Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devils oughtta sign up Sr Christopher!
She'd whip 'em into shape :thumbsu:
Bloke on the far right looks like Peter Hodgman.
You can just see him saying 'Football Tasmaaaania's doing wonderful, Football in Tasmania's never been stronger...'
Fagan looks more like the kiddo holding the footy :cool:
Nice find Roorat!

Very nice find there....Roorat, what year was it from?

Also, due to the_insider being in Sydney for about 2 months for potential job prospects, I'm taking the mantle of filling in as the tipper extrodinare ;)

All my thoughts will be posted onto my Myspace below, but I'll give you the links from last weeks matches, which inculde the previews for this week...

SFL Premier League - http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=170529652&blogID=286699557

SFL Regional League - http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=170529652&blogID=286034124

NTFL - http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=170529652&blogID=285578575

And the NTFA....
Div 1 Round 13
George Town v Deloraine - G Town by 44
Bridgenorth v Hillwood - Hillwood by 7
Rocherlea v Scottsdale - Scottsdale by any margin
Longford v Bracknell - Longford by 22

Div 2 Round 14
Campbell Town v Fingal - Fingal by 47
Old Scotch v Tamar Cats - Scotch by 26
Uni Mowbray v OL's - Uni-Mowbray by 120+
Evandale v St Pats - St Pats by 31

Roorat...or anyone, the bolded game is on the Sunday, is that confirmed??

Just a note that billybrownless16 and myself are doing Tassie proud in the fantasy football league, representing the Central Sharks. At present we are heading for a Grand Final berth. Any one who feels like supporting us can vote on http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345310 against the Wolves.
Yours truly is, due to hard training, hard drinking and commitment, a member of the Big Footy Squad in a comp against other forums. :D

Code:
Player Profile : Roorat / Central Sharks / Regional Fantasy FL                  
MATCH        PLAYER          HO Ki Ma Hb Ta FF FA Go Be
WOLSHA07.01S Roorat          0  6  6  10 1  0  0  0  0  
WESSHA07.02S Roorat          0  9  5  3  1  0  1  2  0  
SHAFLO07.03S Roorat          0  8  3  10 3  1  2  0  0  
SHAWOL07.04S Roorat          0  8  6  7  2  0  2  0  0  
SHAWES07.05S Roorat          0  4  2  3  1  0  0  0  0  
FLOSHA07.06S Roorat          0  9  0  7  3  1  1  0  0  
WOLSHA07.07S Roorat          0  9  1  1  0  0  0  4  0  
WESSHA07.08S Roorat          0  10 5  4  0  0  0  0  0  
SHAFLO07.09S Roorat          0  7  3  4  1  0  0  2  1  
SHAWOL07.10S Roorat          0  4  6  5  0  0  0  0  0
Code:
Player Profile : bakerman / Central Sharks / Regional Fantasy FL                
WOLSHA07.01S bakerman        0  4  2  8  0  0  0  0  0  
WESSHA07.02S bakerman        0  6  3  12 0  1  1  0  0  
SHAFLO07.03S bakerman        0  6  9  18 0  0  0  0  0  
SHAWOL07.04S bakerman        0  2  0  0  0  0  0  2  0  
SHAWES07.05S bakerman        0  1  0  5  0  1  1  0  0  
FLOSHA07.06S bakerman        0  8  4  10 1  1  0  1  0  
WOLSHA07.07S bakerman        0  7  5  5  1  0  1  0  0  
WESSHA07.08S bakerman        0  8  9  6  1  0  1  2  1  
SHAFLO07.09S bakerman        0  10 5  4  1  0  1  0  0  
SHAWOL07.10S bakerman        0  11 9  8  0  0  1  0  0
Code:
Player Profile : billlybrownless16 / Central Sharks / Regional Fantasy FL       
WOLSHA07.01S billlybrow      0  12 8  11 3  4  2  0  0  
WESSHA07.02S billlybrow      0  7  4  13 0  1  1  1  2  
SHAFLO07.03S billlybrow      0  9  0  0  4  5  1  1  1  
SHAWOL07.04S billlybrow      0  5  5  11 0  0  1  2  0  
SHAWES07.05S billlybrow      2  4  0  4  2  1  1  1  1  
FLOSHA07.06S billlybrow      0  7  2  3  0  0  0  0  0  
WOLSHA07.07S billlybrow      0  11 6  14 1  1  2  3  0  
WESSHA07.08S billlybrow      0  2  1  0  0  1  0  2  0  
SHAFLO07.09S billlybrow      0  0  0  1  0  0  0  0  0  
SHAWOL07.10S billlybrow      10 11 0  12 3  0  0  2  2

Very nice find there....Roorat, what year was it from?
Looking at the pennant the kid looks to have gotten stuck in his teeth, it looks to be around 1971.
Has that look from that early 70's era about it.
Snow-White on the top left looks like Nick Reiwoldt, or given the era, a Carl Ditterich-type.
Wonder if ol' Sister Chris gave him licence to split a few a packs and rough up the opposition! :p:thumbsu:

Final score 105 to 40. Just received photos of the boys, they looked like pigs walkin out of a sty. they said conditions were terrible. they couldnt do anything right and cygnet played to the conditions,theydidnt. Gospel r u a port supporter and if so did they have full strength team today

Final score 105 to 40. Just received photos of the boys, they looked like pigs walkin out of a sty. they said conditions were terrible. they couldnt do anything right and cygnet played to the conditions,theydidnt. Gospel r u a port supporter and if so did they have full strength team today

No mate... just have a few mates who are playing down there this season. looks like they are improving each week. The finals are going to be a ripper, with all the teams in form and very even.

VFL - Round 14
{Full Time} Tasmania Devils 16.11 (107) - Box Hill 12.9 (81)

SFL Premier League - Round 14
{Full Time} Glenorchy 20.20 (140) - Brighton 1.5 (11)
{Full Time} Lauderdale 8.9 (57) - Hobart Lions 7.9 (51)

SFL Regional League - Round 14
{Full Time} Huonville Lions 16.15 (111) - Claremont 3.8 (26)
{Full Time} Sorell 17.12 (114) - Channel 8.12 (60)
{Full Time} Dodges Ferry 28.17 (185) - Triabunna 5.7 (37)
{Full Time} Cygnet 15.15 (105) - Central Hawks 6.4 (40)
{Full Time} Lindisfarne 13.8 (86) - Kermandie 6.12 (48)

NTFL - Round 16
{Full Time} Devonport 26.15 (171) - Sth Launceston 9.7 (61)
{Full Time} Launceston 40.28 (268) - East Devonport 2.5 (17)
{Full Time} Wynyard 13.9 (87) - Penguin 9.12 (66)
{Full Time} Ulverstone 25.20 (170) - Smithton 10.8 (68)
{Full Time} Latrobe 13.16 (94) - Nth Launceston 12.18 (90)

NTFA Division 1 - Round 13
{Full Time} George Town 11.10 (76) - Deloraine 9.10 (64)
{Full Time} Bridgenorth 19.14 (128) - Hillwood 6.12 (48)
{3-Qtr Time} Rocherlea 13.10 (88) - Scottsdale 5.7 (37)
{Full Time} Longford 17.9 (111) - Bracknell 9.9 (63)

NTFA Division 2 - Round 14
{Full Time} Fingal Valley 39.24 (258) - Campbell Town 6.6 (42)
{Full Time} Old Scotch 16.21 (117) - Tamar Cats 5.7 (37)
{Full Time} University-Mowbray 28.25 (193) - Old Launcestonians 5.5 (35)
{Sun 15th} Evandale - St Patrick's

Channel and ****ing Hobart let me down this weekend! Was at the TCA, appalling conditions, Hobart led 35-10 at about the 15 minute mark in the 3rd, then Lauderdale kicked 6 unanswered goals, thanks to some insipid and appalling play by Hobart, giving away soft free kicks and failing to be accountable in the middle...just piss pour play!

Only thought Channel because of Sorell's slump, 5 straight games it was, but good to see the Eagles on the winning list.

Same thoughts with Kermandie and Central Hawks - were in form heading into their matches, but lacked a bit in the conditions....

5/5 in the NTFL - YOU BEAUTY!! :D
If anyone had any pics from that game at Devonport today - I might see if I can put them on my blog below, never seen the Bulldogs in the Red and White before...

And Rocherlea won - Did they find a few goalkickers this week eh?? FAIR DINKUM!! :eek:

Thank god for the NTFL saving my bacon this weekend in the tipping....

Channel let me down this weekend!
Only thought Channel because of Sorell's slump, 5 straight games it was

Sorell did well to win in horrible conditions, can't take anything away from them.

The Channel boys didn't let you down, the monkeys in orange helped win the game for Sorell with some atrocious decisions - Honestly it was heavily in favor of Sorell until Coach Bullfrog Johnstone erupted with rage from the bench during the second term after another shocker of a decision only to have consecutive 50m penalties paid against him for yelling obscenities at them and Sorell got a goal from it, the orange monkeys went into their shell at half time and started paying more attention to what was going on and actually did ok in the last quarter which was too late by then.

There was talk amongst the diehard Channel supporters of rigging a lynching rope up the flagpole at half time! I think one of the umpires must have overheard it:D

Channel and ****ing Hobart let me down this weekend! Was at the TCA, appalling conditions, Hobart led 35-10 at about the 15 minute mark in the 3rd, then Lauderdale kicked 6 unanswered goals, thanks to some insipid and appalling play by Hobart, giving away soft free kicks and failing to be accountable in the middle...just piss pour play!

Only thought Channel because of Sorell's slump, 5 straight games it was, but good to see the Eagles on the winning list.

Same thoughts with Kermandie and Central Hawks - were in form heading into their matches, but lacked a bit in the conditions....

If anyone had any pics from that game at Devonport today - I might see if I can put them on my blog below, never seen the Bulldogs in the Red and White before...

And Rocherlea won - Did they find a few goalkickers this week eh?? FAIR DINKUM!! :eek:

I think you will find that score should be the other way round, the Magpies won!

Wow, dont give any credit to Lauderdale now. Sounds like sour grapes!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lauderdale were just far more desparate , and Hobart thought it would just happen, not as committed as they had the game won at half time.NO DESPARATION!

Would not have been a nice to be at the TCA on a freezing, windy and wet day.
Heavy overnight and morning rain turning the ground into its usual mid winter quagmire.
Hobart don't have a great record against Lauderdale to be honest, especially in close ones, the Bombers (and the Cats before that) were always quite evenly matched with Hobart.
Isn't the first time Hobart has dropped a close one to the 'Dale at the TCA.
Lauderdale are a bit unpredictable, but when they turn up to play can match it with the other sides, Lions tend to lack concentration and won't put four quarters together.
Were ordinary against North for the better part, but got some momentum and pinched the game in the final seconds, drew away after a slowish start against Kingborough at The Dump and thought they would cruise through against Lauderdale, had them on toast, lost their concentration - and Bingo!
The 'Dale gets into it the contest, shows some passion and nicks the game. Lamprill must be tearing his hair out.
Did they get more than 100-people at that game?
That is people that weren't players.
It wouldn't inspire the players that match or give them much urgency when they have hardly anyone urging them on.

sportstalk07 said:
Think of the Sydney Swans in their South Melbourne heritage jumper.
City-South used to play in that one.
Copped a spanking too, must be something about wearing Red & White in the NTFL...
Devvo in their old Statewide jumper was a throwback, looked alright.

sportstalk07 said:
That was only a three-quarter time score, the ABC didn't have the final result from there, and as someone pointed out, it was wrong anyway.
Scottsdale took the points.

VFL - Round 14
{Full Time} Tasmania Devils 16.11 (107) - Box Hill 12.9 (81)

SFL Premier League - Round 14
{Full Time} Glenorchy 20.20 (140) - Brighton 1.5 (11)
{Full Time} Lauderdale 8.9 (57) - Hobart Lions 7.9 (51)

SFL Regional League - Round 14
{Full Time} Huonville Lions 16.15 (111) - Claremont 3.8 (26)
{Full Time} Sorell 17.13 (115) - Channel 8.12 (60)
{Full Time} Dodges Ferry 28.17 (185) - Triabunna 5.7 (37)
{Full Time} Cygnet 15.15 (105) - Central Hawks 6.4 (40)
{Full Time} Lindisfarne 13.9 (87) - Kermandie 6.12 (48)

NTFL - Round 16
{Full Time} Devonport 26.15 (171) - Sth Launceston 9.7 (61)
{Full Time} Launceston 40.28 (268) - East Devonport 2.5 (17)
{Full Time} Wynyard 13.11 (89) - Penguin 9.12 (66)
{Full Time} Ulverstone 25.20 (170) - Smithton 10.8 (68)
{Full Time} Latrobe 13.16 (94) - Nth Launceston 12.18 (90)

NTFA Division 1 - Round 13
{Full Time} George Town 11.10 (76) - Deloraine 9.10 (64)
{Full Time} Bridgenorth 19.14 (128) - Hillwood 6.12 (48)
{Full Time} Scottsdale 17.14 (116) - Rocherlea 12.12 (84)
{Full Time} Longford 17.9 (111) - Bracknell 9.8 (62)

NTFA Division 2 - Round 14
{Full Time} Fingal Valley 39.24 (258) - Campbell Town 6.6 (42)
{Full Time} Old Scotch 16.21 (117) - Tamar Cats 5.7 (37)
{Full Time} University-Mowbray 28.25 (193) - Old Launcestonians 5.5 (35)
{Sun 15th} Evandale - St Patrick's

NEFU
{Full Time} Ringarooma 14.13 (97) - Branxholm 13.14 (92).
{Full Time} Lilydale 18.18 (126) - Bridport 18.3 (111)
{Full Time} Scottsdale Crows 17.12 (114) - St Helens 10.8 (68)

Old Scholars FA
{Full Time} OHA 9.18 (72) - St Virgil's 4.9 (33)
{Full Time} DOSA 24.14 (158) - Richmond 14.8 (92)

Oatlands District FA
{Full Time} Swansea 28.18 (186) - Campania 3.6 (24)
{Full Time} Mt Pleasant 14.17 (101) - Ross 5.7 (37)

Wow, dont give any credit to Lauderdale now. Sounds like sour grapes!!!

Just speaking my mind...
If a side kicks 6 goals straight in muddy, choppy conditions, I query the oppositions committment...let's be honest.

And sour grapes....HA! I wouldn't have cared too much who won, I give my suggestions on who will win and if there's an upset, so be it, but in all honesty, to just concede 6 goals straight with total ease is alarming...especially when your a side thats sitting in the five two games clear.

A suggestion, read my blog on Monday/Tuesday...

Would not have been a nice to be at the TCA on a freezing, windy and wet day.
Heavy overnight and morning rain turning the ground into its usual mid winter quagmire.
Hobart don't have a great record against Lauderdale to be honest, especially in close ones, the Bombers (and the Cats before that) were always quite evenly matched with Hobart.
Isn't the first time Hobart has dropped a close one to the 'Dale at the TCA.
Lauderdale are a bit unpredictable, but when they turn up to play can match it with the other sides, Lions tend to lack concentration and won't put four quarters together.
Were ordinary against North for the better part, but got some momentum and pinched the game in the final seconds, drew away after a slowish start against Kingborough at The Dump and thought they would cruise through against Lauderdale, had them on toast, lost their concentration - and Bingo!
The 'Dale gets into it the contest, shows some passion and nicks the game. Lamprill must be tearing his hair out.
Did they get more than 100-people at that game?
That is people that weren't players.
It wouldn't inspire the players that match or give them much urgency when they have hardly anyone urging them on.

Think of the Sydney Swans in their South Melbourne heritage jumper.
City-South used to play in that one.
Copped a spanking too, must be something about wearing Red & White in the NTFL...
Devvo in their old Statewide jumper was a throwback, looked alright.

That was only a three-quarter time score, the ABC didn't have the final result from there, and as someone pointed out, it was wrong anyway.
Scottsdale took the points.

Total crowd prob about 200 tops, about half were players if that.
The most noise would have been from the 10 hardy souls on the hill all day

Hobart's run home is New Norfolk, Clarence, Brighton and Glenorchy
Lauderdale's run home is Brighton, Kingborough, Glenorchy and North Hobart
Hobart "should" hang onto fifth, but they're very vunerable, expect Hobart and Lauderdale each to be on 7 wins come Round 17

I'm surprised Andrew Lamprill didn't rip the walls out of the changerooms after the match, he delivered a very calm address, stateing his obvious disappointment, they just thought it was all going to happen after they led 35-10. Mind you, it wasn't the prettiest game, resembled a rugby maul for some of the first half. That sort of performance yesterday sums up Hobart's season in a real nutshell..

It just isn't too often that you see teams wearing alternate guernseys these days locally, so yeah, and crowd from Devonport?? Anyone?

Just stunned that Rocherlea managed to find their way to the goal mouth after last week's clean sheet against Roorat's Deloraine...:p

cheers to the two BigFooty heroes who approached me in town tonight :thumbsu:

Hang on, hang on, hang on!

You're telling me, 2 BigFooty heroes - whoever they were - have approached you in town last night ....... and you have rushed home to post it on here at 3 f....... 27am?

I think we need to have you seen to boy!

As for you Sportstalk07 - next time I'm listening to a Collingwood game on the radio and you interrupt it - DURING A F...... PASSAGE OF PLAY - with f...... SFL and NTFL scores, there will be consequences!

Thank your lucky stars you didn't mention the Devils!

Channel to beat Sorell? You're off your head, lad!

Speaking of Channel - Cadoras' people contacted my people during the week and notified that he will not be attending the Barge-Cadoras Cup clash this week at beautiful Abbotsfield Park!

Due to his advised non-attendance, the organisers of the Barge-Cadoras Cup - (ME) - have stripped the big C of the honour of having his name on this coveted piece of silverware, and on behalf of the respective combatants - the Claremont and Channel Football Clubs - and in consultation with a certain Channel defender (There was no consultation at all - he's finding out as he reads this!) have great delight in announcing to all SFL fans and Members of the BigFooty family that from this Saturday forward, all Claremont v Channel matches will now be contested for the .................

BARGE-SETLIKEJELLY CUP!

Forget the Peter Hudson Cup contested between the teams who wear the Claremont and Channel colours in the Premier League - this is the most coveted trophy in Tasmanian Football!

My contacts at Claremont also advise to book your tickets early due to the anticipated mammoth crowd this week, or alternatively, as used to be the norm at this venue in the old Southern Amateur Grand Finals - park your vehicle in the best position available on the eve of said clash.

As big as this announcement is, I have something far, far bigger to report.

HE'S BACK!

I was reading the sides in Friday's paper, and came across the name of a legend in the Triabunna Reserves!

Now I have heard reports they are cashed up (seriously!), but this one would have broken the bank!

There it was - plain as day - for all to see - named in his favourite position and all, was ..............

WILBUR35!

All I can say, as a former team mate of yours in black and white colours Wilbur, you make me sick, you sell out!

In 3 weeks time, when you take to Abbotsfield Park wearing that old replica Clarence guernsey, I pledge to have you physically broken in half!

Playing at Dodges yesterday, I'm sure Truck felt the same way as well!

Hang on, hang on, hang on!

You're telling me, 2 BigFooty heroes - whoever they were - have approached you in town last night ....... and you have rushed home to post it on here at 3 f....... 27am?

I think we need to have you seen to boy!

turned the laptop on to see who won the footy :eek:

no idea who they were, either

Just speaking my mind...
If a side kicks 6 goals straight in muddy, choppy conditions, I query the oppositions committment...let's be honest.

And sour grapes....HA! I wouldn't have cared too much who won, I give my suggestions on who will win and if there's an upset, so be it, but in all honesty, to just concede 6 goals straight with total ease is alarming...especially when your a side thats sitting in the five two games clear.

A suggestion, read my blog on Monday/Tuesday...

Well it appears that you are saying that Hobart lost it because of the way they played, and not the way Lauderdale played!

As for you Sportstalk07 - next time I'm listening to a Collingwood game on the radio and you interrupt it - DURING A F...... PASSAGE OF PLAY - with f...... SFL and NTFL scores, there will be consequences!

Thank your lucky stars you didn't mention the Devils!

Channel to beat Sorell? You're off your head, lad!

Awww, Bargey, I just forgot about the portable TV....

Well, you might as well accuse me of not tipping Cygnet and Lindisfarne then, and not tipping Lauderdale of course...

Channel just looked the better side from their last 2 weeks, good showing against Dodges and a win against Triabunna and thought that maybe, just maybe, they could pinch a win, especially when they were playing Sorell who headed into the game on a back of a 5 game slump.
Plus around this time last year I think for memory, Channel plucked a win against the Central Hawks....If I'm correct?
But hey, give the credit to Sorell, they played well, got a fair few breaks, and made the most of them. Still, they'll need to win their last 4 games to be a chance to qualify for the finals, and with Dodges (H), Triabunna (A), Lindisfarne (H) and Claremont (H) the run home, it isn't a simple task, but not impossible either.
Loss to Dodges next Saturday and that'll certainly be certains for Sorell's season.

And hey...how many blogs have I done mentioning the Devils anyway??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back