Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
N.O.P. I Reckon your being a bit harsh. He was a starter in the 1st 21 at Lavi in 05 (premiers that year) before a last minute shift back to Holbrook on the death knock of the clearence deadline.
Why would he not be good enough to get a game at Albury?

Did the other hillary play at Lavi in that year? (05) If so did he play in their GF side?

Did the other hillary play at Lavi in that year? (05) If so did he play in their GF side?

No Jaz played for Holbrook in their 2004 flag and also with them as AC in 2005 in their Prelim Final loss to Culcairn. 2006 he went to Yack with his uncle Ross. Just on Yack with Liam Clayton on board does Purcell play forward or back. Realise Clayto is only light but between him and Scott Fraser you have a couple of blokes that would handle most forward in the comp. I'd think he plays forward to win games but curious what other Big Footy commentators would think. Also does anyone have news on Rutherglen's midfielder , No 5 I think they call "Wiz", is he staying or going. Last I heard he was on the move.

No Jaz played for Holbrook in their 2004 flag and also with them as AC in 2005 in their Prelim Final loss to Osborne. 2006 he went to Yack with his uncle Ross. Just on Yack with Liam Clayton on board does Purcell play forward or back. Realise Clayto is only light but between him and Scott Fraser you have a couple of blokes that would handle most forward in the comp. I'd think he plays forward to win games but curious what other Big Footy commentators would think. Also does anyone have news on Rutherglen's midfielder , No 5 I think they call "Wiz", is he staying or going. Last I heard he was on the move.
Benny Davis (wiz) is staying with Rutherglen. i hope nutta does have a crack at O&M be good for him and better for the rest of the comp it would weaken yack a bit. they would definately lose some grunt.

Benny Davis (wiz) is staying with Rutherglen. i hope nutta does have a crack at O&M be good for him and better for the rest of the comp it would weaken yack a bit. they would definately lose some grunt.

Nutta played CHB in their last practice match and apparently went well. Looks likely to stay at Tigerland. I heard he has signed but you never know until round one. You'd imagine big Rosco would pull the strings tight especially with the Roos pushing for a flag. But I do agree it would be good to see Josh "Zoolander" Hillary go well in O&M as he is a good player and team man.;)

I heard a rumour yesterday that Beechworth could be going into recess as they are struggling with players and an un-playable ground. Anyone confirm or deny this.

Yep you're right about the ground. They tried to move the ground closer to the grandstand at the netball courts but failed trying. It's now a big ploughed up mess and is gonna be hard to fix and at this stage won't be in use for the year. All of their home games are to be played at the other teams home grounds. Not sure if this is for the WHOLE year but at this stage, thats the plan. Netball club apparently announced it last night at league meeting.

Yep you're right about the ground. They tried to move the ground closer to the grandstand at the netball courts but failed trying. It's now a big ploughed up mess and is gonna be hard to fix and at this stage won't be in use for the year. All of their home games are to be played at the other teams home grounds. Not sure if this is for the WHOLE year but at this stage, thats the plan. Netball club apparently announced it last night at league meeting.

Apparently they got a water grant early in the peace also and had it taken away from them. Rumour has it they are going to approach Yack about possibly playing their home games at their ground.
Any truth to the rumour they're only getting about 11 to training?

Apparently they got a water grant early in the peace also and had it taken away from them. Rumour has it they are going to approach Yack about possibly playing their home games at their ground.
Any truth to the rumour they're only getting about 11 to training?

There would have to be a bit of draw shuffling if they were to play at Yack. 3 of Beechworth's home games clash with Yack home games. Unless they play on a Sunday which opposition clubs won't like.

There would have to be a bit of draw shuffling if they were to play at Yack. 3 of Beechworth's home games clash with Yack home games. Unless they play on a Sunday which opposition clubs won't like.

Apparently they did say something about working out something with Yack, so I guess it's not out of the question.

You'd think there'd be a couple of clubs hoping they don't go into recess (Talangatta, Wodonga or Thurgoona) as they would look to Beechworth for the 4 points.

No Jaz played for Holbrook in their 2004 flag and also with them as AC in 2005 in their Prelim Final loss to Osborne. 2006 he went to Yack with his uncle Ross. Just on Yack with Liam Clayton on board does Purcell play forward or back. Realise Clayto is only light but between him and Scott Fraser you have a couple of blokes that would handle most forward in the comp. I'd think he plays forward to win games but curious what other Big Footy commentators would think. Also does anyone have news on Rutherglen's midfielder , No 5 I think they call "Wiz", is he staying or going. Last I heard he was on the move.

You'd have to play Purcell up forward wouldn't you? He can kick multiple goals in a quarter. Saw him play CHB in half a game last year and was good but he's too damaging to leave back there. They also have Michael Rose who could help out Fraser and Clayton (I don't know much about thos guy?) down back if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how chiltern are faring? Heard they had lost a couple of locals for various reasons

Chiltern unknown. May have lost a couple of locals due to abigroup moving on. However they may get positions in Holbrook where abigroup are now working. Depends if they get positions there. Abigroup also have work in the Geelong area. That I know of.

James and Paul Hodgkin going to Mitta is a bit of speculation at the moment. They obviously have relatives in the mountains but will be interesting to see what actually happens this year. I did hear this rumour at the start of 06 (once or twice)- but have heard it from a lot more sources in 07. So there may be some truth to it. It will be interesting to see what actually happens there. Wouldn't surprise me though as both are into their twilight years as footballers and Dederang have lost a few.

Chiltern unknown. May have lost a couple of locals due to abigroup moving on. However they may get positions in Holbrook where abigroup are now working. Depends if they get positions there. Abigroup also have work in the Geelong area. That I know of.

James and Paul Hodgkin going to Mitta is a bit of speculation at the moment. They obviously have relatives in the mountains but will be interesting to see what actually happens this year. I did hear this rumour at the start of 06 (once or twice)- but have heard it from a lot more sources in 07. So there may be some truth to it. It will be interesting to see what actually happens there. Wouldn't surprise me though as both are into their twilight years as footballers and Dederang have lost a few.
See Troy Price and guy Pendergast have applied for clearances to Lavington.Rumour was the Shannon bothers,Phibbs had moved towards the coast with abigroup.Wade Harris has retired and Josh Trebley looks likely to play with Walbundrie.Hibberson training with Raiders,also Way obviously and apparently Clint Dickens is trying to get into a real esate course which will take him to Melbourne(over what time frame and when not sure) so they have potentially lost a few.Picked up Cassidy who obviously can play.

What about Hargraves at Barnawartha, I heard he is retiring.

Also who is this semmler. Is he pete semmler's son from farren hills?

:D
Danny is training very well at moment. Has done a big preseason, moving well and no injury concerns in his 50 year old rugger shorts. I think STP was referring to a different Bradshaw to the one linked to the Tiges.

Yeah he's still going OK and he's still trying to convince blokes about his age, will show you his drivers licence first chance he gets. I think he did get asked about super rules but wouldn't part with his beloved ruggers for a new uniform. Will be happy to see him running around in a Tiges jumper again though.

You see to know him rather well Big Al 11, kinda contradicts your first statement above! Reading through the threads you appear to know quite a few of the former Holbrook boys quite well (Hume league also) apart from Semmler. Your 2004 premiership captain wouldn't be to happy you've forgotten him already.
I reckon I might have heard that drivers license comment made by the Barny coach on more than one occasion too!
Be fair to say you don't barrack for St Kilda either! GO THE HAWKS!!!:)

You see to know him rather well Big Al 11, kinda contradicts your first statement above! Reading through the threads you appear to know quite a few of the former Holbrook boys quite well (Hume league also) apart from Semmler. Your 2004 premiership captain wouldn't be to happy you've forgotten him already.
I reckon I might have heard that drivers license comment made by the Barny coach on more than one occasion too!
Be fair to say you don't barrack for St Kilda either! GO THE HAWKS!!!:)
Going thru Big Als threads AD,doesnt seem as though he has tried to hide his connection between Holbrook and Barny.His contradictions may well have been an attempt to discuss a little banter which is all this is,just a bit of fun.

Going thru Big Als threads AD,doesnt seem as though he has tried to hide his connection between Holbrook and Barny.His contradictions may well have been an attempt to discuss a little banter which is all this is,just a bit of fun.

Your right STP, in the end the forum wouldn't be all that interesting without a bit of banter would it.;) As for Semmler I'm sure he'd let me know if I'd forgotten him :)Also AD it seems that you are only a new arrival on here so I'll be interested to see what news you can bring to the table. Your stuff on Beechworth was interesting.

Your right STP, in the end the forum wouldn't be all that interesting without a bit of banter would it.;) As for Semmler I'm sure he'd let me know if I'd forgotten him :)Also AD it seems that you are only a new arrival on here so I'll be interested to see what news you can bring to the table. Your stuff on Beechworth was interesting.

Fair point gentlemen, but lets be honest, you haven't sat there trying to figure out who's who throughout all this banter?? Nonetheless I will endeavour to keep the mind squarley on football issues.
So tell me Big Al 11, you blokes got Nick "Horse" Moore over the line there yet? He'll be a very handy pick up.

Fair point gentlemen, but lets be honest, you haven't sat there trying to figure out who's who throughout all this banter?? Nonetheless I will endeavour to keep the mind squarley on football issues.
So tell me Big Al 11, you blokes got Nick "Horse" Moore over the line there yet? He'll be a very handy pick up.

Just answering the questions AD, I don't sit there challenging myself to work blokes 'names' out rather I find reading the messages more interesting. To answer your question the big Horse has been at training and seeing how the body goes, still hasn't lost his touch and is keeping the boys thinking through the drills;)

For any Chilten blokes there is Spike Brand playing again this year, heard the other day he maybe finishing up. Be a big loss if he does retire.

Just answering the questions AD, I don't sit there challenging myself to work blokes 'names' out rather I find reading the messages more interesting. To answer your question the big Horse has been at training and seeing how the body goes, still hasn't lost his touch and is keeping the boys thinking through the drills;)

For any Chilten blokes there is Spike Brand playing again this year, heard the other day he maybe finishing up. Be a big loss if he does retire.

I don't mean to break it to you Big Al, but you're no "challenge" :p
having said that, we're getting off track again and concerning ourselves with all things "Unfootball" :thumbsu:

It'd be good to see the big old Horse back into it, with the head down resting on his chest! They get him on the right medication before the game and they'll have a superstar down their way. All they'd need then would be Aylmore, Parker, Gunn and Costello and they'd have themselves a real "Dad's Army".:D

You're right on the money there too Big Al re: Brand, heard the same story only an hour ago. Apparently His missus and Way's missus are good friends and she's back to the Raiders to play netball together given he's not at Chiltern now.

Heard too that Dickett's is under no illusions at Dederang and may have some regrets about his initial move. Tough task to expect to split Albury players three ways.... well two and a half ways (No offence big Hoota) ;)

I don't mean to break it to you Big Al, but you're no "challenge" :p
having said that, we're getting off track again and concerning ourselves with all things "Unfootball" :thumbsu:

It'd be good to see the big old Horse back into it, with the head down resting on his chest! They get him on the right medication before the game and they'll have a superstar down their way. All they'd need then would be Aylmore, Parker, Gunn and Costello and they'd have themselves a real "Dad's Army".:D

You're right on the money there too Big Al re: Brand, heard the same story only an hour ago. Apparently His missus and Way's missus are good friends and she's back to the Raiders to play netball together given he's not at Chiltern now.

Heard too that Dickett's is under no illusions at Dederang and may have some regrets about his initial move. Tough task to expect to split Albury players three ways.... well two and a half ways (No offence big Hoota) ;)

Believe Way is married to Brand's sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back