Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Switch the Play):Its not that you are playing for a tracksuit and nice guernsey;it's about attracting some sort of prestige as we both agree on OTO.Those two items are at least something that can be worn at training with a little bit of pride.I remember the yellow polo from Hume league days you would be embarassed to wear yabbying.Just another point on the MM,"surely Robbo deserves better".Doesnt the coaching staff along with the committee become responsible for the clubs culture?He deserves the blame,not pity for that joke of a club.He has been at the helm for a long time not inherited that list.It's pretty simple,look at the succesful clubs;Osborne;Mitta etc-they dont recruit ********s.As a coach surely he finds out a little about the charachter of blokes coming to his footy club.You would rather recruit a good person than a handy footballer who seta a bad influence internally and is viewed that way externally every time!
user_offline.gif

Might be time switch to start looking in your own football club and start questioning it's culture if that above is in fact correct. ;)
Not even you are that silly AD to believe that

Curious to know when you saw this occur MTAG. I know first hand that the coach of Barny has made it a point to encourage players to go into the oppositions rooms win, lose or draw after games. Everyone knows the best way to make some quick dollars for your footy club is by encouraging opp. clubs in for a beer after the game and follow suit on return trips so they cna also make some funds also. I think you maybe taking a cheap shot there.:thumbsdown:

Agreed. Barny certainly filled the Mitta rooms on the weekend. Good to see.

????????How could that be possible?When could it happen ?

OK, time for some clarification. I din't think it would get this far!
i would hardly call witnessing something a cheap shot either!
Big Al, you are correct, it is the best way to make some funds after the game. and, might i add, Mr Hollard and Co stayed for a very long while at Roo park after they beat us by 4 or 5 goals.
might pay to look at the Reserves players? i was actually alerted to something as the local Yack Cop was near my car asking if i knew any of the people. knowing they werent Yack people i said no. all would have been ok had they not been drinking stubbies! all clubs have a no glass policy don't they? anyway that's the story and i am sure it won't happen again, anywhere!
back to footy matters, am curious if the young bloke hit at sweethearts over a slice of pizza was a footy player?? paper hasn't mentioned a name yet. here's hoping he is OK.

Never seen a game of TFL though was just wondering if a] is Barny a genuine chance at a flag this year with a coach that knows what's required and b] does said coach still drink like nana as I have session with him in the near future.

Benchy, you are on the money there with Yack mate! they will get back Daniel Powell this week and Matt Hay (rested last week). this week could see Yack field their strongest side for the season, so the Bushrangers wanna be ready!
the home game comment by Run straight was spot on. i think Beechworth have played the same amount if not more games than Yack have at Yack. should make for a great Canteen and bar sales then (that's what clubs like to see isn't it!) (except for the scabs from Barny who take their own grog to away games and sell it to their own players!)[/quote]

That's a fairly serious allegation against Barny there MTAG. Do you have 1st hand knowledge of this ?

except for the scabs from Barny who take their own grog to away games and sell it to their own players!)[/ I agree with MTAG Barney have been cooking BBQ's and bringing there own alchohol at away games for a number of seasons they also do it at the finals, they have I thought it was common knowledge within the TDFL. One Barney spectator also punched an opposition trainer after a game a couple of years back. This however is no reflection on the rest of the Barney FC

except for the scabs from Barny who take their own grog to away games and sell it to their own players!)[/ I agree with MTAG Barney have been cooking BBQ's and bringing there own alchohol at away games for a number of seasons they also do it at the finals, they have I thought it was common knowledge within the TDFL. One Barney spectator also punched an opposition trainer after a game a couple of years back. This however is no reflection on the rest of the Barney FC

I did hear a whisper that there was a club in the League that does this sort of stuff, just didn't know who it was.

I can only speak from experience but having been out at Barny for a few years I have not once seen any players or officials take grog to away games and cetainly haven't seen cooking of own BBQ. If spectators choose to do that then the FC has no control but to take aim at the club is off the mark. Barny had the bar last year at the GF if that is what your saying taking own grog to finals. Again can't speak to far into the past but I wouldn't say it is a practice for the past 2 seasons. If that has been a culture of the past then I must say Hollard has definately seen that change in the past 2 years, after Yack, Mitta and Tallangatta there was players who stayed back following the games. Admitadly only a few after Tallangatta but there were still a few there. Perhaps you may want to look after your own backyard TC as not one Rutherglen player stayed for a beer following the Barny v Cats clash. Not good form or an example from the coach wouldn't you say, no matter how bad the result was:thumbsdown: .

Big Al, you are correct, it is the best way to make some funds after the game. and, might i add, Mr Hollard and Co stayed for a very long while at Roo park after they beat us by 4 or 5 goals.
might pay to look at the Reserves players? i was actually alerted to something as the local Yack Cop was near my car asking if i knew any of the people. knowing they werent Yack people i said no. all would have been ok had they not been drinking stubbies! all clubs have a no glass policy don't they? anyway that's the story and i am sure it won't happen again, anywhere!
back to footy matters, am curious if the young bloke hit at sweethearts over a slice of pizza was a footy player?? paper hasn't mentioned a name yet. here's hoping he is OK.

It was one of the players , he was in a bad way spoke to his brother yesterday . Cant play footy for the rest of the year , but he will make a full recovery. Word is that the paper have made it look like it was self defence , but witnesses said that the bloke started swinging for no reason. Found out who the bloke is and i think he will be in a bit of trouble if big brother finds him.

Get on barny no one will get close when they fire!!!

Sorry for my absence, I have been preparing for the bogong moth festival, such important events require alot of attention. To other matters, I think you are spot on Browny, season is over, chuck Barny on the cup, drink piss for a week and we can all have an early one. Thats a fantastic statement to make 1/3 of the way through a year, Im sure most people are in agreeance with you there. :thumbsu:

Heard it was the young fella, Laracy from Barny. Anyone confirm or deny?

I believe it was young Laracy and the red heads are angry. Look for Franzy leading a heap of Sause Ballers on a man hunt. They will be out the front of sweet hearts dressed as teenage mutant ninja turtles. For those Franzy lovers out there, a bit of information for you. They actually designed the red headed guy from the board game 'guess who' after the great man.

No offence meant to young Lara, wish him a quick recovery:thumbsu:

VOTE 1 VOTE FRANZE:D

I believe it was young Laracy and the red heads are angry. Look for Franzy leading a heap of Sause Ballers on a man hunt. They will be out the front of sweet hearts dressed as teenage mutant ninja turtles. For those Franzy lovers out there, a bit of information for you. They actually designed the red headed guy from the board game 'guess who' after the great man.

No offence meant to young Lara, wish him a quick recovery:thumbsu:

VOTE 1 VOTE FRANZE:D

i WAS TOLD THAT FRANZY IS THE GINGER NINJA ON FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im pretty sure everyone is sick of hearing about Thurgoona, maybe they should go and make there own thread. Have your options we just don't want to hear about yous 24/7

done some research for you MTAG.You are correct there was someone drinking stubbies at that game-he was in fact a former player cleared this year to Rutherglen.Rutherglen had the bye so there is your culprit.Maybe Topcat the $200 a week you are paying him should be withheld until the end of the year so he has to survive on a pie and a coke like the rest of us.

Im pretty sure everyone is sick of hearing about Thurgoona, maybe they should go and make there own thread. Have your options we just don't want to hear about yous 24/7

Nobody mentioned Thurgoona newbie. They've been talking about Barny and Franzy (god knows why). Couple of tips for you though:

1. Probably best to that you don't speak for everyone in future as they are more than capable of speaking for themselves.
2. Use spell check.
3. Check that Thurgoona don't actually have their own thread before telling them to get one.

Hope this helps.

done some research for you MTAG.You are correct there was someone drinking stubbies at that game-he was in fact a former player cleared this year to Rutherglen.Rutherglen had the bye so there is your culprit.Maybe Topcat the $200 a week you are paying him should be withheld until the end of the year so he has to survive on a pie and a coke like the rest of us.

Thanks Switch, I will let CSI know you are pushing for a spot on the show! hehehe.
It didn't stop with Doddsy though, just for the record.
Anyway, off that little distracting issue, who is everyone tipping this week? keen to see who and by how much?
I will have a crack at it-
Barny to beat Saints by 39 points
Mitta to beat Tallangatta by 29 points
Thurgoona to beat Kiewa by 3 points
Rutherglen and Chiltern to draw
Yack to beat Beechworth by 60+

Nobody mentioned Thurgoona newbie. They've been talking about Barny and Franzy (god knows why). Couple of tips for you though:

1. Probably best to that you don't speak for everyone in future as they are more than capable of speaking for themselves.
2. Use spell check.
3. Check that Thurgoona don't actually have their own thread before telling them to get one.

Hope this helps.

And in the words of the late, great John Candy - go down to the timber yard and have a lumberjack chisel that chip off your shoulder.

Barnawatha def Wod 46 points
Mitta def Tallangatta 62 points
Kiewa def Thurgoona 14 points
Chiltern def Rutherglen 33 points
In the upset of the round Beech def Yack 2 points.

Thanks Switch, I will let CSI know you are pushing for a spot on the show! hehehe.
It didn't stop with Doddsy though, just for the record.
Anyway

I was actually at the game and doddsy was the only one that bought beer to the ground and he is now a cat , i can vouch for Barny and easily say that no one brings beer to the ground as we have been told to look after the other clubs and then they will look after us.

I know I started it, and have had back-up stories from other people and created a bit of a stir, but enough is enough. Can we stop the grog issue right here? I am sure we would all like to get back to footy talk, I apologise for raising the issue (seriously didn't think it would lead to an investigation!) it was not a cheap shot. If anything, just raising the awareness that it has taken place.
So in closing, Big Al, I cant wait to get to Barny on the 4th August and see a few great games of footy, and have a few froffies in the same room the Legendary Billy Brownless won you buggers $10,000.
Carn the Roos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back