Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Petterd played for the Hobart Tigers between 1978-1991 and was a Premiership player at Hobart in 1980 and 1990 and part of the 1980 Winfield Statewide Cup premiership team for the Tigers.
I was there for his last game in the 1991 TFL Elimination Final against the old Burnie Hawks at Devonport Oval which Hobart lost by 44-points.

Played country football for a brief time before taking on the job of coaching Hobart in mid-1993 after Greg Lane resigned.
He spent three & a bit unsuccessful seasons as coach before resigning midway through 1996 after a dreadful loss to Launceston at the TCA Ground.

I think he went to play for or coach Lindisfarne after that for a season, then headed off to Queensland the following year.
I vaguely remember Ricky, he would've only been a kid when his old man was at Hobart but yeah.

Ricky was signed from Broadbeach apparently.

Wayne's daughter and obv Rickys sister is married to Clarence P'ship player Trent Whitelaw... good blood lines there

Colin only moved to Hobart from Wynyard to be part of the "program" pretty recently didn't he?

Most likely, I don't really follow the player movements that much!

The thing that annoys me about the media is that they try and claim them as their own. Like Nick Riewoldt for instance, the media claimed him as a Tasmanian when he played at Southport before he was drafted.

There's a AFL List that will come out, and where it will say clubs, it'll probably show Tas Mariners/North Hobart for Garland ;)

None of this Wynyard junior crap!

Garland Attended Newtown High from Year 7 Onwards. I know because i was his peer support Leader. Has been playing at North Hobart Since U/13? So no he didn't move down to become part of the system and is a legitimate hobartian.

Garland Attended Newtown High from Year 7 Onwards. I know because i was his peer support Leader. Has been playing at North Hobart Since U/13? So no he didn't move down to become part of the system and is a legitimate hobartian.

No probs. Has happened to quite a few others recently, and is why Devils missed out on some good Northerners like Derbyshire.

On another note for us Northerners, Luke Crane, former G'Town boy has just won his third successive B and F with the Zilmere Eagles in the QAFL. Eagles were runners up this year as well. Only his size keeping him of an AFL list i reckon.

I Even belive he attent moonah Primary school for a few years as well

There's a AFL List that will come out, and where it will say clubs, it'll probably show Tas Mariners/North Hobart for Garland ;)

None of this Wynyard junior crap!

In some of the old AFL list handbooks, they used to list Paul Hudson as being drafted from Glenorchy! :eek:
Even though he never played a game for the Magpies in his life, I think he might've played his very early junior days with them, but played underage football for Hobart then debuted as a 15-year old in the seniors for Hobart at Queenborough in April 1986.
On the other side of the coin, Alatair Lynch originally trialled at Queenstown, was discarded then played for Wynyard before playing TFL with Hobart, and was always listed as being only from Hobart in his prevoius club listing. :)

Heard a whisper about Goodwin tossing it in last week sometime, my source said it had something to do with the Geappens, not sure what he meant, but anyway...

In some of the old AFL list handbooks, they used to list Paul Hudson as being drafted from Glenorchy! :eek:
Even though he never played a game for the Magpies in his life, I think he might've played his very early junior days with them, but played underage football for Hobart then debuted as a 15-year old in the seniors for Hobart at Queenborough in April 1986.
On the other side of the coin, Alatair Lynch originally trialled at Queenstown, was discarded then played for Wynyard before playing TFL with Hobart, and was always listed as being only from Hobart in his prevoius club listing. :)

Heard a whisper about Goodwin tossing it in last week sometime, my source said it had something to do with the Geappens, not sure what he meant, but anyway...
Geappen,Walker,and Bolton were rumoured to be going to Kingborough prior to signing with North Hobart. I was told this several weeks ago, by aKingborough player.They will now have to look elseware. This should make some clubs nervous. as they will be headhunting a new coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geappen,Walker,and Bolton were rumoured to be going to Kingborough prior to signing with North Hobart. I was told this several weeks ago, by aKingborough player.They will now have to look elseware. This should make some clubs nervous. as they will be headhunting a new coach.

I would have thought that with the non availability of coaches at this time of year, given that most clubs are in pre-season, would make kingborough nervous more then anyone. Can be very upsetting to a sides training to not have a coach at this time of year. If they don't sign someone before christmas i would be looking for players to jump ship.

would have thought that with the non availability of coaches at this time of year, given that most clubs are in pre-season, would make kingborough nervous more then anyone. Can be very upsetting to a sides training to not have a coach at this time of year. If they don't sign someone before christmas i would be looking for players to jump ship

Cameron Blight has just quit as Smithton coach in the NTFL and intends to return to Hobart. Being a former Kingston player id like to put my money on him coaching the Tigers.

More NTFL news- Adam Flannery has left Devonport to play at Forth as an assistant coach. Another disappointing loss for Devonport, could this see them slide in 2007?
Big H - how many have now left Devonport? it would seem that maybe a change in the coach would have kept most of the players leaving and freshened the group up to have another crack at that elusive flag they dont seem to be able to get their hands on....

I just get annoyed with the Advocate dribble from Messrs Tapp and Smith, that's all ;)

More NTFL news- Adam Flannery has left Devonport to play at Forth as an assistant coach. Another disappointing loss for Devonport, could this see them slide in 2007?
Big H - how many have now left Devonport? it would seem that maybe a change in the coach would have kept most of the players leaving and freshened the group up to have another crack at that elusive flag they dont seem to be able to get their hands on....

Not so much how many have left Devonport, but the quality of players they have lost. Perry has taken this group from the unders in the old statewide league until now, so it could be a bit like Pagan at Nth Melbourne. The list could be a bit tired of the same voice.

Not so much how many have left Devonport, but the quality of players they have lost. Perry has taken this group from the unders in the old statewide league until now, so it could be a bit like Pagan at Nth Melbourne. The list could be a bit tired of the same voice.

Lets be honest Adam Flannery is no big loss. All his goals were kicked against sides outside the five he is nothing special. I would think Devonport wouldnt be to worried to lose him as he has never been able to perform on the Big Stage.

I think Devonport will be fine. McCrossen and Banham are massive losses but i think this will give opportunities to other guys on the list to make an impact at senior level.

Heard a whisper Burnie is again on struggle street player wise with only two players turning up to training on Friday and eight turning up on the Wednesday for there first run. Has anyone heard how other clubs numbers are going?

Cameron Blight has just quit as Smithton coach in the NTFL and intends to return to Hobart. Being a former Kingston player id like to put my money on him coaching the Tigers.

YES me too but the PREz may be looking for a bigger NAmE

Heard a whisper Burnie is again on struggle street player wise with only two players turning up to training on Friday and eight turning up on the Wednesday for there first run. Has anyone heard how other clubs numbers are going?

The Examiner reported that a few of the ex Burnie players who went to Penguin are looking at going back. Keogh was an interesting signing though, as he was very unpopular with many at North, and was the reason they had an exodus of players a couple of years ago.

Was that in todays Examiner Big H? I can tell you that Ben Hayes and Travis Brown are definatly not going back. Doubt Jason Ling will go back. Elijah Taylor who has always played with Penguin has allegadly signed with Burnie

Was that in todays Examiner Big H? I can tell you that Ben Hayes and Travis Brown are definatly not going back. Doubt Jason Ling will go back. Elijah Taylor who has always played with Penguin has allegadly signed with Burnie
i heard hayes has been offered u/19's at penguin and brown is deciding between devonport and launceston. You would have thought that penguin could have learnt from burnies previous mistake and signed bourn back to be coach!!! i do have to agree though that i heard from a source ( dockers player) that only 7 have been at training. im sure things will pick up......... not that i hope they do

i have to agree..... im sure they will miss flannerys 5 or six majors against poor opposition. not to sure about blokes not finding motivation with a stale coach. if you loose three grand finals in a row, you would think that would be enough motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back