Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barge said:
Who have ya's lost?

A reasonably good question!

From the Seniors I would imagine probably Jason Edwards and maybe Dean Clark, but after that not a terrible lot. Could see Jacko running around with your mob next year Barge.

Hamish Ogilivie has resigned as coach of the under 18s to take up a recruiting role with a melbourne based AFL club. You would think that his 2IC Nick Probert would take over the reigns here.
Brendan Bolton elected not to continue with his job as assistant with the devils. Wants to return to just playing footy with North.
It is believed that had one been appointed coach then they would have appointed the other as assistant. Pretty close and as both were overlokked they both took their bat and ball and went home.
Potentially very good move by Haggas as eventually he could get into list management of a club which can be rather lucrative.
With this it will be a complete clean out of the coaching positions at AFL TAS which could be a very good thing or could lead to a few lean years as a few loyal players may stay away. However I feel in the longer term the right decisions have been made. Haggas has been there long enough now and has had success so fair enough that he wishes to move on.
And Bolton.... well ill leave it at that!!

_13_ said:
On a completely irrelevant note.. I believe North Hobart is starting their pre-season training tonight at Cornelian Bay.. But I may be wrong.. We can rule North Hobart out as a club J. Kleeman would be willing to play for.. A let down for the Dee's..[/quote

I am thinking you could rule any PREMIER LEAGUE Club out for Kleeman

i have had talks with Kleeman abt where he is heading he is not willing to do the running in that comp so safe bet would be the Mont

GOT_TO_LIFT said:

i have had talks with Kleeman abt where he is heading he is not willing to do the running in that comp so safe bet would be the Mont

Well if what I heard Ben Atkin has in store for Claremont pre season - which starts next Monday November 6 - is anything to go by it could well sort young Kleeman out!

I may have to have a word with the young fella ....... if and when he comes to cricket training next!

Kleeman reminds me of me at the same age - Collingwood supporter, not keen on pre seasons ......

He could be my Son, Wilbur!

KLEEMAN ......... I AM YOUR FATHER! :p

On a more serious note - Where the f$@k is Kingpin?!

Ozguy said:
A reasonably good question!

From the Seniors I would imagine probably Jason Edwards and maybe Dean Clark, but after that not a terrible lot. Could see Jacko running around with your mob next year Barge.
Also i wouldnt expect Gavin Branch to return, he will b the only 1 we will miss. But you never know with Gav he may still run out

Hawk Lady said:
Also i wouldnt expect Gavin Branch to return, he will b the only 1 we will miss. But you never know with Gav he may still run out

Gav had apparently told one of the boys that he might go around again, so fingers crossed there.

Ozguy said:
Gav had apparently told one of the boys that he might go around again, so fingers crossed there.
You'll have to cross them hard i reckon! His heart wasn't in it this year, If we had a got Rainbird you would have got him for sure, because he would of had family support behind him then. As Rainbird is with gav's wifes sister. rainbird want's to much $$$$ though

Hawk Lady said:
Adrian Burdon to coach Central Hawks for the next 2 years! Adam Whitford, Hanlon 2 come as well.and big possiblity the ricky braslin will be burdon's assistant if he doesnt get reserves job at new norfolk. All good for the club.:thumbsu: Joker barwick has surposidly promised smith that he play there again but didnt sign Must want more money:thumbsdown:

Joker has signed at Brighton, along with Matty Wilson and Matty Martin

Belcher is also going to Brighton.

Rainbird never asked the Hawks for anything as far as I am aware. He certainly wasn't approached formally by the club. He is apparently under contract at New Norfolk anyway.

Ozguy said:

Rainbird never asked the Hawks for anything as far as I am aware. He certainly wasn't approached formally by the club. He is apparently under contract at New Norfolk anyway.
Not sure bout contract but i was talkin to rainbird and he said he would come up for $7000, I told him he not worth it! He reckoned webb had spoken to him before.

Hawk Lady said:
Not sure bout contract but i was talkin to rainbird and he said he would come up for $7000, I told him he not worth it! He reckoned webb had spoken to him before.

Webby was speaking to him at the dinner. If he asked for 7k he would be told to keep on walkin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOT_TO_LIFT said:
_13_ said:
On a completely irrelevant note.. I believe North Hobart is starting their pre-season training tonight at Cornelian Bay.. But I may be wrong.. We can rule North Hobart out as a club J. Kleeman would be willing to play for.. A let down for the Dee's..[/quote

I don't think Kleeman is to worried about the running aspect anymore he has changed his ways and has even been for a few runs with me over the past few weeks and is thinking about coming to Glenorchy and having a red hot dip at getting into good quality footy

Can anyone explain Burnie's slide down the ladder this year? What is the perception from the footballing community about the Burnie Dockers?

Ozguy said:

If what I am reading is correct the boys are leaving the valley at a steady rate What is going on at New Norfolk,does any one know who is actually left from last seasons team.

OLD LION said:
If what I am reading is correct the boys are leaving the valley at a steady rate What is going on at New Norfolk,does any one know who is actually left from last seasons team.

Roger Belcher is definately now staying on with the eagles. New Norfolk have lost Burdon, both Thompsons which have relocated to Qld, Barwick, Martin, Wilson and apparently Hanlon and Whitford which i cant be totally sure about. Salter is unsure between Nn and Brighton and is expected to make the decision soon. Jade Hodge is also in talkins with Brighton but i believe he ios just doin it for some attention.

JUst got off to the fone to Kleeman and he said he will not be playing for Glenorchy Yes he been for the Odd run but that is it but will not be playing there

GOODSOURCES said:
Roger Belcher is definately now staying on with the eagles. New Norfolk have lost Burdon, both Thompsons which have relocated to Qld, Barwick, Martin, Wilson and apparently Hanlon and Whitford which i cant be totally sure about. Salter is unsure between Nn and Brighton and is expected to make the decision soon. Jade Hodge is also in talkins with Brighton but i believe he ios just doin it for some attention.
Hodge could gain a lot of attention by trying out with the devils, as he has heaps of potential.and should be able to get regular games with them.and I have seen him play some terrific gamesfor N.N

With Nathan going to Brighton I would put good money on Roger going with him.

On a side note, the Hawks are going to be majorly behind fitness wise again this season.

The Channel Saints sure do start tonight under Owen "Bullfrog" Johnstone down at Snug Park. Dont think tonight will be to tough from the people I have been speaking to. 14 Brand new Sherrins for the first session so sounds like plenty of drills.
New recruits Steve "Chubbs" Goldsmith and PJ Stanley will be in attendance.

adak said:
Can anyone explain Burnie's slide down the ladder this year? What is the perception from the footballing community about the Burnie Dockers?
Burnie lost A.Hering, A.Bester, C.Brown, B.Hayes, T.Brown, J.Ling, N.White, B.Britton, B.Wilson, B.Porter, B.Archer(1/2 a year), from 2005 Premiership side. Fair turnover really then you add in the ones that went at the end of 2004 aswell like E.Bourn, N.Probert, S.Matheson, Andy Lee, Jack Wells left at the end of 2005.
All have different reasons for leaving but a club that turns over that many senior footballers are bound to slide at some stage.

Just wondering about "Ollie" DeVenuto. He was a good junior footballer in QLD last I saw him. Is anyone able to enlighten me on how he's going in Tas.?

GOODSOURCES said:
You can be sure that Adam Whitford is coming up to play with the hawks, No doubt bout that! Also Hanlon has told officials if he decides to play next year it will be with the hawks. You would think with salter that he would follow belch and barwick as i think salts goes out with belcher sister and barwick girlfriend and his r very good friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back