Traded Tanner Bruhn [Traded to Geelong for #18]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit petty.

Sorry Fireplace GIF by South Park

Slow small midfielder that doesn't find much of the ball or use it very well.

What exactly is he going to put together?

I would accept it if he had something that stood out. Speed or skill or size. Has none of the above.

I think he will eek out a 150+ game career but never be much more than an average rotational mid. Maybe in the grand scheme of things that's not too bad for a pick 18.

Had a decent year until injury messed up his continuity. He does have some nice skills but the same issues that were evident at GWS remain - not quick and doesn't get it enough. Pick 18 was about right and he adds to the midfield rotations, with some time to improve.

Not many in the current team average more, fewer significantly.
But they are capable of playing other positions. Bruhn soaks up time in the midfield.

Just for neutrals here, Old Mate Warhorse is a notorious Bruhn-hater on our own board.
I call it how I see it. 10 disposals as a mid in a preliminary final is the difference between winning and losing in such a close game.

The mental gymnastics required to justify his spot in the team is pretty extreme. It's pretty cringeworthy some of the stuff written on our board every time he hits 15 disposals including:
  • nicknames like Bruhnlow
  • Comparisons to Chad Warner
  • extrapolation of stats for 100% game time
  • in the votes on our boards most valuable player

He is currently not AFL standard and proved that last night.

Minnow basher in the sense he is very weak over the ball. Any team with bigger midfielders just push him off like a rag doll. He also then struggles to win the ball too against the bigger midfielders

Next year they should move him out of the best 22 early on, give him a big pre season and get him to bulk up a bit more. He can still improve a ton from here so not over yet for the guy

Ideally for Geelong Jhye Clark takes his spot though because right now Bruhn sits as a decent home and away footballer and a terrible finals footballer

Minnow basher in the sense he is very weak over the ball. Any team with bigger midfielders just push him off like a rag doll. He also then struggles to win the ball too against the bigger midfielders

Next year they should move him out of the best 22 early on, give him a big pre season and get him to bulk up a bit more.

Ideally for Geelong Jhye Clark takes his spot though

Jhye Clark is smaller than Bruhn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and No. Bruhn main issue is he can’t tackle or stand over the ball in the contest. You can be a smaller individual but do these things better than someone else which I think Clark will do over another pre season

I disagree, Bruhn much stronger in this regard.

Which is probably an indictment on both.

I disagree, Bruhn much stronger in this regard.
He wasn’t last night. Brisbane players walked past him like he was a traffic cone Im afraid. It was a major issue at times. Not often I see a midfielder that physically dominated wearing a Geelong jumper

Bruhn will improve from here though so it ain’t over yet

He wasn’t last night. Brisbane players walked past him like he was a traffic cone Im afraid. It was a major issue at times.

Bruhn will improve from here though so it ain’t over yet

Brisbane broke plenty of tackles, they are a hardened squad in their prime.

We are not, and probably had no right to be in a prelim.

Stangely the one who stuck his tackles was the bloke in my avatar.

Brisbane broke plenty of tackles, they are a hardened squad in their prime.

We are not, and probably had no right to be in a prelim.

Stangely the one who stuck his tackles was the bloke in my avatar.
Bruhn was a main offender of that. If you want to be a prelim capable side then being rag dolled in the tackle is the number 1 thing to fix. In that vain I’d say the number 1 perpetrator of the issue last night may need to get it out of his game in the next 12 months

Bruhn was a main offender of that. If you want to be a prelim capable side then being rag dolled in the tackle is the number 1 thing to fix. In that vain I’d say the number 1 perpetrator of the issue last night may need to get it out of his game in the next 12 months
If he isn't getting his hands on the ball for a clearance he turns into a witches hat. Our other midfielders get cooked trying to cover his defensive deficiencies.

If he isn't getting his hands on the ball for a clearance he turns into a witches hat. Our other midfielders get cooked trying to cover his defensive deficiencies.
Sounds pretty much like Thomson Dow for the Tiges, except most fans want him gone. Unfortunately we had no-one to take his spot as they were all injured.

Next year they should move him out of the best 22 early on, give him a big pre season and get him to bulk up a bit more. He can still improve a ton from here so not over yet for the guy

Ideally for Geelong Jhye Clark takes his spot though because right now Bruhn sits as a decent home and away footballer and a terrible finals footballer

I feel like Jhye and Tanner are similar players.

I haven't been too impressed with Jhye at AFL level from his limited opportunities but he is only very young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tanner Bruhn [Traded to Geelong for #18]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back