy...but can play...watched him early in the year in the 2's and looked handy but un fit.....

Not Klepiak again - he's been talking about leaving Kiewa for 18 weeks now !
Tips for this week:
Rutherglen to beat Thurgoona by 4pts. (Who would've thought that would be considered an upset 12 months ago!!) S Thomson 8 goals.
Kiewa to beat Yack by 34pts and put Yack's premiership they were talking up at the end of last year in doubt.
Saints to beat Dederang by 22pts in a rough'n'tumble affair, Jimmy Hodgkin & Freckle gone no-one to look after the youngsters.
Chiltern to disappoint the Hoppers looking for their first win, Swans by 38pts.
Barny to beat Beechworth by 68pts. Withers 7, Hollard 5.

Aren't most clubs talking up a Premiership for the next season when they bow out of the finals AP?
there will, i repeat, WILL, be some upsets this weekend. i would like to see the odds for your choice of the Cats over the Doggies AP? do you have inside knowledge that Thurgooona are going to field one of their sides from the last 10 years? that would be a very big upset wouldn't it!

Helloooo footy forumers! That's right after a self imposed media ban; JC, The Culphmeister or Culpheeee is B-A-C-K. That's back. Anyway I noticed there was a few questions that I needed to answer. First of all;
* Why didn't The Culphmeister get picked for the interleague squad? After thinking about this for about 20 seconds I came up with the answer. They obviously don't pick players on form. It's hard you know when the fans ask; did you get picked? Why didn't you get picked? As I begin to answer these questions whilst signing autographs clad in my beanie, trackie pants and dunlops (and sporting my trendy earring) I begin to ponder am I getting the respect I deserve?
* Why didn't The Culphmeister get picked in the O & M top 100? Well Big Al obviously the respect that I crave from outsiders of the football world is severely lacking. Obviously he doesn't know his footy. Can you pass on this quote to the unknowledgeable one for me Big Al- "Please Explain?!"- That's a quote from that lovely red headed beauty Pauline Hanson. A friend of the great mans- Franzeee! Also pass this one on; "What about me?" A lyric from the great man Shannon Noll. Boxhead loves it when I sing that one in the showers.
* Lastly the fans have been asking are you playing this week? "Yes" I say. Apparently due to the worshipping of The Cuplhmeister, people in Lavi obviously don't realise that in the paper J Culph is actually The Culpmeister. Timber we have talked about this in the showers and I have bent over backwards for you (Well nearly, I tried). My name needs to be put in the paper as The Culpmeister or J Culphmeister at least. I am sure we will get lots bigger crowds when this happens.
Anyway lovers of footy, Sticks is beginning to roll the footies on the floor for me. He thinks I am spending to much time on the computer this morning and that I am not focused.
lots of love
xoxox

The Culphmeister

anyone got any news in the washup from the weekends games. Heard on the radio there were a few injuries some possibly serious come out of the Yack/Kiewa game anyone know anything. This weeks games could be interesting with the 3 of the top 4 all playing those who are fighting for a spot in the top 5. You would think if Barny Mitta and Thurgoona win it'll just about book a ticket to Sandy Creek.

anyone got any news in the washup from the weekends games. Heard on the radio there were a few injuries some possibly serious come out of the Yack/Kiewa game anyone know anything. This weeks games could be interesting with the 3 of the top 4 all playing those who are fighting for a spot in the top 5. You would think if Barny Mitta and Thurgoona win it'll just about book a ticket to Sandy Creek.

Yes RHG, Daniel Powell has done his AC (2 minutes into 3rd qtr), out for 4-6 weeks (was his 1st game back after knee injury 4 weeks ago). Jarrod Hillary came off about 15 minutes into the 1st qtr with hamstring strain. He will miss their big match against Thurgoona next week and hopefully come back after the bye? Huge crowd at Yack yesterday and a very physical game was enjoyed by the spectators. The pace of the game was very quick, and the 9 goal win did not reflect the closeness of the game. Number 8 for Kiewa, Jack Rhodes is a gun! if he does not win the Barton Medal this year I will run naked down the main street of Yack (again). That guy was good. Fittest bloke I have seen for a long time. Kiewa side probably the next best side to Mitta that I have seen to date.

he would never leave some one would have to take him to another club..he's so lazy...but can play...watched him early in the year in the 2's and looked handy but un fit.....

Why don't you take him up to your club reggie, he will kill them in the Upper Murray League. You could even leave from work together to go to training.....

I did try at the start of the season but he said it was to far...he was offered a few pineapples a game but turned it down..i have giving up on him...he is good bloke but like i said very lazy....Just a little note I watched Barny V Beechworth's first half..Very Interesting...Barny's forward very strong,onballers unbelievable,wingers very quick and very handy ruckman.The thing i did notice was there backline looks very shakey sometimes...I will credit to the bushies the changed there style of game from the first quarter and gave Barny a shock.But any top should do they worked it out....

Just wondering people's thoughts on recruits to the league this year-good and bad.here are a few who have impressed-
KIEWA-Rhodes;Knight:Cameron
BARNY_Semmler:S Roche
THURGOONA-Murray;James(Not sure if 1st year);Toon
MITTA-Cohen;Dale
DEDERANG-Mounsey;Wooley(from 3rds)
YACK-Powell;Clayton
CHILTERN-D Ladgrove;Thirkell
SAINTS-Star
BEECHWORTH-???
RUTHERGLEN-???
TALLANGATTA-Policha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering people's thoughts on recruits to the league this year-good and bad.here are a few who have impressed-
KIEWA-Rhodes;Knight:Cameron
BARNY_Semmler:S Roche
THURGOONA-Murray;James(Not sure if 1st year);Toon
MITTA-Cohen;Dale
DEDERANG-Mounsey;Wooley(from 3rds)
YACK-Powell;Clayton
CHILTERN-D Ladgrove;Thirkell
SAINTS-Star
BEECHWORTH-???
RUTHERGLEN-???
TALLANGATTA-Policha
rhodes will win the barton, knight been solid cameron will get better as knee gets stronger. Semmler from all reports been really good will be Rhodes's biggest challenge for the medal. murray is murray. james is a former b and f at thurgoona, which toon there is 3. cohen will be dangerous come business end unfit at the start of the year, Mounsey been solid woolley will be a star of the comp, Powell injury interupted, clayton has been figuring reguarly in yacks best, star been ok not great same with Policha.

Tiarnan Halliday can play! kicked 10 goals in interleague game for TDFL a few years back at age 15 i think? as for Sheridan at Yack, no need for any Senior Coaches to be wary of him. Came with Sypotts (Army) and has been training for the last 5 weeks but has not been cleared because he could not remember the name of the league he last played in. Built like Tarzan..........plays like Kinross!

Built like tarzan plays like kinross. Good sledge, that made me laugh. A bit harsh but cant ignore the fact that I wet myself in front of my computer. Sorry I have been away, my pet dogs has been sick, thats right, the dogs are struggling at the moment................:D
Lets get this site going for f sake:thumbsu:

Helloooo footy forumers! That's right after a self imposed media ban; JC, The Culphmeister or Culpheeee is B-A-C-K. That's back. Anyway I noticed there was a few questions that I needed to answer. First of all;
* Why didn't The Culphmeister get picked for the interleague squad? After thinking about this for about 20 seconds I came up with the answer. They obviously don't pick players on form. It's hard you know when the fans ask; did you get picked? Why didn't you get picked? As I begin to answer these questions whilst signing autographs clad in my beanie, trackie pants and dunlops (and sporting my trendy earring) I begin to ponder am I getting the respect I deserve?
* Why didn't The Culphmeister get picked in the O & M top 100? Well Big Al obviously the respect that I crave from outsiders of the football world is severely lacking. Obviously he doesn't know his footy. Can you pass on this quote to the unknowledgeable one for me Big Al- "Please Explain?!"- That's a quote from that lovely red headed beauty Pauline Hanson. A friend of the great mans- Franzeee! Also pass this one on; "What about me?" A lyric from the great man Shannon Noll. Boxhead loves it when I sing that one in the showers.
* Lastly the fans have been asking are you playing this week? "Yes" I say. Apparently due to the worshipping of The Cuplhmeister, people in Lavi obviously don't realise that in the paper J Culph is actually The Culpmeister. Timber we have talked about this in the showers and I have bent over backwards for you (Well nearly, I tried). My name needs to be put in the paper as The Culpmeister or J Culphmeister at least. I am sure we will get lots bigger crowds when this happens.
Anyway lovers of footy, Sticks is beginning to roll the footies on the floor for me. He thinks I am spending to much time on the computer this morning and that I am not focused.
lots of love
xoxox

The Culphmeister

Hi JC. You missing the top 100 is a disgrace. Thats like saying John Irionmonger wasn't in the AFL's top 100 players ever. Toecutter, what do you think about it all? I have heard a little word that you are coming back up into the hills for the latter part of the season, is this true? :p

I did try at the start of the season but he said it was to far...he was offered a few pineapples a game but turned it down..i have giving up on him...he is good bloke but like i said very lazy....Just a little note I watched Barny V Beechworth's first half..Very Interesting...Barny's forward very strong,onballers unbelievable,wingers very quick and very handy ruckman.The thing i did notice was there backline looks very shakey sometimes...I will credit to the bushies the changed there style of game from the first quarter and gave Barny a shock.But any top should do they worked it out....

I wouldnt say keeping mitta to 1 goal, ded to 2, saints to 3 and bushies to 3 (2 from 50m penalties to goal square) all after half time all that shaky reggie. Just another thing to keep working on at training for the Tiges. Might have 20 x 400m for the backs at training this week in stead of 10 if Hollard sees your comments :D.

Built like tarzan plays like kinross. Good sledge, that made me laugh. A bit harsh but cant ignore the fact that I wet myself in front of my computer. Sorry I have been away, my pet dogs has been sick, thats right, the dogs are struggling at the moment................:D
Lets get this site going for f sake:thumbsu:

Agree, let's get this thread moving. At the half way mark of the season it's curtains for Rutherglen & Tallangatta for September action. Also Saints & Beechworth out of contention in my opinion, as it took 9 wins to play finals last year and those 2 only have 2 wins up and 8 games to go and looking at their draws in the run home, they would have to do something extraordinary to get there. Kiewa with 8 wins will definitely make it, as will Barny with 7. Thurgoona with 7 wins couldn't possibly stuff it up from here, with Tall, Ruth, Beech & Saints to come, surely they can get their 2 wins. I don't think anyone would consider Mitta missing out, with 6 up and their legendary 2nd half improvement to come. So that leaves 3 teams fighting for 1 spot. DMB, Chil & Yack all on 4 wins with 8 games to go (7 for Yack).
DMB have Mitta away, Chiltern (h) Thurg (h) Ruth (a) KSC (a) Yack (a) Tall (a) Mitta (h).
If they're good enough I think 5th spot could be theirs, despite playing Mitta twice & a big run of away games, if they can beat Chiltern & Thurgoona it's hello September.
Chiltern aren't in great form but have Barny (h) DMB (a) Barny (a) Mitta (h) Yack (a) WS (a) Tall (h) & Ruth (h). Can't afford any slip ups as Barny twice & Mitta, so would have to win all the others - don't fancy them doing that.
Yack haven't had a bye yet, and so only have 7 possible games left to win 5 matches, a tough ask for any team. They play Thur (a) Ruth (a) Be (away but home) Chilt (h) DMB (h) Barny (a) Mitta (h). Can be done but again can't afford any slip ups. Will have to beat Thurgoona, Rutherglen away and then knock off fellow contenders Chiltern & Dederang to get there.
Ladies & Gentlemen - Start Your Engines !!!

Agree, let's get this thread moving. At the half way mark of the season it's curtains for Rutherglen & Tallangatta for September action. Also Saints & Beechworth out of contention in my opinion, as it took 9 wins to play finals last year and those 2 only have 2 wins up and 8 games to go and looking at their draws in the run home, they would have to do something extraordinary to get there. Kiewa with 8 wins will definitely make it, as will Barny with 7. Thurgoona with 7 wins couldn't possibly stuff it up from here, with Tall, Ruth, Beech & Saints to come, surely they can get their 2 wins. I don't think anyone would consider Mitta missing out, with 6 up and their legendary 2nd half improvement to come. So that leaves 3 teams fighting for 1 spot. DMB, Chil & Yack all on 4 wins with 8 games to go (7 for Yack).
DMB have Mitta away, Chiltern (h) Thurg (h) Ruth (a) KSC (a) Yack (a) Tall (a) Mitta (h).
If they're good enough I think 5th spot could be theirs, despite playing Mitta twice & a big run of away games, if they can beat Chiltern & Thurgoona it's hello September.
Chiltern aren't in great form but have Barny (h) DMB (a) Barny (a) Mitta (h) Yack (a) WS (a) Tall (h) & Ruth (h). Can't afford any slip ups as Barny twice & Mitta, so would have to win all the others - don't fancy them doing that.
Yack haven't had a bye yet, and so only have 7 possible games left to win 5 matches, a tough ask for any team. They play Thur (a) Ruth (a) Be (away but home) Chilt (h) DMB (h) Barny (a) Mitta (h). Can be done but again can't afford any slip ups. Will have to beat Thurgoona, Rutherglen away and then knock off fellow contenders Chiltern & Dederang to get there.

love your stuff AP, now all is left is to get some Sportsbet odds. have you factored in that those teams to have the bye still get 4 points? it may come down to percentage in late August/early September.
i will go with my heart and say Yack will get in for 5th.

Does anyone have any predictions with the 2nds on how the ladder will finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back