Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
because of the lack of Byes in the draw. the first bye is after round 9 and the second is the split round 14 therefore having the inter-league on the long weekend would require the better players of the comp to play 14 or 15 games straight. I agree the inter-league game 2 years ago was a fantastic week to be apart of and i would encourage my players to participate in another such event, but i'd also have to consider the workload the players are putting in. 3 months of consequative playing would wear out the best of us. Most players do actually enjoy that mid season break:thumbsu:

NOP, You and your players could do yourselves a favour by drinking a can of harden the fk up. If you cant play 3 months of TDFL football straight then you and your pansies should quit the sport and start playing hockey, squash or any other *** sport. "3 months of consecutive playing would wear out the best of us" God forbid should you ever play a higher standard where you have to train more and at a highter intensity. Don't kid yourself it is only the TDFL.

to early to predict a ladder finish for 08 but it could end up looking something like this.. maybe?

kiewa
mitta
barny
dmb
thurgoona
tallangatta
yack
beechworth
chiltern
wahgunyah
rutherglen
wod saints
Holy Sh*t Hirdy!
Tallangatta must have recruited well. I seen them play twice this year they were a rabble.

Its always an exiting time when the draw come out.

From a Rutherglen point of view, Terrific to get Wahgunyah first up at home in 2008. Should be a great opportunity for us to get some money through the gate and over the bar/canteen etc.

Interesting to see that we only have Chiltern once (away), and for the second year in a row we are not scheduled to go to Mitta/Eskdale.

What do followers of other clubs think the 2008 draw?
Has the league introduced a new blockbuster? seems that the two grand final teams are playing each other first round. It was Mitta and Chiltern last year, and Mitta and Kiewa this year. Loosing is bad enough, let alone watching the Mitta boys raise the flag up that rickety old flag pole just to rub it in a bit more.:eek:

to early to predict a ladder finish for 08 but it could end up looking something like this.. maybe?

kiewa
mitta
barny
dmb
thurgoona
tallangatta
yack
beechworth
chiltern
wahgunyah
rutherglen
wod saints

Barny???? 3rd???? wtf?????

Who have Barny picked up Hirdy for them to be slotted into 3rd? I'm thinking they must be pretty handy if they are to cover Semmler, Two Bob, Rogers, Holland, Fez, Moore and others.
Lets not forget that knob they call a president who tried in vain to derail the Tigers last year!!!!

Who have Barny picked up Hirdy for them to be slotted into 3rd? I'm thinking they must be pretty handy if they are to cover Semmler, Two Bob, Rogers, Holland, Fez, Moore and others.
Lets not forget that knob they call a president who tried in vain to derail the Tigers last year!!!!
Barny only need to replace semmler and two bob, rogers will be back before the years out. They have a lot of young blood that should do well the likes of cookie, cam and young macca

AD, lay off a bit mate!
Barny have lost some talent with the likes of Hargreaves & Semmler (Rogers will return early in the season), but with good depth & some wise recruiting they may be in with a chance. As good as the players mentioned are, they hardly carried the Tigers through to a Prelim Final IMO.
As for the Presidento, agreed verbally carried on like a pork chop at Sandy Creek, but has a committee of 15 or so working hard behind the scenes to ensure the Tigers remain competitive. They unlike you, are prepared to put that behind them and move on, following on from Hollards efforts to resurrect the club as a regular competitive finals side.

AD, lay off a bit mate!
Barny have lost some talent with the likes of Hargreaves & Semmler (Rogers will return early in the season), but with good depth & some wise recruiting they may be in with a chance. As good as the players mentioned are, they hardly carried the Tigers through to a Prelim Final IMO.
As for the Presidento, agreed verbally carried on like a pork chop at Sandy Creek, but has a committee of 15 or so working hard behind the scenes to ensure the Tigers remain competitive. They unlike you, are prepared to put that behind them and move on, following on from Hollards efforts to resurrect the club as a regular competitive finals side.

Quite frankly I&U I couldn't care less about the President at Barny, was really just hoping for a bite, which to my delight I received.
As for the side, I'm not questioning the younger fellas that will need to step up and player regular senior football. My point is, losing IMO a large number of quality players from a side that finished 3rd this season will require an almighty effort if they are to consider 3rd spot again next year. There wouldn't be to many left around the area to recruit I wouldn't think.
While two bob and sem are fast approaching their mid 30's they truly will be hard to replace. Keeping in mind that Sem has recently aquired a tattoo, which will take quite a bit of hardness from the side also!;)

I was going to ask same thing, guys have them placed to finish well yet who have they picked up to make them so much better than being just last year?
drove pasted beechy training last week they seem to have some big boys out their!! not sure if they have picked up though as i didn't see them play last year?? are they usually a big side?? One of their players i was talking to said some of their local boys who have been down in melbourne are returning no names and not sure of the standard of these players!!!

Barny only need to replace semmler and two bob, rogers will be back before the years out. They have a lot of young blood that should do well the likes of cookie, cam and young macca

Tell me TITG, you must be one of the Barny faithful, it was only just a couple of weeks ago you said this:

Originally Posted by hariot
Kiewa and Mitta agian hey! Its hard to see any teams get close to these two. If Julian Day has agreed to play with the Hawks that will be huge for them as I have not head of any departures. I have also heard that Quinten Qooke has agreed to play there in 2008.
Mitta is a great club but can they win 5 in a row? That would be massive.
Here is a few names leaving Barny.
Hallandale
Semmler
Hooper
Hargreaves
Fairall
Rogers
Laracey Bros
Leahy

It may be tough times ahead next season for the Tigers.

leahy staying, shane and simon laracy staying, rogers had a knee reco and what i here they dont realy care about half those guys leaving they were not much chop any way thats what i herd:)

So you have you heard differant now?

From what I have heard its a rabble at Barny, and I hear one of the players from your side this year & an old player who's back in town will be playing for Yack!!

NOP, You and your players could do yourselves a favour by drinking a can of harden the fk up. If you cant play 3 months of TDFL football straight then you and your pansies should quit the sport and start playing hockey, squash or any other *** sport. "3 months of consecutive playing would wear out the best of us" God forbid should you ever play a higher standard where you have to train more and at a highter intensity. Don't kid yourself it is only the TDFL.
Have a good read of the post i think you'll find i said i would encourage my players attend if there was such an event. As oppose to your comment on playing a higher standard i think you'll find that most of the players that would represent at inter league level would be capable of playing a higher level but choose to play at TDFL level due to the work load not being as demanding.

leahy staying, shane and simon laracy staying, rogers had a knee reco and what i here they dont realy care about half those guys leaving they were not much chop any way thats what i herd:)

From what I have heard its a rabble at Barny, and I hear one of the players from your side this year & an old player who's back in town will be playing for Yack!!

Is the old player you are talking about Matt Hooper

Is the old player you are talking about Matt Hooper
No Nick it is not.

No Nick it is not.

dont beat around the bush, who is it?
i went out to Yack tonight and spoke to a few blokes and they had no idea what i was talkin about. Said it would be weird getting a player from Barny considering the rivalry.
Nick Moore works in Yack, could it be him?
if so, Andrew Nicholls will have himself a handy CHF in the 2's.
Hooper's old man did Coach Yack for a while so you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me TITG, you must be one of the Barny faithful, it was only just a couple of weeks ago you said this:

Originally Posted by hariot
Kiewa and Mitta agian hey! Its hard to see any teams get close to these two. If Julian Day has agreed to play with the Hawks that will be huge for them as I have not head of any departures. I have also heard that Quinten Qooke has agreed to play there in 2008.
Mitta is a great club but can they win 5 in a row? That would be massive.
Here is a few names leaving Barny.
Hallandale
Semmler
Hooper
Hargreaves
Fairall
Rogers
Laracey Bros
Leahy

It may be tough times ahead next season for the Tigers.

He's probably the President Skipper?

Mate your credibility was shot here a couple of weeks ago when you stated that Anderson and Nixon were at training and they wern't.Barny have lost 9 from Prelim final day defifnitely with a couple more still deciding.They have also lost 4 from the two's who would have been in the next group up.Clubs work in cycles and if the you think the beforementioned are the only two you need replacing you are deluded.It will be a rebuilding year for them and they have a lot of talented kids who i am sure will do well.

Mate your credibility was shot here a couple of weeks ago when you stated that Anderson and Nixon were at training and they wern't.Barny have lost 9 from Prelim final day defifnitely with a couple more still deciding.They have also lost 4 from the two's who would have been in the next group up.Clubs work in cycles and if the you think the beforementioned are the only two you need replacing you are deluded.It will be a rebuilding year for them and they have a lot of talented kids who i am sure will do well.

Checkmate! :D
CheckmateD.jpg

i was at the Tavern yesterday afternoon enjoying what i do most Saturdays when i heard the most distressing news about the Tallangatta League. Franzy is gawn sign seeled and delivered to the Murray Magpies. What on earth are you thurgoona boys doing surely you can't let the heart and the soul of the club just go. Who is is going to fly the ginger whinger flag now. You guys must be beside yourselves:eek::eek:

i was at the Tavern yesterday afternoon enjoying what i do most Saturdays when i heard the most distressing news about the Tallangatta League. Franzy is gawn sign seeled and delivered to the Murray Magpies. What on earth are you thurgoona boys doing surely you can't let the heart and the soul of the club just go. Who is is going to fly the ginger whinger flag now. You guys must be beside yourselves:eek::eek:

Im surprised he found time to sign a contract with all the aimless wandering around Lavi shopping centre he does

Troy has signed with Howlong dunno if his brother would go there though.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Whats his connection to Howlong? I would of thought Dederang would of been first in line to gain his services if he left Lavington. I have heard that the Bombers are trying hard to recruit after the mass exodus last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back