Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with most practice matches results don't count for much, it's the old & new players commitment to the ball and to each other that count. The doggies were instructed to go out and enjoy their footy and "show us what you've got". There where no set plays ect, just to let 35 blokes(and kids) blow some steam off after starting training mid November 3 days a week.
In saying that, player rotations where common obviuosly because of the heat and because of the number of players. Yes, running players as mentioned(and others) where prominant, but what was most pleasing to see was the enthusiasm, teamwork of old and new players and the will to want the ball.
I'm sure Box and coaching staff where thrilled with what they saw.

As with most practice matches results don't count for much, it's the old & new players commitment to the ball and to each other that count. The doggies were instructed to go out and enjoy their footy and "show us what you've got". There where no set plays ect, just to let 35 blokes(and kids) blow some steam off after starting training mid November 3 days a week.
In saying that, player rotations where common obviuosly because of the heat and because of the number of players. Yes, running players as mentioned(and others) where prominant, but what was most pleasing to see was the enthusiasm, teamwork of old and new players and the will to want the ball.
I'm sure Box and coaching staff where thrilled with what they saw.
And Howlong wern`t doing the same? Did Howlong run out there full of set plays? And why wouldn`t Thurgoona run with their set plays? Surely you need to test them out and a praccy game is no better place to do it. Howlong play no kids? C`mon you lost, and Howlong should deserve a little credit.

Hey Guys, just letting u know that I played for Beechworth as we Defeated Bright at Myrtleford Today by 2 Goals, both teams didn't hav some of their stars but it was a good hitout in 30+ Degrees heat.

And Howlong wern`t doing the same? Did Howlong run out there full of set plays? And why wouldn`t Thurgoona run with their set plays? Surely you need to test them out and a praccy game is no better place to do it. Howlong play no kids? C`mon you lost, and Howlong should deserve a little credit.

Pull ya head in a bit richo, never said Howlong weren't playing kids etc, but the doggies had a lot of new players that the coaching staff are unaware of the best postion on the ground to suit their style of play. Practice matches are designed not only for set plays and so forth but to also see the players in different postions. There are still more praccy games to sort things out.
Oh, and full credit to Howlong.:D

I Was also there i have ties to both clubs. I think you'll find that howlong didn't use the amount of players Thurgoona did. Howlong kept there bulk of senior players on the ground for most of the game where it looked like thurgoona rotated alot. One quarter i seen Madden, watson wightman tucker mellier maiden miller all sitting on the bench at the same time. And for your information when both sides had there strongest available lineup's on thurgoona were in front by about 6 goals. (before they put the scoreboard up)

The mighty Hoppers were too good for Walbundrie on the weekend winning by atleast 10 goals. They looked strong up forward with some big targets, the likes of Bradshaw were impressive. If Tallangatta's midfield can match the likes of the Nelsons, Rhodes and the Wightmans of the TDFL their foward line will tear teams apart!!! Keep your eye out for the Hoppers in 2008.

The mighty Hoppers were too good for Walbundrie on the weekend winning by atleast 10 goals. They looked strong up forward with some big targets, the likes of Bradshaw were impressive. If Tallangatta's midfield can match the likes of the Nelsons, Rhodes and the Wightmans of the TDFL their foward line will tear teams apart!!! Keep your eye out for the Hoppers in 2008.

Score was 23.15 to 7.8. RWT had only 10 senior players and not the numbers the hoppers did, hoppers lent some players late in game. Was good hit out in hot conditions and yes hoppers forward line looks big, strong & quick. But a long long way to go this season as we try to re build and get back up to the top and talking to the coaching staff, not getting carried away by 2 praccy match wins.

hariot who are these guys that are playing in the hoppers mid-field? can you please give us a few names. sounds like hoppers are heading in right direction for sure!!

i really don't think you can look to much into practice match results. unless you have 2 games seniors and reserves the results don't really count for much as due to unavailability and rotation of players, clubs don't field there best outfits. In terms of our practice match on saturday i was really pleased with what i saw, the players were told just to have a crack without to much specific instruction. When you have a lot of new players you really want to see there ball winning ability first then fine tune set ups and styles. This week against Marrar will be different. Good to see Tallangatta preparing well and look forward to our clash in Round 1. No doubt coach Mathey has learnt alot from last season in terms of preparedness and looks like his chargers will go into Round 1, match hardened which will make it a cracker game. Bring on April 5:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I Was also there i have ties to both clubs. I think you'll find that howlong didn't use the amount of players Thurgoona did. Howlong kept there bulk of senior players on the ground for most of the game where it looked like thurgoona rotated alot. One quarter i seen Madden, watson wightman tucker mellier maiden miller all sitting on the bench at the same time. And for your information when both sides had there strongest available lineup's on thurgoona were in front by about 6 goals. (before they put the scoreboard up)
Hey you guys are probably spot on, and i aploligise. But, hey, the result was still a Howlong win and there is no shame to losing to them. Any team that can considered to a rival to Osborne is a great team. By the way the Doggies will go top 3 this year just to show i`m not a dog basher:thumbsu:

It must be the same Dale Andrews, I never would have picked him to turn into a good player. Even when I was in VCE and he was in year 7 he must have weighed atleast 140 kg. He must have lost a power of weight.

140kg? get your hand off it..
He was easily, far and away the best full forward in the Tallangatta league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been much news in the local paper? And what team at the moment has had the best pick up? Day to Kiewa is pretty good for kiewa but Slater also will be handy and can only help mitta. Is there any other big names?

I think a lot of you are underestimating Chiltern this year..

No offence shackle but who has chiltern picked up?any big names who have a big influence on the game?if clint dickins is still out there he is only decent player but his age is getttin the better of him..and dale andrews best full forward in tallangatta?! he only got a kick cos no-one could move him

I was able to get a look at Howlong play Thurgoona over the weekend. Howlong won by around six goals. Thurgoona seemed to lack a couple of big men but had plenty of running type players that found the footy a lot. eg Mellier & Whightman

i heard mellier was good but whightman didnt do much at all!! also heard madien looked lively!

yes/no??

I think a lot of you are underestimating Chiltern this year..

140kg? get your hand off it..
He was easily, far and away the best full forward in the Tallangatta league.

Dale Andrews has never been the best full forward in the TDFL. He was never consistant, appeared unfit, and missed a lot of games through injury (even the games he did play, he seemed to be nursing injuries).
He always looked as though he had ability, but never appeared to be interested. A good full forward, but defineately not the best.

No offence shackle but who has chiltern picked up?any big names who have a big influence on the game?if clint dickins is still out there he is only decent player but his age is getttin the better of him..and dale andrews best full forward in tallangatta?! he only got a kick cos no-one could move him

couple of big names, can't 'name names' just yet but they will be revealed.

they did'nt have 18 players out and barny had at least 8-10 good players missing
yeah i was talkin to a mate last night at a party who played for the power yesterday and he said they had up to 18 players out..so that doesn't say anything for barny..especially when they had only two senior players in seymour and hanrahan

they did'nt have 18 players out and barny had at least 8-10 good players missing
They probably had more out, mate. Lavis, Lavis, Haberman, Bedford,etc. I don`t know where your info came from but the Power took the bare min. of 22 players, alot of seconds players. That`s not taking anything away from Barny, reports stated that they were well drilled, extremely fit and had a good Game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back