Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what did i say about barny's backline!!!! it looks like they couldn't handle andrews and co. maybe had there legs ran out at training during the week???

Yes full credit to Chiltern, attacked footy well and tackled hard all afternoon and seemed to want it more than Barny boys. fitting win for Brookes in his 150th as the Swans were as good for the milestone game. Dickens fantastic across HB and Swans midfield ran well on big Chiltern ground. Sets up a cracking game Barny v Thurgoona this week at the Toy Ground with both sides trying to stitch up top 3 finish. Question for Kiewa supporters has Richardson been injured or not having to do much with Hawks on top of their opponents most weeks.

well what did i say about barny's backline!!!! it looks like they couldn't handle andrews and co. maybe had there legs ran out at training during the week??? Went and watched saints v tallangatta:thumbsdown: I would have to say one of the scrappest games of footy i have ever seen. Tallangatta looked very old and the saints looked poor.I did notice an assitant coach wearing the worst hat or what ever it was....how could his team take him serious...Did notice a few good signs for tallangatta in number 19,49 and mac guire that's about it....Anyway the finals seem not that far away and teams are starting to show there good form.:rolleyes:

Hey reggie, must have been at a different game, sure a bit scrappy for 2 bottom clubs - but Tallangatta old!!! 3 guys over 30 (2 with no hair tho, lol) 4 - 18 and under and the rest under 22 yold. Was a great idea by the saints to drop some back to their reserves tho, backfired just a little!!!!

Hey reggie, must have been at a different game, sure a bit scrappy for 2 bottom clubs - but Tallangatta old!!! 3 guys over 30 (2 with no hair tho, lol) 4 - 18 and under and the rest under 22 yold. Was a great idea by the saints to drop some back to their reserves tho, backfired just a little!!!!

if saints dropped a few to the 2's they didn't stand out that i could see.You are right with the bald guys. They did well and those younger guys do have talent. The reason i said it looked like tallangatta looked old was the fact the game was slow and scrappy.I was impressed with a little guy they called davey??? showed plenty for a guy undersized!!! By the way kickittome you follow the best afl team...go doggies....:D

On to this week pair of classic contests out at Thurgoona this week which weather permitting should see a huge crowd. The reserves should be a doozy with first on the ladder playing second. Barny put Thurgoona Ressies out of the finals last year. I'll be settling in early with my Thurgoona bakery pie and a cup of tea for that one. Then on to what should be a ripper in the seniors. Barny looking to bouce back Thurgoona wanting to send the Tigers home with there tail between there legs. There is no love lost between these two clubs. Be sucking back VB cans munching on a hotdog from the canteen loving every moment of country footy. The other game of significence is the Chiltern/Dederang game. The final 5 could be decided at the completion of this round one would think. It'l just be a matter of who finishes where. BRING IT ON!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

On to this week pair of classic contests out at Thurgoona this week which weather permitting should see a huge crowd. The reserves should be a doozy with first on the ladder playing second. Barny put Thurgoona Ressies out of the finals last year. I'll be settling in early with my Thurgoona bakery pie and a cup of tea for that one. Then on to what should be a ripper in the seniors. Barny looking to bouce back Thurgoona wanting to send the Tigers home with there tail between there legs. There is no love lost between these two clubs. Be sucking back VB cans munching on a hotdog from the canteen loving every moment of country footy. The other game of significence is the Chiltern/Dederang game. The final 5 could be decided at the completion of this round one would think. It'l just be a matter of who finishes where. BRING IT ON!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Why is there no love lost between the clubs RHG?

well what did i say about barny's backline!!!! it looks like they couldn't handle andrews and co. maybe had there legs ran out at training during the week???

Apparently big Andrews had a day out. Makes you wonder how many he could have kicked last year if he wasn't injured.

Big game this week which could shape the finals - Chiltern vs Dederang. If Chiltern win, they will be 2 games clear in 5th, but if Dederang wins it makes 5th spot into a 4 way battle as Chiltern, Dederang, Yack and Beechworth may only have 1 game seperating them.

Geez. I hope he's not scared of copping a toweling. Anyways no one can stop The Franzinator. After all i've been sent back in time to give the footy crowds something to cheer about and other players free lessons on the game.:D

Correction Franzinator, there is one blood nut who will, i repeat will stop you...
Tim Kindellan.

No one displays his courage or strength. Its like hes super human. I heard he once cracked a walnut in his arse cheeks

I see Mark Duryea took the Goona boys for training tonight. Should be a handy pick up come finals time (if he is playing?).:confused:

I see Mark Duryea took the Goona boys for training tonight. Should be a handy pick up come finals time (if he is playing?).:confused:

I can asure you Spotty he wouldn't be a starter for the Dogs. He's retired and there is no coaxing him out of that whatsoever. If for some reason he did come out of retirement he'd slot straight back into the Holbrook midfield with Manny.
Having said that it was great to have him down there tonight putting the boys through there paces and giving us some insight into this weekends game.
A good solid session if Gunny is coming out of it with a black eye! :D

Correction Franzinator, there is one blood nut who will, i repeat will stop you...
Tim Kindellan.

No one displays his courage or strength. Its like hes super human. I heard he once cracked a walnut in his arse cheeks
Sorry OT Tim who??? I've never heard of him. And besides i am a machine, the only thing that will stop me is..............oops thats right, nothing or no one will!!:D

I can asure you Spotty he wouldn't be a starter for the Dogs. He's retired and there is no coaxing him out of that whatsoever. If for some reason he did come out of retirement he'd slot straight back into the Holbrook midfield with Manny.
Having said that it was great to have him down there tonight putting the boys through there paces and giving us some insight into this weekends game.
A good solid session if Gunny is coming out of it with a black eye! :D
Sounds like he zigged when he should have zagged??? From what i hear he deserved it anyways.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently big Andrews had a day out. Makes you wonder how many he could have kicked last year if he wasn't injured.

Imagine if big andrews didnt eat so many pies he would be pretty handy

OK Boys & Girls, last week's result's certainly went a long way to helping predict who will play finals this year. Benchy, I must apologise, the Dogs are not setting the world on fire, but they keep winning. I don't know what have they done out there and who has done it but then turnaround has been sensational. Talking to an ump during the week and the Doggies are even being highly spoken of by the umpires. Never thhought I'd hear that. So, the Top 4 look safe enough, the major question is - who will grab 5th spot ? Chiltern certainly proclaimed loudly that they would like it, with an unexpected win against Barny, so they now take the front running. Yack's loss sees them out of contention, will have to win all their remaining games and I don't think they're good enough to do that. So much for the big photo with all the geriatric recruits at the start of the year. Dederang is the other side with a show, and this week's game is key. Would've been a hard choice for the Border Mail to pick between this game & 2ndv 4th for Match of the Round, but I think they've got it right, with Chiltern v Dederang having a lot more riding on it in terms of overall effect on the season. Looking at the draws, if Chiltern win they will be overwhelming favoiurites to take 5th, if Dederang win it's wide open again, and could come down to who beats Yack in their respective runs home.
Tips for this week: Chiltern to beat Dederang by 22pts
Mitta to beat Saints by 72pts
Tallangatta to beat Beechworth by 3pts (they're on a roll, one in a row)
Barny to beat Thurgoona by 18pts (Dogs out of form but can't afford to be this week)
Kiewa to beat Rutherglen by 38pts.
Have a good one.

For those interested, based on HII system of votes for players depending on w/l margin, here is a side based on ranking from 1st half of year for 22 top ranked players, most in close postions. Some players may be slightly out of position. Try not to get to carried away on the validity of it 'Switch the Play', it is only for banter ;).

b Ryan (WS - 33) Moscher (Thur - 24) Wightman (Thur - 27)

hb Knight (Kiewa - 33) Dickens (Chi - 29) Sutherland (Kiewa - 28)

c Surrey (Beech - 44) Hargreaves (Bar - 37) Davis (Ruth - 29)
* Most votes *
hf Mounsey (Ded - 29) Cameron (Kiewa - 22) Gentile (Ded - 23)

f Packer (Mitta - 23) Andrews (Chi - 36) Thomson (Ruth - 28)

Ruck Hunter (Thur - 26)
Rov Semmler (Bar - 42)
Rov Rhodes ( Kiewa - 43)

Int

Sugers (Beech - 22)
Hay (Yack - 22)
D.Ladgrove (Chi - 21)

AD how did Finna look running around the Kennel, heard he is filling out his Brookers runner shirt fairly well at the moment :D.

For those interested, based on HII system of votes for players depending on w/l margin, here is a side based on ranking from 1st half of year for 22 top ranked players, most in close postions. Some players may be slightly out of position. Try not to get to carried away on the validity of it 'Switch the Play', it is only for banter ;).

b Ryan (WS - 33) Moscher (Thur - 24) Wightman (Thur - 27)

hb Knight (Kiewa - 33) Dickens (Chi - 29) Sutherland (Kiewa - 28)

c Surrey (Beech - 44) Hargreaves (Bar - 37) Davis (Ruth - 29)
* Most votes *
hf Mounsey (Ded - 29) Cameron (Kiewa - 22) Gentile (Ded - 23)

f Packer (Mitta - 23) Andrews (Chi - 36) Thomson (Ruth - 28)

Ruck Hunter (Thur - 26)
Rov Semmler (Bar - 42)
Rov Rhodes ( Kiewa - 43)

Int

Sugers (Beech - 22)
Hay (Yack - 22)
D.Ladgrove (Chi - 21)

AD how did Finna look running around the Kennel, heard he is filling out his Brookers runner shirt fairly well at the moment :D.

Bit hard to tell Big Al as he was wearing several items of apparal to combat the frighteningly cold weather. ;)

just wonderin how the rats (howden & duff) have settled in at beechworth? they would be the sort of blokes i would be lookin at to get my side on the winnin list. lock up ya wallets boys if these blokes aint playin fair chance there diggin through ya change rooms :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

just wonderin how the rats (howden & duff) have settled in at beechworth? they would be the sort of blokes i would be lookin at to get my side on the winnin list. lock up ya wallets boys if these blokes aint playin fair chance there diggin through ya change rooms :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Sad news to hear. I think this is a case for the red nuts to handle. Franzy get the troops together, Rosey, swallow your pride son, dont worry about a leadership challenge and get the 'sauce ballers' united. Find out whats going on with these two pick pockets, is there any truth at all? Fanta Pants's, the fate and credability of this thread is resting in your hands. So get your red heads into action and find us the truth. We are all with you, the truth will set us free.............:D

Bit hard to tell Big Al as he was wearing several items of apparal to combat the frighteningly cold weather. ;)

Im glad Big Al's side was just for banter. :eek: Who is Moscher, Hay, Sugars, Mouncey etc. Whightman???????? What about Rodgers from Barny and Cohen from Mitta, there is half a dozen better on ballers than him running around. What about Withers from Barny, Carty, Beggs, Tuenon, Fraser, from Mitta. Purcell, Hillary, Fraser from Yack. And dont forget the Robinson boys from Yack seconds, 'can play'. And what about Franzy, what a disgrace, he would be the first picked. What about Watto, I thought he was getting drafted. Being serious, I would have thought Derek Murray would of been the first thurgoona bloke picked. Policia from Tallangatta. Brand from Chiltern. There's a few. Hope that helps Big Al, not having a dig mate just adding to the banter with some humour also, heeee heeee:eek::eek:

Sad news to hear. I think this is a case for the red nuts to handle. Franzy get the troops together, Rosey, swallow your pride son, dont worry about a leadership challenge and get the 'sauce ballers' united. Find out whats going on with these two pick pockets, is there any truth at all? Fanta Pants's, the fate and credability of this thread is resting in your hands. So get your red heads into action and find us the truth. We are all with you, the truth will set us free.............:D
Im :Don it mm. Il find out who the thieving pricks are, dont you worry about it!!!

Im glad Big Al's side was just for banter. :eek: Who is Moscher, Hay, Sugars, Mouncey etc. Whightman???????? What about Rodgers from Barny and Cohen from Mitta, there is half a dozen better on ballers than him running around. What about Withers from Barny, Carty, Beggs, Tuenon, Fraser, from Mitta. Purcell, Hillary, Fraser from Yack. And dont forget the Robinson boys from Yack seconds, 'can play'. And what about Franzy, what a disgrace, he would be the first picked. What about Watto, I thought he was getting drafted. Being serious, I would have thought Derek Murray would of been the first thurgoona bloke picked. Policia from Tallangatta. Brand from Chiltern. There's a few. Hope that helps Big Al, not having a dig mate just adding to the banter with some humour also, heeee heeee:eek::eek:

Don't give him too much grief MM I think he's using his duckworth/lewis system in calculating who is picked in this side. He takes into account the players short sizes, multiplies that with their age, adds that to the distance each travels per week to train and play and divides it with bevys consumed post match.
Big Al just cut and paste the Mitta side + Franzy, that should keep MM happy. :D

It's a form side, not a name side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back