Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Blue said:
The Channel Saints sure do start tonight under Owen "Bullfrog" Johnstone down at Snug Park. Dont think tonight will be to tough from the people I have been speaking to. 14 Brand new Sherrins for the first session so sounds like plenty of drills.
New recruits Steve "Chubbs" Goldsmith and PJ Stanley will be in attendance.

Yes Can't wait i will soon head down the Channel Hwy to snug Park just Packed my footy bag

Ozguy said:
With Nathan going to Brighton I would put good money on Roger going with him.

On a side note, the Hawks are going to be majorly behind fitness wise again this season.
Good to see you have confidence in the hawks Ozguy!:mad:

KLEEMAN WILL PLAY AT CLAREMONT NEXT YEAR!!!!

I am pleased to say i met the bloke for the first time on sat nite!(and what an experience)
He re-assured me he will be playing at the mont next year, if he doesnt pursue his singing career that is.
after a daziling rendition of "Girls,Girls,Girls"on sat nite at monty's he seemed to think his future may lay in the music industry!!
But with this years series of Australian Idol winding down i would persume he would be at least starting the year at Claremont.

Hawk Lady said:
Good to see you have confidence in the hawks Ozguy!:mad:

Saw it last year, and can see it happening again. 2 of the sides below us are even going to have a months edge on the training track this year. If the decision is made to wait until december again, then it is ridiculous. It has to be in the period of 21st-23rd November at the latest.

Two Blue said:
The Channel Saints sure do start tonight under Owen "Bullfrog" Johnstone down at Snug Park. Dont think tonight will be to tough from the people I have been speaking to. 14 Brand new Sherrins for the first session so sounds like plenty of drills.
New recruits Steve "Chubbs" Goldsmith and PJ Stanley will be in attendance.
We did start last night. It wasn't too strenuous, plenty of new drills which took the boys a while to get used to. Was a great turn-out, about 32 blokes which is more than we were getting some nights during last season.... Looks like being an interesting pre-season, plenty of boxing, etc. Met a bloke named Steve which i assume is 'Chubbs', a short stocky bloke that works with Owen. Didn't see PJ there... Things are looking up down the Channel...

Also, was great to have so many new cherries there, hopefully they do not mysteriously disappear...

Ozguy said:
Saw it last year, and can see it happening again. 2 of the sides below us are even going to have a months edge on the training track this year. If the decision is made to wait until december again, then it is ridiculous. It has to be in the period of 21st-23rd November at the latest.
I thought training actually started in November from what i was told! I know a few of the boys have already started!

Reported in the Examiner today that two of Devenports best young players Trent Mccrossin and Darren Banham are moving to Ulverstone. Will really strengthen Ulverstone, but with the movement away from Devenport of a few players (i think a few of their younger players fronm the unders and 2's are going to East) will mean they may not improve again. Will help Launceston in their effort of going back to back. Launceston have lost no one yet (might lose a youngster in the draft) but have picked up Thomas Bellchambers from North which will make them immediately stronger.

Hawk Lady said:
I thought training actually started in November from what i was told! I know a few of the boys have already started!

A few are training individually from what I have heard. A decision on the start date wont be made until the 18th. At least one person is pushing for a December start.

The Big H said:
Reported in the Examiner today that two of Devenports best young players Trent Mccrossin and Darren Banham are moving to Ulverstone. Will really strengthen Ulverstone, but with the movement away from Devenport of a few players (i think a few of their younger players fronm the unders and 2's are going to East) will mean they may not improve again. Will help Launceston in their effort of going back to back. Launceston have lost no one yet (might lose a youngster in the draft) but have picked up Thomas Bellchambers from North which will make them immediately stronger.
I saw the season opener between Devonport and East while on my end-of-season cricket trip this year, Banham impressed me a lot. Kicked a few, then broke his leg if i remember correctly. Was absolutely carving them up, although in saying that, the East side was appalling...

judburyjets said:
I saw the season opener between Devonport and East while on my end-of-season cricket trip this year, Banham impressed me a lot. Kicked a few, then broke his leg if i remember correctly. Was absolutely carving them up, although in saying that, the East side was appalling...

An arm i think he broke about the mid point of hte year, but still kicked just under 40 for the season i think. McCrossen won the Devenport B and F in 2005.

The Big H said:
An arm i think he broke about the mid point of hte year, but still kicked just under 40 for the season i think. McCrossen won the Devenport B and F in 2005.

Sounds like a couple of big losses for the Port boys then. I can remember he was wearing very flashy boots (might have ben yellow or red?)...

mr incredibe said:
KLEEMAN WILL PLAY AT CLAREMONT NEXT YEAR!!!!

I am pleased to say i met the bloke for the first time on sat nite!(and what an experience)
He re-assured me he will be playing at the mont next year, if he doesnt pursue his singing career that is.
after a daziling rendition of "Girls,Girls,Girls"on sat nite at monty's he seemed to think his future may lay in the music industry!!
But with this years series of Australian Idol winding down i would persume he would be at least starting the year at Claremont.

Quite a good Rendition of it i might add hahahah

All th changes at AFL Tas seem to be in the coaching area ,I wonder if any of the administration staff will be reviewed? Reviews should be top down to be any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OLD LION said:
All th changes at AFL Tas seem to be in the coaching area ,I wonder if any of the administration staff will be reviewed? Reviews should be top down to be any good.

Dont be silly. That would mean some people would have to give up their cushy over paid jobs. No! No! No!

Ozguy said:

Starting this early in pre season is only an advantage if the majority of players actually attend!

Claremont started about this stage last year Ozguy, but you'd have to agree fitness was not a strong point of the Claremont sides in 2006.

Hopefully a thing of the past!

judburyjets said:

Judbury - East Devonport have been rotten since they last made the GF in 1998!!

I don't think they have been anywhere near the top 5 since their last GF appearence!

We're you expecting Easts to be competitive?? :eek:

Barge said:
Starting this early in pre season is only an advantage if the majority of players actually attend!

Claremont started about this stage last year Ozguy, but you'd have to agree fitness was not a strong point of the Claremont sides in 2006.
Hopefully a thing of the past!

Exactly right! It hard to get all the boys on the track at this time of year, alot of them my be playing cricket. and have there training and games for that

the_insider said:
Judbury - East Devonport have been rotten since they last made the GF in 1998!!

I don't think they have been anywhere near the top 5 since their last GF appearence!

We're you expecting Easts to be competitive?? :eek:

Being a southerner, I don't really follow the NTFL that closely. Our accommodation was about a ten min walk metres from the ground (Devonport) so we went along for a look. East were terrible....

Two Blue said:
Burnie lost A.Hering, A.Bester, C.Brown, B.Hayes, T.Brown, J.Ling, N.White, B.Britton, B.Wilson, B.Porter, B.Archer(1/2 a year), from 2005 Premiership side. Fair turnover really then you add in the ones that went at the end of 2004 aswell like E.Bourn, N.Probert, S.Matheson, Andy Lee, Jack Wells left at the end of 2005.
All have different reasons for leaving but a club that turns over that many senior footballers are bound to slide at some stage.

The loss of the best water boy in the state would have destroyed the confidence of the players left no doubt as it left a huge hole in the water quality down at west park :)

South Launceston full forward Chris "Bobby" Page is apparently being chased by Bridgenorth, while South are after Rocherlea full forward Dave Wickham and also former Devil and Mariner Ryan Innes could be making a comeback with South

Heard a whisper in regards to Innes being linked to North Hobart. I think he won a B & F there. Would be a massive pick up where ever he plays
It would be good for north hobart, as they were very ordinary last season, but injuries did hamper them
a bit lets hope they can pick up a few more and then they may improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back