Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Rogers 2 coach Wahgunyah.Ray Robins not a happy camper and has hung up the boots.
Darren Elliott back to the rangas.
Steve Murphy to join the exodus of Howlong players to Yack?o
Anderson and Nixon back to Barny?

Matt Rogers 2 coach Wahgunyah.Ray Robins not a happy camper and has hung up the boots.
Darren Elliott back to the rangas.
Steve Murphy to join the exodus of Howlong players to Yack?o
Anderson and Nixon back to Barny?

Spoke to a Howlong source on Monday who said Steve Murphy has definitely signed on for next year . Big rumour Hibberson is returning from Walla but source would not confirm or deny this has happened. Can ayone confirm or deny the Hibberson rumour ?

Spoke to a Howlong source on Monday who said Steve Murphy has definitely signed on for next year . Big rumour Hibberson is returning from Walla but source would not confirm or deny this has happened. Can ayone confirm or deny the Hibberson rumour ?

Sorry for the Hibberson Part Tallangatta Boys as you would not care as I meant to only copy the Steve murphy part for this thread.

Cheers

Big Al you might be surprised to know alot of the guys playing / heading to Cul aren't on big $$$. Maybe the prospect of playing finals / success is worth more than the money. Wouldn't surprise me if your home town club spent more than Cul did last year:cool::cool:

Thats bullshit 6pack, all 25 recruits culcairn have landed in the past 18 months are only after one thing and thats a bit a coin. There is no way anyone would just want to play for culcairn for the 'love of the game'. U need to get out from under the covers and have a good hard look. Probably should have kept these kinda post's to the Hume league thread, sorry lads

ok men i know it's very eary in the season with only a handfull of clubs getting their training underway but i think we are in for a cracker. I would say that Kiewa and Mitta will be the two to beat and would finish top two but filling the next three finals spots will be very interesting. You would think that the Saints will have no chance at all and although Tallangatta and Rutherglen will improve i cant see them sneaking into a finals spot. That leaves Yack, Barny, Doggies, Chiltern, Dederang, Beechworth and Wahgunyah(unknown) in my opinion fighting for the last three spots in september. Some of these sides will be playing elimination finals many weeks before the real stuff begins.

Also has anyone got thoughts on a top six finals system now that we have 12 teams. i don't know how it is structured re who plays who and over how many weeks but somenoe could fill me in.

Is there a pre season comp this year. I thought the night comp at Martin park was a great idea especially with the heat factor at that time of year, and the avalibility of grounds due to the ongoing drought.

heard that rat williams has left barny and gone back to shitttty old tumba!!! is that true???:confused::confused:

What has happened to the Tiges? They played off in Prelim didn't they? It seems that there are only departures from there and not many ins (Nixon/Anderson?), Hollard must have been popular as a coach for that much movement. It seems quality blokes have left too in Hargreaves, Hooper, Rogers, Semmler and co. and now Rat Williams. Is it the case of a clean out or player clash. Tiger fans?

What has happened to the Tiges? They played off in Prelim didn't they? It seems that there are only departures from there and not many ins (Nixon/Anderson?), Hollard must have been popular as a coach for that much movement. It seems quality blokes have left too in Hargreaves, Hooper, Rogers, Semmler and co. and now Rat Williams. Is it the case of a clean out or player clash. Tiger fans?

Got told today that Nixon / Anderson and Murphy are staying at Howlong.

ok men i know it's very eary in the season with only a handfull of clubs getting their training underway but i think we are in for a cracker. I would say that Kiewa and Mitta will be the two to beat and would finish top two but filling the next three finals spots will be very interesting. You would think that the Saints will have no chance at all and although Tallangatta and Rutherglen will improve i cant see them sneaking into a finals spot. That leaves Yack, Barny, Doggies, Chiltern, Dederang, Beechworth and Wahgunyah(unknown) in my opinion fighting for the last three spots in september. Some of these sides will be playing elimination finals many weeks before the real stuff begins.

Also has anyone got thoughts on a top six finals system now that we have 12 teams. i don't know how it is structured re who plays who and over how many weeks but somenoe could fill me in.

Is there a pre season comp this year. I thought the night comp at Martin park was a great idea especially with the heat factor at that time of year, and the avalibility of grounds due to the ongoing drought.

Thats probably true by the sound of it recruiting has been slow as no clubs have really jumped up and said they've recruited big, compared to the gold mine that is the Hume league anyway.

Thats probably true by the sound of it recruiting has been slow as no clubs have really jumped up and said they've recruited big, compared to the gold mine that is the Hume league anyway.
Chiltern have appointed Brookesy as A/C so they have filled their coaching panel from within so that probably tells you with all due respect it is hard to recruit at the moment.What about the Dogs NOP-heard Toons X 2 and a senior backman are signed at Rand;Paine moved to Melbs;Murray x 2 gone and Lachie Hunter as well.In addition Jamie Dunn turned 39 during the month so his old legs will limit him.Hope the Dogs have a few in the pipeline to cover those losses.

Chiltern have appointed Brookesy as A/C so they have filled their coaching panel from within so that probably tells you with all due respect it is hard to recruit at the moment.What about the Dogs NOP-heard Toons X 2 and a senior backman are signed at Rand;Paine moved to Melbs;Murray x 2 gone and Lachie Hunter as well.In addition Jamie Dunn turned 39 during the month so his old legs will limit him.Hope the Dogs have a few in the pipeline to cover those losses.

Switch's obsession with the Dogs continues. We are flattered by your interest. Comings & goings ?? Only time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Switch's obsession with the Dogs continues. We are flattered by your interest. Comings & goings ?? Only time will tell.
With Quality footballers who live in Thurgoona they could have a very strong side all you have to do is go down to the kinross on a weekend and you see the footballers around the area i know it might be hard to get them play but it would be interesting to see Thurgoonas side if they did

With Quality footballers who live in Thurgoona they could have a very strong side all you have to do is go down to the kinross on a weekend and you see the footballers around the area i know it might be hard to get them play but it would be interesting to see Thurgoonas side if they did

Looking from the outside in it seems Dogs on right path. Shoring up ex-players is the go, I think they also have a strict policy on who they recruit in terms of getting quality people involved as well. I think it wasn't long ago their junior side won a series of flags only to see a lot of those juniors head to OM clubs. Change that culture and make the Kennel an good family club and they will no doubt be strong in the future :thumbsu:.

Gus tells me that his old mate Dutchy Holland was still hobbling around last year for Barny at the ripe old age of 43.5 with a body like Montgomery Burns, and if he could do it then he's keen for another season.
Having said that I did see Gus attend training last week and got a bad case of jock grot before they'd even completed the first lap!:D

Big Al you might be surprised to know alot of the guys playing / heading to Cul aren't on big $$$. Maybe the prospect of playing finals / success is worth more than the money. Wouldn't surprise me if your home town club spent more than Cul did last year:cool::cool:

SIXPACK....What you just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response where you even close to anything that could be considered a rationale thought.... Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having read your post.
Leave your blatant lies for the Hume thread!

yeah true like every club we will lose a couple of quality types but will also pick up some quality to replace them. Expect the dogs to be around somewhere close to where they were last year. Would be very dissappointed to go backwards particulary with the nucleus of the squad staying.

Anderson and nixon have signed with barny. Both at training last night. Had a big turnout.

Spoke to a barny player today who was at tarining and confirmed that neither were at training and from his experience if they have signed would be unlikely to see them until lat Jan-feb. Seems Nixon, Anderson rumours are flying around everwhere.

yeah true like every club we will lose a couple of quality types but will also pick up some quality to replace them. Expect the dogs to be around somewhere close to where they were last year. Would be very dissappointed to go backwards particulary with the nucleus of the squad staying.

With the losses that have been mentioned I can't see the Doggies going any better than this years effort. Would be great to see the dogs in the five again but not this season. Don't get me wrong everything going well off field with the new facilities, new board and new outlook, just think the comp will be pretty tight next season.

With the losses that have been mentioned I can't see the Doggies going any better than this years effort. Would be great to see the dogs in the five again but not this season. Don't get me wrong everything going well off field with the new facilities, new board and new outlook, just think the comp will be pretty tight next season.

dogs only look like losing one toon (sam) to rand-walbundrie and the key defender that was mentioned not sure what he is doin yet but my money on lining up for the dogs next year. murrays definitely gone as everywhere is aware. good to hear LT dogs arent fancied again this coming season.. everyone was pretty close with their predictions on where they would finish last year too :D

Which teams do you see improving LT ? At this stage it looks like Mitta & Kiewa will be strong again, Chiltern & Barny will go backwards, Yack & Beechworth will be about the same and the rest are too far back to improve enough to threaten the flag.

Standard Top 6 finals series would be:
Qualifying Final: (Ladder Pos 1 v. Ladder Pos 2)
Elimination Final 1: (Ladder Pos 3 v. Ladder Pos 6)
Elimination Final 2: (Ladder Pos 4 v. Ladder Pos 5)
1st Semi Final: (Loser of Qualifying Final v. Winner of Elimination Final 1)
2nd Semi: (Winner of Qualifying Final v. Winner of Elimination Final 2)
Prelim Final: (Loser of 2nd Semi v. Winner of 1st Semi Final)
Grand Final: (Winner of 2nd Semi v. Winner of Prelim Final)

The biggest problem with a Top 6 I see is that a side finishing 3rd finds itself in an elimination final in the first week, i.e no double chance. Granted, they play the sixth placed side, which theoretically they should beat, however finishing 3rd out of, say 12 and being out in the first week is a bit rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back