Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFL Ladders:

Glenorchy 50, North Hobart 44, Clarence 40, Hobart 32, Lauderdale 26, New Norfolk 20, Kingborough 8, Brighton 4

Lindisfarne 60, Dodges 44, Huonville 40, Sorell 38 (127), Kermandie 38 (116), Claremont 36, Cent Hawks 20, Cygnet 12, Triabunna 12, Channel 0

NTFL yesterday saw Burnie thump Devonport at West Park, Latrobe squeaked out a 50-odd point win over Wynyard, North L'ton got a unconvincing 69 point win against East Dport and South got the big upset by 3 points against Ulverstone after trailing by 54 early in the third quarter.

Ladder: Launceston 56, Burnie 52, Ulverstone 40, South L'ton 36, North L'ton 36, Latrobe 36, Smithton 24, Devonport 20, Penguin 8, Easts 4, Wynyard 4

NTFA Div 1 saw Deloraine's finals hope go as they lost by 24 to Bracknell, Rocherlea gave Hillwood a 125 point thumping and David Wickham got 11 goals for his 100th for the year, George Town got the dough against Bridgenorth by 46 and Scottsdale defeated Longford as Longford committed total indiscipline to cost them top spot, losing by 19.

Ladder: George Town 48, Longford 40, Bracknell 36, Scottsdale 32, Rocherlea 28, Deloraine 20, Bridgenorth 20, Hillwood 0

NTFA Div 2 and Fingal move to the top after a 9 point win against the Tamar Cats, Uni-Mowbray handed OL's the spoon after a 153 point hiding (OL's just 2.6-18). Perth thumped Evandale as expected by 146 and Old Scotch gave St Pats a 74 point touchup in one of the worst displays of umpiring ever witnessed, so bad I've seen junior umpires do better!

Ladder: Fingal 44, Perth 40 (186), Tamar Cats 40 (161), Old Scotch 40 (153), St Pats 32, Uni-Mowbray 12, Evandale 12, OL's 4

is this kid that good?

saw abit of him on the news..good jump and good kick!

how'd he end up going?

i saw he got in the best

Yes.

I got on this kid 3 years ago after seeing him play School footy for Rosetta Primary.

Called it at the time that he would play AFL, and atm, it looks very likely.

He couldnt fly interstate because of family reasons. it was in the paper

Oh, didn't see that. Only read that he was unavailable.

Re: this 15 year old for North Hobart, do I assume correctly that is S. Darley?

Do I also assume correctly he is related to formerNorth Hobart stalwart Rick Darley?

Oh, didn't see that. Only read that he was unavailable.

Re: this 15 year old for North Hobart, do I assume correctly that is S. Darley?

Do I also assume correctly he is related to formerNorth Hobart stalwart Rick Darley?

Yes, Sam Darley.

Dont know about his family football heritage.

I do know he is a gun.

For those boasting about calling Darley as a future AFL player - everyone has already - the kid has poise beyond his years, can kick goals with ease and is just a class above.

Umpired him about 5 times over the past 2 years myself, and I had him pencilled in as AFL material too.

Don't pat yourself on the back if you've seen him and pencilled him down, bash yourself on the head if you've seen him and didn't have him down as a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm willing to put Darley in my Supercoach team now.. Even though he won't score a point for a few years to come.. He'll be better than Andrew McLeod's -2 on the weekend..

Mav's been a gun for a long while too. Known him since my Little Athletics at Penguin days, so nearly ten years now.

Must say I don't like the bloke, which means he probably will make AFL level, because the majority of them are absolute w***ers.

Jack Reiwoldt is a prime example of this.

Mav's been a gun for a long while too. Known him since my Little Athletics at Penguin days, so nearly ten years now.

Must say I don't like the bloke, which means he probably will make AFL level, because the majority of them are absolute w***ers.

mav has matured alot in the last couple of years, he is very humble now

Mentioning Riewoldt just provoked a thought in my poor performing mind.. Both him and Garland have both been boundary umpires in their younger days.. Could this be the new pathway to AFL stardom?

Jack will back himself - no doubt. But a terrific young fella.

I think we should rename this the Sam Darley thread....

Anyway thoughts on this weekend are:

SFL Premier League Round 15
Clarence v Glenorchy at Bellerive (Glenorchy by 46): As always there will be some feeling between these two rivals, but Glenorchy to settle down and get the points.

Lauderdale v Kingborough at Lauderdale (Lauderdale by 63): If they are fair dinkum about finals, they'll come out guns blazing against the 'Bourgh.

North Hobart v New Norfolk at League HQ (North Hobart by 51): Dee's are just too hot to handle at the moment.

Brighton v Hobart at Pontville (Hobart by 130): Hobart should redeem themselves for their Round 1 loss here, Brighton's only win of the year.
Ladder: Glenorchy 50, North Hobart 44, Clarence 40, Hobart 32, Lauderdale 26, New Norfolk 20, Kingborough 8, Brighton 4

SFL Regional League Round 16

Lindisfarne v Dodges Ferry at ANZAC Park (Lindisfarne by 29): A grand final preview potentially in store, Lindisfarne to win a shootout.

Cygnet v Claremont at Port Park (Claremont by 31): The Mont "should" get back among the top 5 with the points here

Kermandie v Central Hawks at Geeveston (Kermandie by 57): Hawks too inconsistent, facing Kermandie who are starting to turn at the right end of the season.

Huonville v Sorell at Wilmot Road (Sorell by 4): Unless Joyce fires up, Huonville will lose a close one. Huonville need one more win to really secure a finals spot

Channel v Triabunna at Snug Park (Triabunna by 44): Channel's last realistic chance of a win this season.
Ladder: Lindisfarne 60, Dodges 44, Huonville 40, Sorell 38, Kermandie 38, Claremont 36, Cent Hawks 20, Cygnet 12, Triabunna 12, Channel 0

NTFL Round 17
Burnie v Launceston at West Park (Launceston by 27): Derba is back! Launceston looking good for a top show here at Arctic Park

North L'ton v South L'ton at Aurora Stadium (South by 17): Always a tough tight game, but South will be bouyed by their upset last week of Ulverstone.

East D'Port v Devonport at Girdlestone Park (Devonport by 33): Devonport will fall over the line and give Reissig a win before he goes overseas next year.

Wynyard v Smithton at Austin Street (Smithton by 19): These matches are always tight and tend to surprise, but Smithton to hang on

Penguin v Ulverstone at Pirtek Oval, Sunday (Ulverstone by 140): They will be ruthless!
Bye: Latrobe
Ladder: Launceston 56, Burnie 52, Ulverstone 40, South L 36 (123), North L 36 (112), Latrobe 36 (107), Smithton 24, Devonport 20, Penguin 8, Easts 4, Wynyard 4

NTFA Division 1 Round 15
Bracknell v Scottsdale at Redleg Hill (Bracknell by 9): Winner gets third spot and Bracknell might get the dough at home

Rocherlea v Deloraine at Rocherlea (Rocherlea by 14): "Should" seal up fifth spot with a tight win, unless Roorat works his magic ;)

George Town v Hillwood at Blue Gum Park (George Town by 150): Saints are far too superior against the Sharks...

Bridgenorth v Longford at The Nest (Longford by 7): Tigers to win, but not before the Parrots give them a real shake!
Ladder: George Town 48, Longford 40, Bracknell 36, Scottsdale 32, Rocherlea 28, Deloraine 20, Bridgenorth 20, Hillwood 0

NTFA Division 2 Round 15 (second last round)
Fingal v Uni-Mowbray at The Valley (Fingal by 55): Two very crucial games for the Blues, this one and Perth next week, which they should win both.

OL's v Evandale at Invermay Park (Evandale by 130): By default really...
Reserves game might be worth watching, starts at 12, both those teams are playing for fifth spot

Old Scotch v Perth at NTCA (Scotch by 23): Perth suffering a bit of complacency after 301 and 146 point wins against feeble opposition in the last few weeks. They'll be tested against real opposition today.

St Pats v Tamar Cats at The Beach (Tamar by 58): If St Pats play like they did against Scotch, they'll have no chance.
Ladder: Fingal 44, Perth 40 (186), Tamar 40 (161), Scotch 40 (153), St Pats 32, Uni-Mowbray 12, Evandale 12, OL's 4

The wrapup, with ladders to follow...
SFL Premier League saw Glenorchy blitz Clarence to win by 10 goals, Hobart solid 110 point winners against Brighton, Lauderdale an even half century win over Kingborough and North Hobart maul New Norfolk by 115.

Ladder: Glenorchy 54, North Hobart 48, Clarence 40, Hobart 36, Lauderdale 30, New Norfolk 20, Kingborough 8, Brighton 4

SFL Regional League and Chris Joyce had a day out on Sorell, kicking 6 goals in the first term and setting up a 95 point thumping on Sorell. Claremont easy 75 point winners on Cygnet, Kermandie with nine goals to one in the first term gave the Hawks a 82 point touchup, Triabunna prevented Channel's first win to get home by 33 and Lindisfarne outlasted Dodges to get a 5 goal win.

Ladder: Lindisfarne 64, Dodges Ferry 44 (171), Huonville 44 (144), Kermandie 42, Claremont 40, Sorell 38, Central Hawks 20, Triabunna 16, Cygnet 12, Channel 0

NTFL and Burnie broke Launceston's winning streak to get home by 16, North kept South L'ton to 5 goals 15, while streaking to a 69 point win, Smithton thumped Wynyard by an even 20 goals and Devonport were good 47 point winners against East Devonport.
Penguin/Ulverstone play tommorrow, Latrobe has the bye

Ladder: Launceston 56 (263), Burnie 56 (193), Ulverstone 40 (161), North L'ton 40 (116), South L'ton 36 (116), Latrobe 36 (107), Smithton 28, Devonport 24, Penguin 8, East Devonport 4, Wynyard 4

NTFA Division One and Rocherlea sealed a top five finals berth with a 50 point win over Deloraine, Scottsdale totally outplayed Bracknell to win by 37, as Josh Adams and Aiden Fleming will be both under injury clouds, George Town mauled Hillwood by 210 and Longford were very ugly 10 point winners against Bridgenorth.
Ladder: George Town 52, Longford 44, Scottsdale 36 (129), Bracknell 36 (109), Rocherlea 32, Deloraine 20, Bridgenorth 20, Hillwood 0

NTFA Division Two was a lop sided affair, Fingal 91 point winners on Uni-Mowbray, Evandale thrashing OL's by 143, Old Scotch slaughtered Perth by 71 and Tamar Cats did the deed on St Pats by 180.
Ladder: Fingal 48 (179), Tamar Cats 44 (174), Old Scotch 44 (156), Perth 40 (173), St Pats 32, Evandale 16, Uni-Mowbray 12, OL's 0
Next week is Division Two final Round: Perth v Fingal, Tamar Cats v OL's, Evandale v Old Scotch, Uni-Mowbray v St Pats

son of rick darley correct.
im a relation, the kid sleeps with a football and doesnt go a day without kicking one. when he could kick dead straight on both right and left foot at 10yrs old i started picturing the AFL guernsey on his back. he can kick goals from beyond 50 and win sprint titles in highschool.
if he keeps his head on straight theres a very big future ahead of the kid.

son of rick darley correct.
im a relation, the kid sleeps with a football and doesnt go a day without kicking one. when he could kick dead straight on both right and left foot at 10yrs old i started picturing the AFL guernsey on his back. he can kick goals from beyond 50 and win sprint titles in highschool.
if he keeps his head on straight theres a very big future ahead of the kid.
sam kicked 6 in u/19,s yesterday & bog. kids an absolute gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back