Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an update for ya, you being a former Claremont boy, Cadoras ......

CLAREMONT BEAT HUONVILLE!

The Lion, what did Jock have to say when he had the Huonville lads out on the ground for 25 minutes after the game?

Here's an update for ya, you being a former Claremont boy, Cadoras ......

CLAREMONT BEAT HUONVILLE!

The Lion, what did Jock have to say when he had the Huonville lads out on the ground for 25 minutes after the game?

I'll give you all a rundown (get the correct scores from tommorrows paper)

VFL
Box Hill 13-17 95 def Tasmania 12-10 82

SFL Premier League
North Hobart 9-13 67 def Hobart 6-15 51
New Norfolk 17-24 126 def Brighton 5-10 40
Glenorchy 24-21 165 def Kingborough 3-12 30

And tonight's match (you better believe this!!!)
Lauderdale 14-12 96 def Clarence 10-19 79....and that's no joke either!

SFL Regional League
Central Hawks 12-16 88 def Cygnet 10-7 67
Sorell 20-10 130 def Channel 6-5 41
Dodges Ferry 34-21 225 def Triabunna 5-5 35
Kermandie 12-16 88 def Lindisfarne 11-16 82
Claremont 14-14 98 def Huonville 10-15 75

NTFL
Ulverstone 134 def Latrobe 54
Smithton 103 def Burnie 93
Penguin 247 def East Devonport 79
North L'ton 121 def Wynyard 107 (not sure if that's 100% right, I know that was close)
Tommorrow at Youngtown - South L'ton v Launceston

If anyone has NTFA results, pop them on!!

When I was watching the half - time report on Southern Cross about 5 mins ago....

Up pops the Ad for the Devils, you know the one where Cresswell babbles on about coming along and helping them protect their home turf.......

Jeez I'm thinking to myself, they must have another home game next week.....Up pops up the date, time and location.

2pm Saturday 5th May, Bellerive Oval. :confused:

What a joke!, not to mention how much would it have cost to show that advertisement on prime time. :thumbsdown:

The Fat cats up the Devils need to have a good hard look at themselves.

I have a fair bit of control in regards to sports content .. not total, but a decent amount.

I agree more people want to see football than other stuff, but i'd rather get a bit of everything than footy and nothing else, just to appeal to a wider audience.

As for the ratings, well, its a long road back.

We get smashed overall during the week, basically because Launceston are very much Southern X.

We win hobart a bit, but the Launceston numbers see us get beaten overall.

Just had a look at the weekend's figures and its same as usual.

Sat ..Won Hobart, smashed in Lonny and just lost overall.

Sun .. Absolutelly smashed across the state.

But anyone who knows anything about ratings knows they're a farce.

160 boxes in all of Tassie to apparantly give an accurate reflection of what people are watching.

Does anyone on here have or even know someone who has a ratings box?

Anyway guys .. thanks for the feedback and will take it onboard!!

Cheers

I thought the local footy coverage on WIN tonight was superb. It is good to have the scores on at 5:55pm, then be able to also see some footage on the news as well. It was great to see some action from the hobart v Nth Hobart game, as well as some NTFL action. It shows that WIN are really trying (and one bloke in particular) to get some coverage of local footy.

WIN should be commended on including it in their program...:thumbsu:

great game down at Richmond today, between the blues and st virgils.scores level with about 3 seconds to go in the game, Adam daft marks the ball about 45 out, siren sounds, puts it through for a point after the siren and Richmond get up by 1 point!;)

great game down at Richmond today, between the blues and st virgils.scores level with about 3 seconds to go in the game, Adam daft marks the ball about 45 out, siren sounds, puts it through for a point after the siren and Richmond get up by 1 point!;)

Sounds very similar to Tony Lockett and the 1996 AFL Preliminary Final!

Only difference is Plugger was about 20 stone and Dafty is about 20 kilos!

anyone tell me how TRENT BARTLETT went today? Did he play for Glenorchy or Kingborough?
Interesting that though a registered player with Deloraine, Bartlett, has to some senior club officials knowledge not gained a clearance from Deloraine to play any where else apart form the Devils. Does this mean that points are void in todays match or show again that AFL Tas are above football regulations in Tasmania and will place players where they want to.

Was down at Lauderdale last night in what turned out to be a very good game of footy. Good sized crowd were displayed a good tight game. Clarence hald the biggest margin of the night at 3/4 time of 21 pts. And kicked the first goal of the last quarter. But then after that Lauderdale showed something that its supporters had been waiting for, for a long time. Absolute guts, guts and more guts. They ran Clarence ragged in the last 20 minutes.
Clarence came out physical in the 3rd qtr after Lauderdale led by a goal at 1/2 time. But the young Lauderdale players didnt get intimidated. Was lucky enough to go into the Lauderdale change room after the match.
Big celebrations!! A big downer was seeing the massive welts on young Dillon Grubbs chest and back from the pinching by Ben Fagan. Fagan was at it the whole 2nd half and young Dillon was mature enough not to retaliate. Very ordinary effort by Fagan. Got what he deserved though.
A loss to Lauderdale.
Hope the Clarence boys have a good week!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NTFA Split Round
Seniors
Deloraine 25.19.169
Rocherlea 6.12.48

Georgetown 22.18.150
Hillwood 10.7.67

Reserves
Deloraine 27.20.182
Rocherlea 1.3.9

Under 19's
Deloraine 19.15.129
Rocherlea 2.1.13
Game stopped at 3/4 time due to continual fighting by the "rockheads"

Division 2
Uni-Mowbray 17.17.119
Perth 6.8.44

Fingal 12.18.90
Old Scotch 8.10.58

Old L'tons 14.10.94
Evandale 12.7.79

St Pats 17.18.120
Campbell Town 14.7.91

Was down at Lauderdale last night in what turned out to be a very good game of footy. Good sized crowd were displayed a good tight game. Clarence hald the biggest margin of the night at 3/4 time of 21 pts. And kicked the first goal of the last quarter. But then after that Lauderdale showed something that its supporters had been waiting for, for a long time. Absolute guts, guts and more guts. They ran Clarence ragged in the last 20 minutes.
Clarence came out physical in the 3rd qtr after Lauderdale led by a goal at 1/2 time. But the young Lauderdale players didnt get intimidated. Was lucky enough to go into the Lauderdale change room after the match.
Big celebrations!! A big downer was seeing the massive welts on young Dillon Grubbs chest and back from the pinching by Ben Fagan. Fagan was at it the whole 2nd half and young Dillon was mature enough not to retaliate. Very ordinary effort by Fagan. Got what he deserved though.
A loss to Lauderdale.
a great win for the bombers, must have payed an absolute belter of a last qtr. big problems at rooland, after 2 impressive wins have been very ordinary in last 3 rounds.

I thought that the Hawk Lady might have given him a bit of praise seeing as she reckons - he's not worth the coin he asks. ....... bloody good game of footy by Rainbird. Even the old Derwent Valley Gazette has nothing but praise for his spetacular game of footy. For a long serving member of the Club the Grey Eagle quoted: Rainbird has played many a good game for the Eagles, but by far this would be his best. Keep it up Rainbird. Thumbs down Hawk lady.

Dont give phrase where i dont think is deserved YET! If players getting paid big money you want more than one game a month out of them, the old derwent gazette is good to him one week and not the next, didnt u read the week before where several time it read rainbird missed again, missed right in front, dropped several sitters etc, i will start praising him when he plays consistent football. Thumbs down to you Rooster Fan

Interesting that though a registered player with Deloraine, Bartlett, has to some senior club officials knowledge not gained a clearance from Deloraine to play any where else apart form the Devils. Does this mean that points are void in todays match or show again that AFL Tas are above football regulations in Tasmania and will place players where they want to.

I'm tipping the sentence underlined.

wishiwas said:
A loss to Lauderdale.

When do they frame the market for the return clash at Bellerive?

Wouldn't think the Kangaroos will forget this in a hurry.

Congratulations must go to the Bombers however. I was speaking to one player during the week and they were very confident.

What happened to the days of 30 goal floggings at the hands of the Roos? They haven't lost and Lauderdale haven't gained enough players to make up this kind of margin have they?!

I know we all hate the Devils, but I'm going to post about them anyway.

Don't worry, I'll stick the boot in.

Let's be honest .. Cresswell only just missed out on the Saints top job and was pretty highly rated in AFL circles .. Thus he missed out on the gig and now can't even get the bloody Devils over the line.

Sure they got close yesterday, but Box Hill hadn't even won a game.

According to my sources .. a lot of the players aren't too keen on Cressa (and who can blame them) and they just can't be stuffed playing for him.

I know we all hate the Devils, but I'm going to post about them anyway.

Don't worry, I'll stick the boot in.

Let's be honest .. Cresswell only just missed out on the Saints top job and was pretty highly rated in AFL circles .. Thus he missed out on the gig and now can't even get the bloody Devils over the line.

Sure they got close yesterday, but Box Hill hadn't even won a game.

According to my sources .. a lot of the players aren't too keen on Cressa (and who can blame them) and they just can't be stuffed playing for him.

The premier league is shaping as the most exciting and closest in years. On any day i would all teams bar brighton and kingo could beat every other, having said that brighton beat laurdedale who just beat clarence so who knows. North Hobart certainly wont have it all their own way and should hav lost yeaterday if not for inaccurate kicking by hobart. They were 2.11 at half time...

On Cresswell he was certainly in good form last nite. Out and about absolutely smashed with his tie half way down his top, suit going everywhere and shit all down his shirt. Was in another world. Disgraceful seeing a coach like this. I reckon Armstrong and a few that were shunted out of positions last year are sitting back with a wry smile this year.

On Cresswell he was certainly in good form last nite. Out and about absolutely smashed with his tie half way down his top, suit going everywhere and shit all down his shirt. Was in another world. Disgraceful seeing a coach like this. I reckon Armstrong and a few that were shunted out of positions last year are sitting back with a wry smile this year.

Guys, how long do you reckon this posting will last before whoever it is at AFL Tas that reads this forum complains and has it removed for being detrimental to the Devils publicity.

(Hint: Like last time when a certain member of the leadership group was named as being in a Ben Cousin like situation... remember that bakerman????)

he's got nothing on some of his players, trust me.

The premier league is shaping as the most exciting and closest in years. On any day i would all teams bar brighton and kingo could beat every other, having said that brighton beat laurdedale who just beat clarence so who knows. North Hobart certainly wont have it all their own way and should hav lost yeaterday if not for inaccurate kicking by hobart. They were 2.11 at half time...

Saying North Hobart's 9.13.67 was goal kicking accuracy at it's finest are ya?

What happened to Big Cas?

For once didn't get first mention!

On Cresswell he was certainly in good form last nite. Out and about absolutely smashed with his tie half way down his top, suit going everywhere and shit all down his shirt. Was in another world. Disgraceful seeing a coach like this..

Good old Cresswell. Not the ideal person to be judging people for appropriate behaviour I would have thought.

He was up at Abbotsfield Park one night the other year blotto making a total Cadoras of himself. Luckily for him, it didn't come to light until after he'd left that he struggled to keep his hands to himself.

If anyone knows him personally, ask him what did he do recently that led to a long time friend no longer being so .....

And for those who doubt Bargey's sources, these are from extremely good sources!

Good old Cresswell. Not the ideal person to be judging people for appropriate behaviour I would have thought.

He was up at Abbotsfield Park one night the other year blotto making a total Cadoras of himself. Luckily for him, it didn't come to light until after he'd left that he struggled to keep his hands to himself.

If anyone knows him personally, ask him what did he do recently that led to a long time friend no longer being so .....

And for those who doubt Bargey's sources, these are from extremely good sources!

Dont you mean a total Barge of himself? You frequent that drug riddled smokehouse more often. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back