Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats his connection to Howlong? I would of thought Dederang would of been first in line to gain his services if he left Lavington. I have heard that the Bombers are trying hard to recruit after the mass exodus last season.

mass exodus? lost a couple but hardly a mass exodus heard theyve recruited a few already too, should be finals next year

mass exodus? lost a couple but hardly a mass exodus heard theyve recruited a few already too, should be finals next year

Perhaps not 'mass exodus' but I know some people at the club felt disapointed by the way things unfolded at the start of last year. They have some promising youngsters, but I imagine they would still be trying hard to recruit for both Dicketts and the club faithful/supporters.
Who have they recruited? So far I've heard the following-

McMartin (AC), Brad Dalkin, Dale Goonan, Darren Elliot (????).

Any others?

FYI specially to those who have got no where else to go!

All is welcome - please PM me for futher info

The Fitzroy Stars FC are holding a BBQ to seek interest of potential players. The Northern Football League are seeking a list of potential players to coincide with our application, the NFL will be considering our entry into the NFL on Monday 10th December;

When:
This Wednesday 5th December 2007

Where:
Aborigines Advancement League
2 Watt Street, Thornbury

Time:
5.30pm Onwards

Supporters and any Interested Members are encouraged to come along, we hope to see you there.

Perhaps not 'mass exodus' but I know some people at the club felt disapointed by the way things unfolded at the start of last year. They have some promising youngsters, but I imagine they would still be trying hard to recruit for both Dicketts and the club faithful/supporters.
Who have they recruited? So far I've heard the following-

McMartin (AC), Brad Dalkin, Dale Goonan, Darren Elliot (????).

Any others?

Who is coaching the reserves at DMB.
If they dont have a coach would it be worthwile trying to entice a recruit with that job.
that way he could still play 1s coach the 2s and still have a say in selection and training.

Who is coaching the reserves at DMB.
If they dont have a coach would it be worthwile trying to entice a recruit with that job.
that way he could still play 1s coach the 2s and still have a say in selection and training.

I have played at clubs where this has happened and it is one of the dumbest ideas.

The coach needs to focus on one team. Being the head coach then trying to concentrate on playing another game is too much for anyone.

I have played at clubs where this has happened and it is one of the dumbest ideas.

The coach needs to focus on one team. Being the head coach then trying to concentrate on playing another game is too much for anyone.
Your talking about Tallangatta League Reserves...With all due respect i reckon most could handle it.

Your talking about Tallangatta League Reserves...With all due respect i reckon most could handle it.

Yes it could be handled, but i like to think that if you take on a responsability of coaching the 2's you at least hang around and coach a full game, unlike most who coach 2's and play seniors who disapear at halftime or three quarter time to get ready, you'll never win many games like that

Yes it could be handled, but i like to think that if you take on a responsability of coaching the 2's you at least hang around and coach a full game, unlike most who coach 2's and play seniors who disapear at halftime or three quarter time to get ready, you'll never win many games like that

That is just a rubbish statement. I'm sure that if a bloke is good enough to coach a reserves side and play seniors he's smart enough to have someone in the coaches box he trusts to run the last quarter. It's not rocket science!
It's a fact that the reserves coach at Thurgoona plays seniors and they've made consecutive finals! Granted they went out both times in straight sets but that's coz he's a shit coach! :D

That is just a rubbish statement. I'm sure that if a bloke is good enough to coach a reserves side and play seniors he's smart enough to have someone in the coaches box he trusts to run the last quarter. It's not rocket science!
It's a fact that the reserves coach at Thurgoona plays seniors and they've made consecutive finals! Granted they went out both times in straight sets but that's coz he's a shit coach! :D

i totally agree and think that this would be a good way to attract maybe a younger talented player to the club, someone who has coaching aspirations for the future and wants to test some of his ideas out. Basically you set it up in kind of a joint coaching role where the player has a trusted assistant in the box with him.
If the player is fit enough and prepares well enough then he will be ready to play regardless and can stretch or warm up whilst coaching.
Its been done fairly well before and there is no reason at this level why it couldn't be done again.

Whats the difference between that and a senior playing coach. in both situations the coach hasn't got full control of the game. Its all about having the trust in the blokes that do assist you from the sidelines. At Thurgoona we've had both and its seems to work ok because we have really good people on the sidelines helping.

Whats the difference between that and a senior playing coach. in both situations the coach hasn't got full control of the game. Its all about having the trust in the blokes that do assist you from the sidelines. At Thurgoona we've had both and its seems to work ok because we have really good people on the sidelines helping.
Well said Orange, its two's fellas. Lets not get too carried away.

Just wonder how you could be deemed to be coaching a side when you're not there for a quarter & a half (at the business end). In my experience at any level, a senior player trying to coach the 2's does neither job justice. Don't yell - it's just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a crack and doing that is hard work. You have to have someone who can run the bench for the last quarter and then hurry into the rooms to get prepared and start focusing on your own game. I only did it for a year and that was enough.

I've had a crack and doing that is hard work. You have to have someone who can run the bench for the last quarter and then hurry into the rooms to get prepared and start focusing on your own game. I only did it for a year and that was enough.

Good to see so much feedback on this issue.
Some say yes some say no but I believe if you have the right people around you you can do this successfully.
Another one for you,why is it so hard to get a reserves coach?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its hard to get a coach because everyone knows it is the hardest team to fill each Saturday especially when you have to get up at 9.30 most weeks to get to the game after getting home from the Roi at 4am.

Good to see so much feedback on this issue.
Some say yes some say no but I believe if you have the right people around you you can do this successfully.
Another one for you,why is it so hard to get a reserves coach?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The fact is the actual coach is not there in the last quarter, its the assistant or the guy on the bench perhaps winning the game with a great move. I dont think you can fully give the position of coaching and you wont play your best football either if you are in two different teams. I have played at 3 clubs where it has happened and it doesnt work and having the coach play in the reserves team means a great player is leading the team.

The fact is the actual coach is not there in the last quarter, its the assistant or the guy on the bench perhaps winning the game with a great move. I dont think you can fully give the position of coaching and you wont play your best football either if you are in two different teams. I have played at 3 clubs where it has happened and it doesnt work and having the coach play in the reserves team means a great player is leading the team.

On the subject of coaches have Wagunyah signed a coach yet? I thought they did, but then a guy told me the other day that Marcus (ozzie) Osborne wants the job, but no-one in the club has got the Plumbs to say NO the him.Any truth??????and are they still on the hunt for a front man.

Flying Ducks you are obviously a battler-playing not only at 3 clubs but reserves at each.You have overstated the word "great" on two occasions.I havent seen any "great" moves win a second grade game and i don't recall seeing any "great" players leading a reserves team.The AFL has a few "great" players.....:thumbsdown:

On the subject of coaches have Wagunyah signed a coach yet? I thought they did, but then a guy told me the other day that Marcus (ozzie) Osborne wants the job, but no-one in the club has got the Plumbs to say NO the him.Any truth??????and are they still on the hunt for a front man.
Spider Rogers is coaching wagunyah.

Dederang got a few from Raiders, all recent fringe or 1st players and will see them with a stiffer spine. Should see Dicko and the Bombers surge back up the ladder. Dicko has run on the board for getting sides up too, took Bright to flag in 2004 after rebuilding so could have Bombers on the same path :thumbsu:.

Dederang got a few from Raiders, all recent fringe or 1st players and will see them with a stiffer spine. Should see Dicko and the Bombers surge back up the ladder. Dicko has run on the board for getting sides up too, took Bright to flag in 2004 after rebuilding so could have Bombers on the same path :thumbsu:.

any names for us big al ?

Hardly rebuilt Bright Al they recruited 6 O & M players went on to win the flag and they all left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back