Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aker's was at training Tuesday night, seems pretty keen to stay put at Sorell.
Despite what you guys have just said about Fabian, he has fitted in well at Sorell and is pretty well liked despite his reputation. I only met him last season and was suprised, he is actually a top bloke imo.
i don't mind Fabian as a bloke either, but that is not what we are talking about. I get along well with him now when i see him, I just don't like his lack of loyalty.

More NTFL news- Adam Flannery has left Devonport to play at Forth as an assistant coach. Another disappointing loss for Devonport, could this see them slide in 2007?

Travis Brown (ex Burnie premiership playerwho played at the Two blues this year) is set to sign with Launceston, another boost to the Blues!

Headland from South Launnie has signed with Bridgenorth. Not suprising after he fell out with the club last year and was removed as captain.

Is Justin "Joey" Cotton staying on next year !? It will be interesting to know on where he goes...or goes at all !?
As reported in the wbfl threads Ashleigh Brown has signed on as Non-playing coach of West Gambier and has stated is looking to atleast 8 "possibles" recruits from the Apple Isle & Melbourne, and Cotton was playing under Brown when he coached in the wbfl previously in 05'.

Joey is definatly at Penguin for 2007. He will be an assistant coach of the side.
And will be taking training next Wednesday along with under 19's coach Ben Hayes.

Should be interesting to see how Dosa go next year under Allen/Simsy... I forsee a lot of front runners. I played with Simsy and Fabian at Friends' too. Didn't really know them all that well, but somebody still needed to remind them that there is no I in team...

Forsee alot of front runners?

Ha, they've always been front runners!

Allan Matthews has apparently joined the club too as Bench Coach.

Willl be interesting to see how Simms fits in, especially considering how much one playing life member used to "hate his guts" - quote unquote!

Know who I mean Wilbur?!

Wonder if also the fact Sims is getting paid will cause much trouble up at Cadburys given that he will be far from the best player in the side?!?!

Elsewhere, if not busy when New Norfolk play Brighton next year make sure ya's get along as word on the street is it will be more than willing!

Won't be for the faint at heart!

Another club-hopping identity changer deserting the Liarns. Good riddance!

PS: That Norfik v Brighton match sounds like it could be fun, might have to arrange a visit Boyer next season for a bo-peep at all the hijinx!!

Forsee alot of front runners?

Ha, they've always been front runners!

Willl be interesting to see how Simms fits in, especially considering how much one playing life member used to "hate his guts" - quote unquote!

Know who I mean Wilbur?!

Wonder if also the fact Sims is getting paid will cause much trouble up at Cadburys given that he will be far from the best player in the side?!?!
!

Know exactly who you mean Barge. His main concern is probably the fact that Simms is just another front runner who might take his spot in the team!

Pick 13 - Jack Riewoldt (Richmond)

oh GOD DAMN IT TO HELL
From what i have seen of young Riewoldt , he is one of the best to be drafted from here in recent times as a Key position player. He was v/good at the devils, and looked good during the S F L finals, Richmond seemed quite happy with him.I hope he, and the other draftees from Tassie all do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously haven't seen the 200+ post thread of whinging about 'wasting their pick' on the Richmond board then. :eek:

The only bloke you have to listen to is Greg Miller and he said that they were surprised he was still available at pick 13 and were going to use there pick 8 on him if they had not traded it for Polak.

You obviously haven't seen the 200+ post thread of whinging about 'wasting their pick' on the Richmond board then. :eek:
THAT JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT THE SUPPORTERS THINK THEY KNOW MORE THAN THEIR BOARD, Time will tell who are the best judges of young players,and who was right.RICHMOND have a recent history of instability, hopefully this will change and they will become a POWER once again.

THAT JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT THE SUPPORTERS THINK THEY KNOW MORE THAN THEIR BOARD, Time will tell who are the best judges of young players,and who was right.RICHMOND have a recent history of instability, hopefully this will change and they will become a POWER once again.

Jack will be a gun.

And how many of those losers have seen Jack play. They've got no idea.

Well mate just reading over some of the old comments you posted on here in regard to Colin Garland and how he is NO chance of getting drafted and that you would be proven right at Draft Time??????? well I think Garlands going to enjoy his new life at the Dees and has proven that he is worth a punt dont you think??? :D

Well mate just reading over some of the old comments you posted on here in regard to Colin Garland and how he is NO chance of getting drafted and that you would be proven right at Draft Time??????? well I think Garlands going to enjoy his new life at the Dees and has proven that he is worth a punt dont you think??? :D

Im eating humble pie at the moment mate. I was completely wrong about garland. He really blossomed at the end of the year. Well done to him and has gone 2 a great club with Nev already their :thumbsu:

The main story from draft day is the fact that Jarrod Kleeman wasn't picked up at all, let alone passed over for Pick #1!

Wilbur35, know exactly what you mean although the dislike from the player in question towards Sims stems from back in the early 1990's!

In an interesting weekend development, one SFL Captain is in a bad way after "glassing" a player from a different SFL club in the face.

Whilst the recipient of the glass in the face isn't real flash, apparently the offender has come off worse, suffering significant cuts to his hand and arm and some tendon damage!

Southern Cross Claimed Ricky Petterd as a tasmanian Was born here and later moved to QLD mates with his cousin. Petterd old man is Wayne Petterd former hobart Champion

Born in 1988, so would've at least spent his first 9 years in Hobart.
Wayne Petterd played for the Hobart Tigers between 1978-1991 and was a Premiership player at Hobart in 1980 and 1990 and part of the 1980 Winfield Statewide Cup premiership team for the Tigers.
I was there for his last game in the 1991 TFL Elimination Final against the old Burnie Hawks at Devonport Oval which Hobart lost by 44-points.

Played country football for a brief time before taking on the job of coaching Hobart in mid-1993 after Greg Lane resigned.
He spent three & a bit unsuccessful seasons as coach before resigning midway through 1996 after a dreadful loss to Launceston at the TCA Ground.

I think he went to play for or coach Lindisfarne after that for a season, then headed off to Queensland the following year.
I vaguely remember Ricky, he would've only been a kid when his old man was at Hobart but yeah.

Ricky was signed from Broadbeach apparently.

Family friends of mine recently stayed with the family of former Hobart player from a couple of years ago, Justin Capaldi on the Gold Coast.
Far out he's filled out a lot from when he used to play for Hobart, having a year off from footy at the moment awaiting a knee op!

Southern Cross Claimed Ricky Petterd as a tasmanian Was born here and later moved to QLD mates with his cousin. Petterd old man is Wayne Petterd former hobart Champion

The Advocate tried to claim Colin Garland as a Wynyard junior too!

But that's expected of the media, if they walked in Tas, they'll claim them as their own, Nothing's changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back