Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend Kingborough are hosting a 'Back to the Huon' breakfast on Sat morning at the Kingston Beach hall. then off to the Kingborough V Hobart game. There are going to be past players from the old Huon Association and guest speakers set up like a footy show panel with Buffet Breakfast and bar opens at 9.00amand show goes from 9.00 am - 12.00 pm. How many pissed people will be at the game after.

It was an Old Scholars thing wasn't it? The comp is sponsored by Cascade, so all clubs had to stock it. I can remember when I played at Friends, we used to despise going to Geilston, cause they sold the shit, as well as the ordinary people playing at the club:D

Don't know if you played the year when Tooheys was our beer sponsor? Nearly forced me to leave!

Well, it was the OSFA, but the pressure came from AFL Tas because Cascade had done a deal with them that hinged on the proviso that the OSFA also supported it. Then the OSFA put not-so-subtle pressure on us, because the deal between Cascade and OSFA was an all-in or none-in situation.

At the end of the day though Jelly, beer is beer and we will drink any type if we have to....I have even been known to force a VB down when it is all that is available!

Well, that will save me buying you a Cascade Draught stubby in 16 days St.... Cadoras! Don't stock the shit at Abbotsfield Park!

Don't worry, I'll still buy 3 - one for stelikejelly and two for me!

Think Howarth may have kicked 18 from memory against the mighty Lachlan Bombers!

Wilbur35 - what can I say - shame, shame, shame! Egg would be disgusted!

I recall the other year when I went to a game down at Uni they were selling Boags only.

Bakerman - will HFA doyen Noel Morrison be making an appearance?

That'd near be enough to get Kingpin and I down there for Brekky!

With a luncheon at the Claremont v Cygnet game this Saturday as well, I'll be talking like Cadoras come 6pm - if I'm still awake!

Well, that will save me buying you a Cascade Draught stubby in 16 days St.... Cadoras! Don't stock the shit at Abbotsfield Park!

I'll drink that stuff with a bit of coke added to it, goes down the gullet a bit easier. Are you sure they don't stock Boag's? I distinctly remember having a Boag's stubby with your president Garry Lockley over the bar last year.

Yes everybody's favourite son Mr Morrison will be present, in fact there was a promotional article in last weeks Huon News, a photo of Morrison and a few other old timers in their footy gear was in it as well. Better leave your wallet at home.

Book a ticket or two then, it starts at 8.30 i think. You will make it in time for the luncheon as well.

With a luncheon at the Claremont v Cygnet game this Saturday as well, I'll be talking like Cadoras come 6pm - if I'm still awake!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.............................you only need to crack a can and the noxious fumes from that stuff will knock you out.

Barge, yep Uni and OHA both were sponsored by the brewing God being James Boag...obviously the two clubs that have brains on their side (even though a lot of the 'Mont boys played there!).

I assume you were there to witness the footballing prowess of the follically challenged Darren Bewick lookalike, S. Growell? :D

Cadoras, I found that lemonade is better than coke, it seems to elminate the distinct ammonia like smell of urine that Cascade Draught emits - something Barge being a bed wetter is all too familiar with. :p Egg would also be partial to a lovely Boags Premo.

Barge - we still on for the 25th August? I was considering purchasing a Seagulls jumper just for the occassion!

Funny you ask that, I was going to ask the same thing in my penultimate post!

Oh Shit yes!

Unless Claremont are involved in the Preliminary Final, I'll be there!

Williamstown Guernseys available on the Collingwood Website for the bargain basement price of $100!

Which reminds me, I saw some of the old guernseys in there about 5 years ago - do Balls and Bumpers stock the NEW Devils guernseys or has Seagull woken up to himself?!

Saw a rack full of them in there once with a tag of about $110 - have never seen one out in the street!

I think Kingpin might have one though!

And Cadoras - I warn you - don't get up in my club rooms in a fortnight whispering sweet nothings to those birds behind the bar we went to school with - I know what you're like!

I assume you were there to witness the footballing prowess of the follically challenged Darren Bewick lookalike, S. Growell? :D
A pygmy with a bald red headed mullet is a better description:thumbsu:

Cadoras, I found that lemonade is better than coke, it seems to elminate the distinct ammonia like smell of urine that Cascade Draught emits Bingo! need i say anything more:thumbsu: - something Barge being a bed wetter Yeah give it to 'im!, the hot dog munching diaperlord is all too familiar with. :p Egg would also be partial to a lovely Boags Premo.
There is a secret society up Uni in Launnie which was devoted to the almighty Boags - "The Boaghemians", The members get to drink a lot of the local product. :)
quote]

Wilbur35, do you reckon Cole and Jetta would have been getting stuck into Boag's on their shienanigans in town? Thats probably why they played well the next day (I have no idea if they got in the best players???)

And Cadoras - I warn you - don't get up in my club rooms in a fortnight whispering sweet nothings to those birds behind the bar we went to school with - I know what you're like!

As if. I'd probably get my crown jewels minced up if I tried whispering in the ears of one of these She - Gorillas that you have working behind the bar.:D

Wilbur35 - The car with ZIPPY numberplates - diD yoU seE thE dudE whO waS drivinG iT?

Speaking of Brighton, there is an article in today's Mercury re their recruits, do you reckon the journalist first discovered it in here from one of the previous posts about the situation up there? and then rang up the club president Gray to verify the news.

Monna - you seem to be strangely quiet about this? - usually you are the first to respond to anything related to Brighton (unless its because Barge isn't writing that stuff?)

ROFL :D
Yep and I'll grab Toothless, Johnnie and Catweazle being ex-Tigers supporters - I'm just whincing at the thought of some of the comments that would fly, would be a highly entertaining brekky. :p
I give it 8 minutes tops before we all get slung out!
Wilbur 35 said:
Cadoras, I found that lemonade is better than coke, it seems to elminate the distinct ammonia like smell of urine that Cascade Draught emits
I've gone off the beer totally in recent years, I found mixing lemonade and 40% proof Premium blended whisky was the Kingpin's new choice of poison!
That stuff is the bomb :thumbsu:
Barge said:
Which reminds me, I saw some of the old guernseys in there about 5 years ago - do Balls and Bumpers stock the NEW Devils guernseys or has Seagull woken up to himself?!

Saw a rack full of them in there once with a tag of about $110 - have never seen one out in the street!

I think Kingpin might have one though!
Now they're not winning all the parents of the darling little Fabian's and Alex's of this world have gone back to watching they're Minkey Hockey, thus not bothering with the Devils.
So there's no need for any new Devils jumpers.
Only time I ever saw them worn, was going past North Hobart on the way out to the 'Machine & Foundary, the little kids would be coming out of the gate hopping into their pares expensive executive vehicles after playing some little league or Auskick clinics.
I secretly have a Devils jumper, I stand in front of the mirror each day and say 'Why dont YOU dare to be a Devil!'
I'm trying to perfect that lump of coal personality that is essential to ripping off that ad perfectly, I hope to be there soon..
Wilbur 35 said:
Yeah, great work Duff man on the Hobart v Nth Hobart footage. Even Kingpin must agree? despite the team?
It was a classic piece of footage yes definately.
Must admit, I felt absolutely nothing when I saw it, I know it sounds rather cold but I might as well have been watching Hutchins get the winner.
First thing I thought was, 'Geez that siren sounds fucked!' LOL.

OK then, here I go sticking the neck out again with my tips and thoughts on this weekends play

SFL Premier League Round 13
Kingborough v Hobart at Kingston Beach (Hobart by 37)
North Hobart v Glenorchy at North Hobart Oval (Nth Hobart by 4)
Lauderdale v New Norfolk at Lauderdale (New Norfolk by 92)
Brighton v Clarence at Pontville (Clarence by 110)

SFL Regional League Round 13 - Interesting round here on paper
Claremont v Cygnet at Abbotsfield Park (Claremont by 8)
Central Hawks v Kermandie at Oatlands (Hawks by 1)
Triabunna v Channel at Triabunna (Channel by 62)
Sorell v Huonville at Pembroke Park (Huonville by 34)
Dodges Ferry v Lindisfarne at Shark Park (Dodges by 17)

NTFL Round 15
Wynyard v Ulverstone at Austin Street (Ulverstone by 49)
East Devonport v North L'ton at Girdlestone Park (North L'ton by 115)
Smithton v Devonport at Smithton (Devonport by 33)
Latrobe v Burnie at Gilbert Street (Burnie by 7)
Penguin v Launceston at Pirtek Oval (Launceston by 75)

NTFA Division One - Round 12
Deloraine v Rocherlea (Rocherlea by 33) - That's for roorat ;)
Hillwood v George Town (George Town by 68)
Bridgenorth v Longford (Longford by 15)
Scottsdale v Bracknell (Scottsdale by 27)

NTFA Division Two - Round 13
Evandale v OL's (Evandale by 65)
If Campbell Town can beat OL's by 100+, than really....

St Pats v Campbell Town (St Pats by 45)
Fingal Valley v Old Scotch (Fingal by 37)
Perth v Uni-Mowbray (Uni-Mowbray by 73)

Don't know if you played the year when Tooheys was our beer sponsor? Nearly forced me to leave!

Well, it was the OSFA, but the pressure came from AFL Tas because Cascade had done a deal with them that hinged on the proviso that the OSFA also supported it. Then the OSFA put not-so-subtle pressure on us, because the deal between Cascade and OSFA was an all-in or none-in situation.

At the end of the day though Jelly, beer is beer and we will drink any type if we have to....I have even been known to force a VB down when it is all that is available!

I played in 2002-2004, I can't remember the Tooheys sponsorship. I agree on the 'beer is beer' statement, but some beer requires a lot more thirst or desparation to force it down...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, I'll still buy 3 - one for stelikejelly and two for me!

I think we only stock it because a few of our players are ex-Burnie boys. I look forward to choking a few stubbies with the king of Abbotsfield.
If we get a win this week (we bloody better) then I think there may be a few of our boys that will be talking less coherantly than our old mate (who by the way got told off by the umpires last week for running out messages to players, how ironic...)

I think we only stock it because a few of our players are ex-Burnie boys. I look forward to choking a few stubbies with the king of Abbotsfield.
If we get a win this week (we bloody better) then I think there may be a few of our boys that will be talking less coherantly than our old mate (who by the way got told off by the umpires last week for running out messages to players, how ironic...)

I'll start writing my great big book of insults if Channel can't beat the Bunna this weekend ;)

Speaking of Brighton, there is an article in today's Mercury re their recruits, do you reckon the journalist first discovered it in here from one of the previous posts about the situation up there? and then rang up the club president Gray to verify the news.

Monna - you seem to be strangely quiet about this? - usually you are the first to respond to anything related to Brighton (unless its because Barge isn't writing that stuff?)

I wonder if poor Leigh knows that the only Personal/Family issues that Salter and Martin had was what time the bar opened at the Lindisfarne/Hawks match last Saturday.

Both have had a hissy fit and didn't want to play, nothing more.

My post or their excuses :confused:

Sorry Ozguy :D Never anything wrong with your posts, despite what HawkLady might think.

It was their hissy fit and lame excuse I was referring to.

Leigh Gray would be spewing. I must admit when I read that article I wasn't convinced about Leigh's comments.

I think Leigh has had to wool pulled over his eyes well and truly. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the 2 blokes that said they had issues. Nothing wrong with Joker either.

Barge -

Since you have won the inaugrual Barge-Cadoras cup from the first round, I will have to hand it over to Jelly this time, it might be an incentive for him to play a bit better if there is a bit of silverware on offer.

Barge-Jelly cup up for grabs in a couple of weeks.

Winner gets a round of Boags!:D

I think Leigh has had to wool pulled over his eyes well and truly. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the 2 blokes that said they had issues. Nothing wrong with Joker either.

Do you reckon Brighton will have to pay those free loaders out or is there a clause in their contracts for no play no pay?

Groins and Backs are notoriously hard to diagnose and are a favourite excuse made by footballers. This was Barge's favourite excuses when he was a legendary shepherder in the Glenorchy underage team back in his high school days.

I remember reading a book written by Mal Brown which said that the level of groin injuries amongs his players rose dramatically one year when the football club employed an attractive female physiotherapist:D

Barge -

Since you have won the inaugrual Barge-Cadoras cup from the first round, I will have to hand it over to Jelly this time, it might be an incentive for him to play a bit better if there is a bit of silverware on offer.

Barge-Jelly cup up for grabs in a couple of weeks.

Winner gets a round of Boags!:D

Are you saying I didn't play well last time we played them? If you are, you would 100% correct. The only kicks I have had all year are the 40 or so I have had kicking out in the last 2 games. Very inetersting job to do when you play for a team that regularly gets flogged...

So, you are trying to give me extra incentive and then you go and mention bloody boags?? If we are up by 5 points with a minute to play, I may just have to kick it straight to Bucket to avoid having to drink bloody Boags...

Given the sensitive nature of the topic and the popularity of this forum, i think you'll understand why i've had no comment on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back