Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard if Sean Salter is at Brighton or Kermandie? He apparently took the sign on fee from Brighton didn't sign and went to Kermandie.
Any news on Sorell or Dodges? Both have been quiet, very unusual.

It would be reasonable to suggest he has a legal verbal contract to play at Brighton if what you are saying is correct. A legal battle is sure to follow, and let us just wait and see, the outcome.

It would be reasonable to suggest he has a legal verbal contract to play at Brighton if what you are saying is correct. A legal battle is sure to follow, and let us just wait and see, the outcome.
I now have it from a good source he has not been seen down Kermandie way and is not likely to be.
While on the subject of Kermandie, they have lost a couple of local boys that were rated in thier top 5 so that will hurt them badly. However Shane Thompson has been persuaded to continue as reserves coach and is keen to get back to the glory days of being a high flying full forward. He feels he has been misused at fullback in recent times and has been seen taking hangers over his young fella on the front lawn.

I hear Huonville have been searching for a reserves coach. Club stalwarts Scott Wilcox and Peter Wallace have been approached to be dual playing coaches. Due to their ages they have said they could take turns and play/coach every second week. On the off weeks they want free drinks over the bar and a blanket to keep their legs warm.

Has anyone heard if Sean Salter is at Brighton or Kermandie? He apparently took the sign on fee from Brighton didn't sign and went to Kermandie.
Any news on Sorell or Dodges? Both have been quiet, very unusual.

This kind of talk really shows that you people have your fingers on the pulse. Your source for that piece of info was a good one.:thumbsdown:

Salts has been training at brighton since christmas.

Who will be the stars for Hobart this year?
Cassidy the redheaded ruckman from Lindisfarne looks the goods, Unsworth from Kingston will be a great addition to the forward line and the Goodsell brothers, with Luke looking like the probable senior's CHB. All talls which will complement all the running little men they had last year. Exciting times for the Lions.

Cassidy the redheaded ruckman from Lindisfarne looks the goods, Unsworth from Kingston will be a great addition to the forward line and the Goodsell brothers, with Luke looking like the probable senior's CHB. All talls which will complement all the running little men they had last year. Exciting times for the Lions.

Shaun Goodsell has turned into a hack who has 2 bad shoulders.

Luke is a very talented player and a nice guy. But his legs are still suspect.

After what Cass did to Lauderdale, I wouldn't have him at a club. Talented yes, other attributes not so much.

Unfortunately the 3 of them are a package deal. All or none is the ultimatum given to clubs.

Shaun Goodsell has turned into a hack who has 2 bad shoulders.

Luke is a very talented player and a nice guy. But his legs are still suspect.

After what Cass did to Lauderdale, I wouldn't have him at a club. Talented yes, other attributes not so much.

Unfortunately the 3 of them are a package deal. All or none is the ultimatum given to clubs.

Shaun hasnt been spotted as yet. dont think he is intending to play this year. Luke and Cass will be very good inclusions to the side, Luke at CHB and Cass at fullforward changing in the ruck. Both backlines and forwardlines will be hugely boosted as Luke will have banger harvey, Youd and Mcmanus who can all take a tall down back and up forward Cass will have Unsworth, Dykes (Both returning to the club), young Trent Nichols and smalls in Charlesworth and Reeves. Put this with a talented onball division of Lemm, Di-lenno, Beck, Sullivan and Gray and the side is starting to have alot more depth and potency about it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kind of talk really shows that you people have your fingers on the pulse. Your source for that piece of info was a good one.:thumbsdown:

Salts has been training at brighton since christmas.
So you seem to know a bit. Whats the go with the Honey boys.

Don't worry about these twits like The Lion and monna, ere's the low down from someone with IMPECCABLE SOURCES. Someone like the Bargester!

Shaun Goodsell has had f....d shoulders for 10 years! Even before he went to the ODFA!

Wouldn't have even got a game with Hobart seniors this year for mine, didn't really do that much for Lindisfarne the last few years, but had lost a heap of weight and appeared to have given himself the best possible chance. Has according to my very reliable source, he has completely lost interest!

It happens when you get to our age doesn't it, Wilbur35?!

Don't worry, the other two Brothers will be very handy acquisitions!

Happened to be loitering around the Brighton FC vicinity today and discovered that they had a intra club praccy game last night at which gun youngster Ryan Delaney suffered a knee injur which will require a reconstruction!

Heard during the week that Rick Honey has been appointed Assistant Coach at Brighton for 2007.

I spoke to Matthew Honey the week before Christmas and he said he was intending to play with DOSA this year.

Was perusing some lists of Brighton's best performances on the track over the pre-season and Sean Salter's name was not on any of them.

I'd say that's more likely due to him not having trained too many times than he not playing with the scumbags this year.

On said lists Coach Alex Gilmour seems to be setting an excellent example. Lead them home in a 3.2km time trial and for a 60 second push up session the boy did an impressive 75!

But Wilbur35, still falls short of my record down at Glenorchy all those years ago of 193!

In regards to Josh Bailey after a pay issue with glenorchy, a club offical told me he was happy to stay now. Coaches and the board were happy to come to his needs, was spotted at training during the week

was down enjoying the weather on kingston beach and noticed the kingborgh tigers in training. not many numbers on the track and have heard they are struggling.. only a couple of months out from round 1, they may have a new coach but the commitee from last year have to take FULL responsibility for what is happening.. a good old club is going down the drain due to mis- mangement:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

It happens when you get to our age doesn't it, Wilbur35?!

On said lists Coach Alex Gilmour seems to be setting an excellent example. Lead them home in a 3.2km time trial and for a 60 second push up session the boy did an impressive 75!

But Wilbur35, still falls short of my record down at Glenorchy all those years ago of 193!

193?? You wouldn't have done that many over your entire time at Glenorchy....unless you are talking pies and savs? :D

was down enjoying the weather on kingston beach and noticed the kingborgh tigers in training. not many numbers on the track and have heard they are struggling.. only a couple of months out from round 1, they may have a new coach but the commitee from last year have to take FULL responsibility for what is happening.. a good old club is going down the drain due to mis- mangement:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Agree wholeheartedly.. The committee have sold the club into a massive failure due to their total lack of competance and lack of ability to effectively manage a sporting club.
I would hope that they don't fail like I think they will, but unfortunately, the writing is on the wall for the Tigers, and it ain't lookin pretty!!

But Wilbur35, still falls short of my record down at Glenorchy all those years ago of 193![/quote]

I reckon he meant 19.3 pushups (typo error) (and spend a week in hospital on a IV drip)

There was an article in the paper a couple days ago of another footy adminstrator pilfering money from a junior footy club up north. Wonder if he was inspired by our great "stickyfingered" past adminstrator of SFL

Agree wholeheartedly.. The committee have sold the club into a massive failure due to their total lack of competance and lack of ability to effectively manage a sporting club.
I would hope that they don't fail like I think they will, but unfortunately, the writing is on the wall for the Tigers, and it ain't lookin pretty!!

How long have they got before the whole thing tips over?
I wouldn't think the SFL would let them keel over, another club maybe, but not Kingborough.
The thing that really pisses me off with the whole thing is, that both Kingborough AND Hobart could've been flying as football clubs if they used a bit of bloody common sense rather than reacting like a pack of inbreded ******s.
Hobart lied to their members and supporters and were pissweak on the whole issue of identity, and Kingborough were so pig-headed, arrogant and stupifyingly stubborn that neither club will ever reach the excellence they should've been able to attain.
Both clubs could've sat down together and decided on a joint move to align with Richmond, both clubs have great Tiger traditions, they could've brought players down, ran clinics, held meet the player nights, and had children's days.
They could've shared them, one event at the TCA, the next one at Kingston Beach - it would've been beneficial to both clubs to retain their identity and not alienate their supporters.
It would've given Richmond a bigger profile in the South especially and would've shown that two clubs could've worked together to solve a difficult issue that doesn't just disappear because one is soft and changes emblems, jumpers and colours.
Both clubs could be known as the Tigers, both clubs could wear alternate uniforms where required, and the issue of alienating supporters is removed. Richmond could've provided those jumpers.

Imagine when the sides would've played each other, how well it could've been promoted - no good of bothering with it now, there aren't any Tiger-blooded Hobart supporters left at the club, might as well call the 'Rumble In The Jungle' the 'Who Cares Cup'.

But that would be too much like common sense wouldn't it? I thought so :(

I have no sympathy for stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back