Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks roorat, I might consider it...might follow along the lines of my very good mate Nathan Bester, who's set up a sports blog on Myspace, he's got SFL and NTFL only at this stage, but is looking to expand to other areas...seeing what sort of interest he get's.

The blog is www.myspace.com/sportstalk07

haha, that guy comes into work ALL THE TIME.

the_insider said:
The story is that the Rocherlea Under 19's were involved in a major brawl when they played Deloraine at Rocherlea about 7 weeks ago. Fight was that serious that the game was suspended at 3/4 time, with Deloraine well in front.
With last year's disgrace in the Grand Final against Longford, where I was at the game and watched the disgrace unfold where Longford players (about 7) suffered broken jaws, lost teeth, you name it, the NTFA were left with no other option but to suspend the Rocherlea Underage side for the remainder of 2007, and I think that its to be reviewed for the next 2 years (Roorat may be able to confirm the substance of the above)

geez, that's really, really disappointing.

does anybody know who was coaching them this year? I'd be surprised if Danny Clark would let this happen to one of his teams

Just a note that billybrownless16 and myself are doing Tassie proud in the fantasy football league, representing the Central Sharks. At present we are heading for a Grand Final berth. Any one who feels like supporting us can vote on http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345310 against the Wolves.
Yours truly is, due to hard training, hard drinking and commitment, a member of the Big Footy Squad in a comp against other forums. :D

Well i'm coaching the Sweet FA side in the interleague competiton.

Just go to Fantasy Football League under Competitions.

SFL Premier League Under 17 - Round 11 Results
Kingborough 13.9-87 def Hobart 7.6-48
Lauderdale 26.16-172 def New Norfolk 0.1-1
Glenorchy 12.5-77 def North Hobart 11.10-76
Brighton 16.12-108 def Clarence 6.10-46

Ladder - Lauderdale 40, North Hobart 36, Brighton 28, Kingborough 24, Glenorchy 20, Clarence 16, Hobart 8, New Norfolk 0

Courtesy of http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-3049-0-54175-0&pool=-1&round=0&a=ROUND

What you think of him? He's not a bad bloke when I speak with him, just having a horrid run at the moment with a lot of personal issues....:(

no offence to the guy but he aint the full quid is he? he used to score for new town in TCA, used to be quite funny sitting beside him for 10overs or so when it come to my turn to score, strange lad that one..

no offence to the guy but he aint the full quid is he? he used to score for new town in TCA, used to be quite funny sitting beside him for 10overs or so when it come to my turn to score, strange lad that one..

I think it was Clarence he used to scored for, tells me that his last game was against New Town, then the club flicked him cause he went up North. Since then he's been going from strength to strength in the NTCA with Westbury - top ranked scorer there plus rep duties as well. :thumbsu:

Dean Mills was on the recieving end this time, despite being the instigator of a scuffle managed to be the victim of a striking report for a punch to the mouth. The Channel culprit had a nasty gash on his knuckle and webbing from a Mills tooth:D probably will be nice and puffy today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dean stood there and just laughed as the umpire reported him and also couldnt draw blood. The hero Channel player being around 30 years of age scruffing a 16 year old 60 kilo kid after the half time siren and dean went over and pulled him off nothing more to it and copped a smack from a gutless rat. Have a few weeks off to think about it

Yeah dean stood there and just laughed as the umpire reported him and also couldnt draw blood. The hero Channel player being around 30 years of age scruffing a 16 year old 60 kilo kid after the half time siren and dean went over and pulled him off nothing more to it and copped a smack from a gutless rat. Have a few weeks off to think about it

I didn't see the actual start of the scuffle, so cant comment on that but I can tell you the "Hero" Channel player is probably regretting it, has been to hospital a couple of times for his hand, all nice and infected now, looks like Mr Mills has some nasty bacteria in his mouth. Mills actually did well not to retaliate this time.

Im sure you will agree that Mills has done a lot of cheap shots in his time, Broke Darren Martin's jaw badly last year.

I think it was Clarence he used to scored for, tells me that his last game was against New Town, then the club flicked him cause he went up North. Since then he's been going from strength to strength in the NTCA with Westbury - top ranked scorer there plus rep duties as well. :thumbsu:

his you...

Just because you start a sentence with "no offence", doesn't mean you're not being offensive.

Nathan is a top bloke who would do anything for anyone.

He's passionate about his sport and blokes like him are what keep the local games, whether they be cricket or footy, thriving.

I've never met you, but reading your posts, I thing its fair to say you're not the full quid .... No offence!!!

Just because you start a sentence with "no offence", doesn't mean you're not being offensive.

Nathan is a top bloke who would do anything for anyone.

He's passionate about his sport and blokes like him are what keep the local games, whether they be cricket or footy, thriving.

I've never met you, but reading your posts, I thing its fair to say you're not the full quid .... No offence!!!

wow sorry there Mr Bester didnt mean to strike such a cord, dont think I mentioned anything about him not being a good bloke, rather he is a weird bloke....call me ignorant but I didnt realise that our local cricket and football competitions were thriving, would be far from it I would have thought, so thumbs up to him on that front hes doing a great job

wow sorry there Mr Bester didnt mean to strike such a cord, dont think I mentioned anything about him not being a good bloke, rather he is a weird bloke....call me ignorant but I didnt realise that our local cricket and football competitions were thriving, would be far from it I would have thought, so thumbs up to him on that front hes doing a great job

Hope you didn't mean the bolded part with sarcasm there??
And btw...I am the guy that you've mentioned in the above quote ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a note that billybrownless16 and myself are doing Tassie proud in the fantasy football league, representing the Central Sharks. At present we are heading for a Grand Final berth. Any one who feels like supporting us can vote on http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345310 against the Wolves.
Yours truly is, due to hard training, hard drinking and commitment, a member of the Big Footy Squad in a comp against other forums. :D

And Bakerman is going ok as well.

Look out squizzle is on the war path!!!!

Well, the guy donvito that quoted me met me for about 40 minutes in the scorers box and he calls me weird?? But then again his greatness thinks that the world rev
There are a lot of people that don't know me in person, a message for those that haven't met me, GET TO KNOW ME BEFORE YOU JUDGE!

Donvito, a question, when did you see me last in the scorers box? 1999 was it? Or was it 2005?
Keep in mind that I'm unique in my approach to life and sport, and why would I blog about SFL and NTFL for...nothing better to do with my time eh?? Why would you think that I've spent 11 years in sports for, cause I needed to "fill in" my spare time??

The answer's NO mate! And as BF God states, I am passionate about sport, go to football matches virtually every weekend (bar 1 or 2) and I've travelled from Hobart every weekend for Cricket with Westbury. If I wasn't passionate, why would I do it?

Don't take it to heart sportstalk07, most of us harbour no ill feeling but there is a lot of good natured stirring going on and the best way to elicit a response is to angle for a bite. Keep up your good work around the state, I know Deloraine valued your contribution highly.:thumbsu:

Don't take it to heart sportstalk07, most of us harbour no ill feeling but there is a lot of good natured stirring going on and the best way to elicit a response is to angle for a bite. Keep up your good work around the state, I know Deloraine valued your contribution highly.:thumbsu:

I know roorat, I know, I'm just passionate, that's all. Sometimes it boils over...but hey it can be a good thing.

And I'll still be involved at the club too, I just need to get to the games, you'll certainly see me there before the end of the roster matches ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back