Tasmanian Cricket Thread - 2006-07

Remove this Banner Ad

This weekend, the Intrastate Jamie Cox Plate series will be played at the NTCA Complex this weekend

Squads Are as Follows:

TCA SQUAD: Rhett Lockyear (Captain), Jason Shelton, Chris Free, Seb Wishart, Nathan Wegman, Robert Dilger, Wayne Quarrell, Josh Bean, Luke Swards, Chris Duval, Travis Prins, Chris Blake.

NWTCA SQUAD: Nick Granger (Captain), Andrew Leary (Vice Captain), Adam Smith, Chris Lindsay, Andrew Boon, Scott Mitchell, James Wescombe, Nathan Avery, Zane Littlejohn, Paul Dickson, Jarrod Willcox, Anthony Smith, Aaron McCall, David Kingston, Gary Miles

NTCA SQUAD: Jade Selby (Captain), Scott Kremerskothen, Shannon Tubb, Alex Doolan, Andy Belsak, John Lefevre, Liam Reynolds, Paul Bunton, Nic Glover, Nick Spencer, Tarl Hart, Michael Routledge, David Tueon, Scott Brewer, John Kedey, Tom Triffitt

TASMANIAN UNDER-19 STATE SQUAD: Matthew Wade (Captain), Brady Jones (Vice Captain), Scott Nichols, Jonathan Wells, Jack Philip, Jake Steele, Jeremy Smith, Tom Bevan, Alex Saunders, Rhys Owen, James Kelly, Toby West, James Faulkner.

Games for the series:

Saturday November 4 – NTCA v Tasmanian Under 19 at NTCA Number 1; TCA v NWTCA at NTCA Number 2
Sunday November 5 – NWTCA v Tasmanian Under 19 at NTCA Number 1; TCA v NTCA at NTCA Number 2
Monday November 6 – NTCA v NWTCA at NTCA Number 1
Sunday November 12 – TCA v Tasmanian Under 19 at Bellerive Oval
Sunday November 26 – 1st v 2nd at Bellerive, 3rd v 4th (Venue TBC)

And for those who were wondering why Kremerskothen, Tubb and Doolan are in the NTCA squad instead of the TCA, it's because it's an area of origin series (bit like Rugby League's State of Origin).

Just a passing comment on the TCA Squad - It looks a bit wafer thin in batting, but the bowling side is fairly strong.

Fixtures for this weekends Grade matches (remembering that the TCA play their grade cricket this weekend) ;)

TCA Round 3 (1st, 2nd, 3rd, Under 17)- One Day Matches - Saturday November 4
New Town v North Hobart (1st's @ New Town Oval, 2nds @ TCA Ground, 3rd at TCA on Sunday, Under 17's @ New Town on Sunday)
Kingborough v Glenorchy (1st's @ Kingston Beach, 2nd's @ KGV, 3rds @ Kingston Beach on Sunday, U/17's at Eady Street on Sunday)
University v Clarence (1st's @ University, 2nd's @ TCA Crossroads, 3rd's @ Ferguson Park on Sunday, Under 17's at University on Sunday)
Lindisfarne v Sth Hobart-Sandy Bay (1st's @ Anzac Park, 2nd's @ Anzac Park on Sunday, 3rd's @ Lindisfarne No 2 on Sunday, U/17's at North Warrane on Sunday)

TCA First Grade Ladder
SHSB - 16; Kingborough - 12; Glenorchy - 12; North Hobart - 6; Clarence - 6; Lindisfarne - 0; University - 0; New Town - 0

TCA Under 15's - Two Day Games - Sunday 5/12 November 2006
Clarence v Kingborough at Kangaroo Bay
Lindisfarne v New Town at Queens Walk
University v North Hobart at Olinda Grove
Sth Hobart-Sandy Bay v Glenorchy at Lower Queenborough

NTCA Second Grade - Rounds 3 and 4, One Day Matches, Saturday 4 and Monday 6 November
George Town v Launceston at Crothers Oval
Westbury Shamrocks v South Launceston at Gunns Oval
Riverside v Mowbray at Hyundai Park

NTCA Second Grade Round 4 - Monday 6 November
George Town v Westbury Shamrocks at Crothers Oval
Riverside v South Launceston at Hyundai Park
Launceston v Mowbray at NTCA Number 2

NTCA Third Grade - Round 3 - One Day Matches - Sunday 5 and Monday 6 November
Mowbray Gold v Riverside at Hyundai Park
Launceston Red v Westbury Shamrocks Gold at Gunns Oval
Launceston Green v Westbury Shamrocks Maroon at Gunns Oval (6/11)
Mowbray Maroon v George Town at Crothers Oval
South Launceston - Bye

Anyone on the coast know the schedule for seconds and third grade NWTCA Cricket this weekend? :confused:

Oh, and Tips for the TCA Firsts this weekend are - North Hobart (comfortably), Kingborough (in a good contest), Clarence (should win easliy) and Sth Hobart-Sandy Bay (to continue Lindisfarne's misery)
Current Score - 17 out of 26 :)

Barge said:
Was rumoured to be playing for Kettering pre season!

As I said to one of my many Margate sources today - Probably a good thing for the HCCA he didn't suit up for the "Crickets"!

Quite slippery from all reports!

On a side note - judburyjets - if you play for the Kingston Crows how come your username on here is "judburyjets"?!!

It is just an amusing name, so i chose it. And i also knew that there wouldn't be anyone else on here from the Judbury region that would want the username...

On the rumour about Swooper playing for the crickets, he never even considered playing down there, it was just the usual rubbish that people come up with in the off-season. He would be near unfaceable on synthetic, bowls at a very lively pace. He was actually heard saying during last season, being the modest man that he is, "If I was **** at cricket, I would play down here (Kettering)"..... He has played second XI for the last 2 or 3 years, and actually got the second most wickets in the CA Cup last season (I think), but will never get a gig for Tassie, he has a poor attitude, and I doubt he will even play too many more games for the second XI, considering the depth in the bowling stocks in Tas at the moment...

Also, the crows bounced back on the weekend with a good win over the arch enemies, Slab Road. After a terrible start to the season, looks like the crows could be on the rise again, with Louie Stevenson amongst the runs and wickets again...

I remember Luke Swards playing footy with your mob a few years ago - had a bit of a sook at times when things didn't go his way too!

What's the go with Brad Thomas - rumour was he was Captain/Coach of the Roadies on a small fortune but doesn't appear to have played for them yet?

What's the go with that? Is he going to play at all?

Margate going along nicely at the minute - your mate Jamie Knott bowling very well - and quick - from what my Mecca sources tell me!

Hampsters Glenny!

Hampsters!

the_insider said:
And for those who were wondering why Kremerskothen, Tubb and Doolan are in the NTCA squad instead of the TCA, it's because it's an area of origin series (bit like Rugby League's State of Origin).

How come Adam Smith isn't playing for the TCA then?

He's from Clarence originally isn't he?

Will Blackmans Bay Sharks get over Slab Road today in the HCCA?

Would have thought Thomas would play in last weeks game Vs the Crows, and then again today.

I remember Luke Swards playing footy with your mob a few years ago - had a bit of a sook at times when things didn't go his way too!

What's the go with Brad Thomas - rumour was he was Captain/Coach of the Roadies on a small fortune but doesn't appear to have played for them yet?

What's the go with that? Is he going to play at all?

Margate going along nicely at the minute - your mate Jamie Knott bowling very well - and quick - from what my Mecca sources tell me!

Hampsters Glenny!

Hampsters!
Yes, Swooper has played a lot of footy for Channel. He hasn't played the last couple of seasons due to being in England playing cricket. Word is he will not be going overseas next winter and will suit up for the Saints, a very handy inclusion... And yes, he doesn't mind having a little sook when things aren't going to plan. Haven't heard anything about Thomas, must be injured...
The Mecca are travelling quite well at the minute, and I ahve also heard that Knotty is sending them down with a bit of heat at the moment, but that is to be expected, he was a very good TCA bowler a couple of years back.

How about Snug then? They are on fire!!!

How come Adam Smith isn't playing for the TCA then?

He's from Clarence originally isn't he?

Well yes...but he has been in form with Ulverstone this year, scoring a couple of 40's. The TCA probably thought they had a strong squad and left him out anyway :S

And also with Smith as I don't know him well, which grade did he play with at Clarence, seconds or thirds...name just doesn't ring a bell with me?? :S

U19s got 270 today against the NWTCA..

Not sure how the chase is going..

Coast got routed!!

They finished at 9/152 off 50 overs after being 8/59.

Wescombe made 60*, Anthony Smith 30*.

A poor effort, which really sums up their weekend in a nutshell.

Anyone have scores on the Jamie Cox Plate

Great Idea for the under 19 to be playing

Saturday - State Under 19's 195 all out (Wade 78, Faulkner 52, Glover 4/27, Hart 2/50) def NTCA 101 all out (Belsak 32, Brewer 22, Smith 3/19, Faulkner 2/20)
Jeremy Smith had figures of 3/1 off 2 overs at one stage, the NTCA were 3/6

NWTCA 109 (Adam Smith 30, Shelton 4 wickets) lost to TCA 3/110 (Lockyear 60)
TCA got the runs in 16.5 overs, NWTCA were 1/50 at the 1st drinks break (17 overs)

Sunday - NTCA 6/274 (Le Fevre 94, Selby 69, Tubb 36, Brewer 23, Doolan 22) def TCA 185 (Quarrell 76*, Bunton 4/14, Glover 2/21, Tubb 2/45)
TCA were 4/33 at one stage, Quarrell gave the TCA a gilmour of hope, but just simply ran out of partners.

State Under 19's 8/275 (Wells 94) def NWTCA 9/152 (Wescombe 60, Anthony Smith 30, Smith 4 wickets)
NWTCA were 8/59 in another woeful batting display

And yesterday......
NWTCA 88 all out (Wescombe 24*, Selby 5/2, Hart 3/18, Routledge 2/18)
got thumped by NTCA 1/90 (Selby 47*, Le Fevre 40*)
Jade Selby got 4 wickets in the first 4 balls he bowled - dismissing Adam Smith LBW, Paul Dickson bowled, Anthony Smith LBW and Aaron McCall LBW. NWTCA had 5 batsman LBW and 3 bowled during their innings. NTCA lost Tubb for 0 on the 4th ball, but Le Fevre and Selby calmly steered their side to a total rout of the NWTCA!

Next Match: Sunday November 12 - State Under 19's v TCA at Bellerive

Well yes...but he has been in form with Ulverstone this year, scoring a couple of 40's. The TCA probably thought they had a strong squad and left him out anyway :S

And also with Smith as I don't know him well, which grade did he play with at Clarence, seconds or thirds...name just doesn't ring a bell with me?? :S

I know Adam quite well, he moved up there cause he works for the Advocate newspaper as a journalist. I think he played mostly (90%) of his cricket in the 2's and a few 1's games with Clarence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Adam quite well, he moved up there cause he works for the Advocate newspaper as a journalist. I think he played mostly (90%) of his cricket in the 2's and a few 1's games with Clarence.

Thought he was a barman..

He's a freak bat, and will possibly play 2nd XI this season should all go to plan.
He was unlucky at Clarence as he kept wickets and always had Clingleffer and Wayde ahead of him, and was a good top order bat, but as they bought the Tasmanian squad, he was unable to crack it for any long period.

Insider.. Have you seen him play?? I would have thought the name would ring a bell with you, being the "insider" and all..

He's a freak bat, and will possibly play 2nd XI this season should all go to plan.
He was unlucky at Clarence as he kept wickets and always had Clingleffer and Wayde ahead of him, and was a good top order bat, but as they bought the Tasmanian squad, he was unable to crack it for any long period.

Insider.. Have you seen him play?? I would have thought the name would ring a bell with you, being the "insider" and all..

He was working behind the bar at Monty's while he was at uni, studying Journalism...

The whole "Swooper playing for the Crickets" crap started when Banjo (his brother) told a Huon News rep that he would, to see how far the rumour would spread!

Not too sure on his attitude at TCA level but from all reports he rates himself alot higher than anyone in the HCCA does... Don't shoot the messenger..

Saw him on the weekend at the NTCA Ground, and didn't set the world on fire..mind you he had plenty of others that were very very poor!

This weekends games are:

TCA Round 4, 1st Grade, One Day Games, Saturday 11 November Clarence v Kingborough at Bellerive
New Town v Lindisfarne at New Town
University v Nth Hobart at University
Sth Hobart-Sandy Bay v Glenorchy at Queenborough

Clarence and Glenorchy looking to atone from their defeats last week, Kingborough wanting to continue their best start to the season for a number of year, Uni needing a win if they want finals action this year.
Plenty of interest in this round

My Tips: Clarence (in a tight match); North Hobart (should win); Glenorchy (by a few runs) and New Town (don't really care how much by)

Greater Northern Cup - Round 4 - Saturday 11th November
Wynyard (6th) v Launceston (1st) at Wynyard Showgrounds
Should be a firey contest, especially if one J Wilcox plays.....
Devonport (12th) v South Launceston (7th) at Devonport Oval
South must win to keep touch with the top 4
Burnie/Yeoman (10th) v Riverside (2nd) at Les Clark Oval
This match looks closer than what the ladder says, Burnie could upset Riverside here
George Town (9th) v Sheffield (11th) at Crothers Oval
Sheffield's best chance to register points here against an ailing Saints lineup
Westbury (4th) v Ulverstone (5th) at Gunns Oval
Interesting contest awaits - Win for Westbury will almost seal a top 4 spot
Latrobe (8th) v Mowbray (3rd) at Latrobe Rec Ground
The only result which looks a little one sided - Mowbray in too good a form to drop this and they should win easliy

Tips: Launceston, South L'ton, Burnie/Yeoman (in another upset), Sheffield, Westbury and Mowbray
Score: 20/30

Saw him on the weekend at the NTCA Ground, and didn't set the world on fire..mind you he had plenty of others that were very very poor!

How did he go against his former team-mate Nick Wegman? He bowls pretty quick from what I remember of him, surely there would have been a bit in that battle.

You play in the comp Insider?

How did he go against his former team-mate Nick Wegman? He bowls pretty quick from what I remember of him, surely there would have been a bit in that battle.

You play in the comp Insider?

I follow the comp closely, don't play, just follow..

Coastal side just failed to adapt really. The less said the better I think about the North West's efforts on the weekend!!

Northern scores

Mowbray 175 (Reid 34, Le Fevre 25, Wescombe 2/15, Parsons 2/37, Green 2/37, Bishop 2/26)

def

Latrobe 121 (Wescombe 43, Illingworth 3/18, W.Richardson, Reynolds, Burgess 2 each) John LeFevre 7 catches

-----------------------

Sheffield 5/182 (Spillane 50, Skirving 38*, King 35)

def

George Town 180 (Pooley 71, Nick Cashion 1/13 off 10, Crawford 3/37)

-----------------------

Devonport 4/195 (Andrew Boon 84*, Underwood 38, J.Young 3/39)

def

South Launceston 161 (McCoy 37, Nutting 26, Mitchell 4/23, Hays 4/24)

-----------------------

Ulverstone 8/172 (Howe 24*, Extras 51 inc 35wd, 11nb, Battle 4/37, Cripps 3/31)

def

Westbury 131 (Battle 33, S.Pearce 3/13)

-----------------------

Riverside 4/189 (Thitme 47, Mohr 44, Yates 2 wickets)

def

Burnie Yeoman 188 (B.Munday 63, Yates 52, Gibbins 3/37)

-----------------------

Launceston 8/241 (Clayton 71, Routledge 36 incld 4x6)

def

Wynyard 176 (Clayton 3/21, Faulkner, Routledge, Selby 2 each)

-----------------------

Remove this Banner Ad

Tasmanian Cricket Thread - 2006-07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back