Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the game Kingpin, good crowd there too, about 1000 there I think is was. Mostly Devonport supporters.
Sort of wonder whether or not maybe other leagues could adopt the NTFL's approach on Easter/Anzac Day/Public Holiday matches? Worth a gamble IMO...
Yeah looked to be a decent turnout from the little bit I saw on the telly, sad to say it, but the future doesn't look all that bright for East Devo.
Hopefully they can turn it around.

I remember in the TFL days Hobart and North Hobart used to play on Anzac Day which used to get good crowds.
The first match was in 1991, and 2,224 rolled in to see North win by 38-points, the last one was in 1996 where about 1,300 saw Hobart win a terrible game of footy that would've been a chanceless 0-0 draw if it was soccer.
I think from memory North Hobart played Lauderdale back in 2001 on Anzac Day, only about 300 rolled up.
They should have a double header at North Hobart involving the 4 highest crowd pulling teams.

and to think Kempoz used to bag him out on this forum, and now he is playing AFl football while Kempoz still chases easy, uncontested kicks in underage footy..

I no i was very wrong and im eating humble pie all year to make up for it! Good on the kid though hope he goes alright. Neville will debut this year aswell has been killing it at sandringham! Same with Riewoldt at coburg. Thorp is still 3 weeks away from playing any footy due to a hip injury.
Ohh yeah the picture in the mercury today of garland wasnt him surely? God he's changed his look if it is?

Got a leaflet in the mail today from the North Hobart Football Club inviting me, as a North Hobart resident, to join the Demons as a Residential Member.
Quite a novel idea actually to boost membership and very cheap at only $5.
Got a bit of a chuckle out of it, the letter box dropper must've missed seeing the Hobart Tigers stickers on the letterbox.
Will be interesting to see how they go with that, if they boost their numbers.
They may get a few, trouble is, North Hobart's changed from what it used to be, half the locals wouldn't know what a football looks like nowdays.

Only downside would be getting cranks signing up as members and trying to effect change in the club with little or no understanding (read: ignorance) of the club's history or lay of the land so to speak.
We saw this at Hobart in 2003/2004 with people never spotted at games before or having ever been involved at senior club level in any way, shape or form becoming 'members' championing this Brisbane Lions cause, and all they did was split the club in half.

We'll see it how it all pans out. Good initiative though.

I no i was very wrong and im eating humble pie all year to make up for it! Good on the kid though hope he goes alright. Neville will debut this year aswell has been killing it at sandringham! Same with Riewoldt at coburg. Thorp is still 3 weeks away from playing any footy due to a hip injury.
Ohh yeah the picture in the mercury today of garland wasnt him surely? God he's changed his look if it is?
I wish to Christ Richmond would put him in the Seniors, they've been insipid this year and I figure he could spark them a bit - even if he doesn't ace it first up, just leave him in there to get a feel of it at that level, he'll come right.
He's got to be better than the procession of duds they've had there in recent times :thumbsu:

Lonergan was actually drafted in 2005, and played 1 game for the dons last season. He is actually very close to a call-up at the moment, i think he was an emergency on Wednesday. I think you may be thinking of Tom Hislop, who was drafted by the dons last season.

More than happy to admit when I'm wrong ... I stand corrected ... I was thinking of Hislop, but for some reason Lonergan came to mind.

As for that pic in the Merc, i don't reckon it was him either!!!

Saw him a couple of months ago and he didn't look like that ... the same pic was in Herald.

Haha deff wasnt Garland i think it was Brock McLean .. Trust the Mercury though!!

Ok Firstly Wilbur35, you tell my fat little friend I send my warmest Magpie regards!

Secondly on the Matty Honey issue - heard today it could be noted big spenders Lindisfarne that woo him. F**k, my credibility rating is taking a hammering over this!

As for local footy on Anzac Day, surely you don't think any Southern games, even a Glenorchy v North Hobart or Clarence , would draw many through the gates head to head with Collingwood-Essendon on the box do ya?

As for the pic of "Colin Garland" what an embarrassment to the Mercury!

Sure as hell wasn't McLean either - he had a crew cut the other week, unless he's had the extensions in it ain't him!

Could it have been Pedro Petterd's boy?

Just remembered, I was trying to think of websites worth checking out last night when the SFL website came into my head.

What a waste of time that was!

Latest update on there was April 15!

May as well close the thing down!

As for the pic of "Colin Garland" what an embarrassment to the Mercury!

Sure as hell wasn't McLean either - he had a crew cut the other week, unless he's had the extensions in it ain't him!

Could it have been Pedro Petterd's boy?

Nah pretty sure it wasnt ricky either i've met ricky it didnt really look like him? The herald got it wrong aswell they had the same pic of "Garland"! As for neville and riewoldt they will play in the next 6 weeks i reckon, Riewoldt even next weekend probably.

This is a Public Service Announcement on behalf of the Tassie Devils and their No. 1 Ticket Holder ............ KINGPIN!

All fans planning on making the trip from Hobart to Launceston for tomorrow night's match v Frankston are advised to plan their trip accordingly so as not to clash with the traffic jams caused by the most awaited football clash in Tasmanian Football History..................

ROSS
VERSUS
CAMPANIA
AT
ROSS​

Thank you very much!

Seriously, talking about the Devils today - how many of us actually know someone who barracks in the true sense of the word for the Devils? :eek:

I cannot name one. :D

No - you cannot name Scott Wade! :p

you mean Neville may crack the senior sandy side??
i like the bloke but surely he isnt that close yet?

He'll play 1's at sandy this weekend. He's been having an awsome year he's had about 100 touches in the last 3 weeks and has been very unlucky he's not playing seniors, any other vfl team he'd probably be in the seniors. He'll debut for melbourne by the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope your right kempo, could b a very strong Tassie contingent in the demons side in the future with:
Robertson,Green,Neville,Garland and Pettard:thumbsu:

He'll play 1's at sandy this weekend. He's been having an awsome year he's had about 100 touches in the last 3 weeks and has been very unlucky he's not playing seniors, any other vfl team he'd probably be in the seniors. He'll debut for melbourne by the end of the year.

yeh settle down ol' kempo. Hes gotta crack the Sandy side first before he's even remotely close to the Melbourne team. He hasnt even played VFL football and VFL 2's is only slightly ahead of SFL level footy. Hes a great young kid but look at in in an objective manner and stop placing ur personal relationships ahead of fact. This was the same with Garland, yet in the opposite way- u didnt like him so u didnt rate him. Lonergan and Sloppy are looking very good at bendigo and niether are more than 2-4 away from Essendon's team.

Seriously, talking about the Devils today - how many of us actually know someone who barracks in the true sense of the word for the Devils? :eek:

I cannot name one. :D

No - you cannot name Scott Wade! :p

My eight year old who is playing in the NTJFA curtain raiser said it all "Everyone will leave when we are finished, who wants to watch the Devils anyway"

My eight year old who is playing in the NTJFA curtain raiser said it all "Everyone will leave when we are finished, who wants to watch the Devils anyway"

All I can say roorat is that you have one very switched on 8 year old :D

Barge, Gracie18 conceded that some of the Bombers lineup are an embarrassment to the human race (Bradley, Johns, Slattery, Dyson, Ryder, Laycock, Watson, Johnson....well, maybe not that many but you get the idea :D )

And the Mercury continues to impress!

There's a story on Matty Jamieson that says he played in Clarence's Senior Premiership in 2000 at the age of 18 and that he's 28 years old now!?!?!

Now excuse my Claremont High maths - but isn't it a bit hard to age 10 years when only 6 and a half have passed?

James Bresnehan - hang your head in shame!

i hear richie(bear)robinson has chucked it in with north hobart. believe he has already signed with the pies. can anyone confirm this?

SFL Half-time scores

North Hobart 60 leading Lauderdale 52
New Norfolk 60 leading Clarence 52
Glenorchy 65 leading Hobart 41
Brighton 86 leading Kingborough 25

SFL Premier League - Round 4
Glenorchy 10.5.65 - Hobart Lions 6.5.41 (HT)
New Norfolk 9.6.60 - Clarence 8.4.52 (HT)
North Hobart 9.6.60 - Lauderdale 4.4.28 (HT)
Brighton 13.8.86 - Kingborough 3.7.25 (HT)

SFL Regional League - Round 4
Huonville Lions 9.8.62 - Sorell 4.5.29 (HT)
Claremont 6.8.44 - Cygnet 3.6.24 (HT)
Central Hawks 6.4.40 - Kermandie 4.15.39 (HT)
Channel 7.6.48 - Triabunna 3.2.20 (HT)
Dodges Ferry 4.8.32 - Lindisfarne 4.6.30 (HT)

NTFL - Round 6
Smithton lead Latrobe by 2-points at Quarter Time.
Ulverstone lead Penguin by 36-points at Quarter Time.

NTFA Division One - Round 4
Longford 4.15.39 - Scottsdale Magpies 0.2.2 (HT)
Bracknell 4.8.32 - Deloraine 4.2.26 (QT)

NTFA Division Two - Round 4
Fingal Valley 12.6.78 - Tamar Cats 2.6.18 (HT)

Scores courtesy: ABC Radio.

SFL Premier League - Round 4
Glenorchy 16.7.103 - Hobart Lions 8.11.59 (3QT)
New Norfolk 13.7.85 - Clarence 9.7.61 (3QT)
North Hobart 10.10.70 - Lauderdale 6.14.50 (3QT)
Brighton 16.12.108 - Kingborough 8.12.60 (3QT)

SFL Regional League - Round 4
Huonville Lions 13.13.91 - Sorell 9.6.60 (3QT)
Claremont 11.15.81 - Cygnet 8.11.59 (3QT)
Kermandie 9.17.71 - Central Hawks 11.4.70 (3QT)
Channel 12.12.84 - Triabunna 5.4.34 (3QT)
Dodges Ferry 8.10.58 - Lindisfarne 6.7.43 (3QT)

NTFL - Round 6
Latrobe lead Smithton by 39 points (allegedly) at Half Time.
Ulverstone lead Penguin by 47-points at Half Time.

NTFA Division One - Round 4
Longford 7.19.61 - Scottsdale Magpies 0.4.4 (3QT)
Hillwood 9.10.64 - Rocherlea 4.4.28 (3QT)
George Town 16.10.106 - Bridgenorth 7.6.48 (3QT)
Bracknell 4.8.32 - Deloraine 4.2.26 (QT)

NTFA Division Two - Round 4
Fingal Valley 18.10.118 - Tamar Cats 4.8.32 (3QT)
Old Launcestonians 16.9.105 - Campbell Town 11.7.73 (3QT)
Perth - Evandale (No report)
St Patrick's - Old Scotch (17:00 start)

Scores courtesy: ABC Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back