Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
being a former tassie boy, now applying my trade way out west of australia i still like to check out how my former clubs are going.

but i have noticed that because the tassie crabs(oops i mean devils):) are going about as good as fitzroy in 1996, that the southern football website has no up to date results or ladder in place (just another scott wade fcuk-up i suppose:thumbsdown:)

can anyone inform me of how i can obtain the premier, regional and osfa ladders

regards
cwp falcon :cool:

Old Scholars Ladders aren't online, but as of last Saturday (thanks to the Mercury)
Seniors Ladder (P-W-L-D-F-A-%-Pts)
Hutchins 15-12-3-0-1746-1015-172.0-48
DOSA 15-12-3-0-2012-1297-155.1-48
Richmond 15-9-6-0-1485-1496-99.3-36
University 15-6-8-1-1374-1648-83.4-26
OHA 15-4-11-0-1106-1567-70.6-16
St Virgils 15-1-13-1-1171-1931-60.6-6

Reserves Ladder
University 44 (158.3%); DOSA 40 (136.8%); Hutchins 40 (123.1%); St Virgils 28 (80.5%); OHA 20 (85.3%); Richmond 8 (52.25)

Then it wasn't an SFL survey then. Regional is every bit as much of the league as Premier ;)

Which club in the SFL do you think is spending most on its players? and a rough guess on how much for the year?
\

Not Channel, thats for sure. We are by far the poorest club in the comp, and spend by far the least on our players. Yet, we still get no help whatsoever form AFL Tas. They would be quite happy to see us roll over and die, especially considering what I have heard about their plan for the regional league to go back to 8 teams...

Which club in the SFL do you think is spending most on its players? and a rough guess on how much for the year?

North Hobart from Brighton and Cygnet at a guess.

Darcy on a rumoured $20,000 and Probert on $300 a game.

According to my sources!

Your thoughts on the mention of Brighton, monna?

Gilmour, Barwick and Salter alone would be more than most clubs total spending if the word on the street is accurate!

AFL Tas would be quite happy to see us roll over and die, especially considering what I have heard about their plan for the regional league to go back to 8 teams...

Welcome to being the new Claremont.

I found it most interesting that the other week in the paper when there was a story on the struggling Triabunna the SFL said "If it means Triabunna have to forfeit reserves games to survive then so be it" however I understand when Claremont almost fell over at the start of '05 they were told by the powers that be, that I think included the forgotten THIEF, that any Reserves forfeitures would result in their banning from the league.

Different rules for different fools. Just look at the North Hobart back in red and blue debacle.

Lindisfarne would be spending more than we all think too!

North Hobart from Brighton and Cygnet at a guess.

Darcy on a rumoured $20,000 and Probert on $300 a game.

According to my sources!

Your thoughts on the mention of Brighton, monna?

Gilmour, Barwick and Salter alone would be more than most clubs total spending if the word on the street is accurate!

Speaking of Barwick - apparently he was asked to kick the dew off with the Brighton 2's last weekend but politely declined the offer by failing to show up!!

Value for money?? :thumbsdown:

Great to see such superb accurate journalism in the Mercury today

"Chris Joyce takes a great grab over Kermandies Daniel Darouti"

That is Damien Harrison who is trying to punch the ball from behind with his eyes shut.

Barge,
Lindisfarne were crap for around 8 years and finally decided to get their act together by recruiting wisely over the last 3 years and results have started to improve.
They haven't gone out and bought superstar players but have spread the cash out across the board.
I pose this question to you: How much is Ben Atkin on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barge,
Lindisfarne were crap for around 8 years and finally decided to get their act together by recruiting wisely over the last 3 years and results have started to improve.
They haven't gone out and bought superstar players but have spread the cash out across the board.
I pose this question to you: How much is Ben Atkin on?

being a former magpie myself i must say that the Claremont ootball club i know is based on PRIDE, LOVE of the club & BEER! SO THEREFORE IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH OF WHAT bucket is earning that you ask

I found it most interesting that the other week in the paper when there was a story on the struggling Triabunna the SFL said "If it means Triabunna have to forfeit reserves games to survive then so be it" however I understand when Claremont almost fell over at the start of '05 they were told by the powers that be, that I think included the forgotten THIEF, that any Reserves forfeitures would result in their banning from the league.

Different rules for different fools. Just look at the North Hobart back in red and blue debacle.
Sounds suspiciously like the old Statewide League in 1997, when that bullying scumbag Michael Kent hounded Noel Gray Jnr (to the point of having a heart attack) and the Hobart Football Club with daily threats to kick them out of the league for any minor infractions, one such being a failure to field three teams for a roster round, with colts and reserve grade players not allowed to double up.
His threats were a complete load of bollocks, when later on that season Sandy Bay and one other club failed to field a colts team in at least two different rounds.
At least three other clubs used colts players doubling up in the reserves as well.
Their punishments? Nothing. Diddly squat!
They even disallowed Hobart's chairman of selectors Michael Edwards from signing up as a reserves player on some rediculous, never used technicality.
Even though the mid-30's Edwards had been a reserves player the previous year, and was only going to pull on the boots if numbers were absolutely needed.
It was noted around that time that North Launceston's chairman of selectors around then, one Robert Groenewegan was allowed to pull on a number 97 guernsey for the Robins in a reserves match at York Park because they were very short on numbers.
Guess what? No punishment....

Spot on Barge, one rule for one, one rule for another.

Just on Brighton, they'd have to be spending more than what they did a few years back, because when Angus Adams was voted off the board by HFC members and ended up on the board at Brighton, he stated that they had spent virtually nothing in the two years he had been there to that time.
Knowing him, it probably all went on Super Rules....

what can you guys tell me about the Triabunna player who was reported twice (once for king-hitting an opponent) on the weekend, yet will be allowed to play this weekend?

pulled a medical certificate out of his arse to get out of the tribunal hearing on Monday night, so he's available to play until his case is heard next week :eek:

what can you guys tell me about the Triabunna player who was reported twice (once for king-hitting an opponent) on the weekend, yet will be allowed to play this weekend?

pulled a medical certificate out of his arse to get out of the tribunal hearing on Monday night, so he's available to play until his case is heard next week :eek:

Dont tell me that was Mr Mills again?

Welcome to being the new Claremont.

I am hearing you there. We are in the same predicament at the moment. We are stuggling to fill the reserves side, but we are finding a team even if they are not at all competitive) because we know if we forfeit 1 reserves game, we will be booted out of the comp next season. I tell you what, it isn't easy to convince people to play for Channel reserves at Kermandie with a weather forecast of 10 degrees.

It does certainly seem to be different courses for different horses...

And the Triabunna player that got booked twice, could be any of about 10, they have some angry boys running around up there...

My sources tell me that there could be an announcement later on today about a state wide league being implemented as of next season!

ABC are reporting that 'demetriou has left the cheque book at home, but he is fully supportive of the implementation of a statewide league to improve the standard of footy in tas'

Are you saying that he is supportive but will not assist with funding? or wont assist with funding as yet??

The Triabunna player was Brent Anderton.

Millsy ran onto the ground and jobbed a couple but wasnt reported.

My sources tell me that there could be an announcement later on today about a state wide league being implemented as of next season]

If this is the case, lets hope that the devils concept is finished. We already have to many good players who dont want to play or have the time that is required.

All the money goes straight to them,, so if the AFL gives money to football tasmania it will go to the devils,and the clubs will be forced to fend for themselves.

A statewide competion would have the same problems.. money travel and lack of supporters that are willing to travel.

Although the premier league has a gap between the top teams and the bottom teams, it is gradually becoming more even e.g Glenorchy beating Brighton by 1 point and N Hobart beating Kingbourgh by 19 points. It was always going to take a few years before it evened up.

Who would be the southern teams involved and what would happen to the others????

I bet the sides like Hobart, Kingbourgh, Lauderdale New Norfolk and Brighton wouldnt be real impressed, dont forget that the SFL had no choice in bringing the old statewide teams into there competion when it fell over. If they go into another statewide competion and it falls over again they might not take them back.... and they shouldnt either.

Below is a post I made to my blog at http://www.menzza.com on June 18th about extra money coming into the association and the dilema of umpiring at the moment especially in the regional league.

Umpiring Woes

On the back of a new advertising campaign by AFL Tasmania asking for people with a love of football to take up umpiring, AFL Tasmania general manager Scott Wade pulled the whistle out on the weekend to officiate in a premier league under 19's game.
Only last week in the Tasmania V's Queensland game it was reported that the loss could be used as a bargaining chip to receive extra funding from the AFL. I just hope that if the extra funding is received then a large percentage is used on umpire development and pay rates.
I understand that umpires are short on numbers and they are struggling, well they are definitely struggling in quality especially in the regional league were reserves games are boundary umpired by the players on the field. These issues could even come down to duty of care with not enough eyes watching the game to catch the behind the play incidents.
The field umpiring in the senior grade of the regional league is also lacking. When did kicking in danger drop from the rule book, when did high profile players get special treatment only due to their profile and when does an umpire with a distant connection (still a connection) to one team officiate in a game with that team.
I understand that umpires are only human and they make mistakes, they operate under pressure especially from some teams coaches and spectators that can act in a feral way. I just hope if some of this extra funding comes through that a good percentage goes to the umpiring groups around the state on upping their numbers (larger Payments) and by developing these umpires into good officials that are not swayed by outside influences.
The first lesson to being the best you can be is learning from your mistakes, and not making them again. Well trying not too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back