Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this will just be dismissed by you blokes on this forum. Barge - that comment was directed at you.

But it might interest you to know that on the back of the second half of last season, we as a playing group made a commitment to each other that we were going to stick together for another year.

Trust me, some of our players have been approached by other clubs offering obscene amounts per game and declined, to play with their mates. These are amounts that you could possible quite your job over.

Maybe, just maybe, we want to play together.

Pfffffft....don't single out Barge Menz. Ask anyone who has been involved with footy for any length of time and they all know the Farne dish out the cash. Has gone on for years and continues to the day.

This is not to say the current group aren't a good bunch of blokes and they enjoy playing together, they clearly do (helps when you're winning), but the cash is being dished out.

Ask Geroge about the Farne and their cash offers....

Enjoyed every second of that...never seen a North v South game (been up here since 1996), grew up at York Park looking just like it did in the vid, some old commentators and faces I enjoyed listening to back then, and to top it off, just like Jackson said, how good is it to beat the F###ing South by a point, especially after a contentious umpiring decision!!! Beaten AND pi$$ed off...that's how I like my Southerners...!

I kid coz I love...:D

I know this will just be dismissed by you blokes on this forum. Barge - that comment was directed at you.

But it might interest you to know that on the back of the second half of last season, we as a playing group made a commitment to each other that we were going to stick together for another year.

Trust me, some of our players have been approached by other clubs offering obscene amounts per game and declined, to play with their mates. These are amounts that you could possible quite your job over.

Maybe, just maybe, we want to play together.

A guy that works with the old man is on a $170 a game at the farne, Not bad cash for a few hours work

So which team are you from dipstick? Beulah, Hopetoun, Jeparit Rainbow, Ouyen United, Sea Lake/Nandaly Tigers, Walpeup Underbool and Woomelang Lascelles. WTF!!

Anyone related to me is gonna be hot - all 480 000 of them...

More productive than slapping on the vass and hunting for treasure at the Mardi Gra...I'd imagine the ability to walk, let alone the urge to kick a footy or start a competitive league, would diminish a bit after that...no wonder NSW sucks at footy that doesn't involve butt-sniffing...

Nice to see the Rudd/Howard/Keating/Hawke/Fraser government's investments in education and training in literacy for the future of Australia has paid dividends.

Sorry bud, I'd argue with you more, but me sister is laying in her bed and we're in our farmhouse at Black Bob's and aww geee (I sound like Phil Cleary here) she's lookin' pwetty damn tops!! :p Bombs away....

hahaha roorat! fire up! haha! thought u fellas wood be used to these taunts and insults. obviously i was wrong.

A guy that works with the old man is on a $170 a game at the farne, Not bad cash for a few hours work

I've been interested in this arguement about player payments etc. and Lindisfarne. Surely all SFL clubs both Senior and Regional would pay ok? $170 is ok, but that would be only a mid tier player presumabley?

Just going on what i was paid when at the top of my game, and i earnt about a third of what some "top line" recruits were payed in country footy in the North, i'd say teams haven't even kept pace with inflation if 170 is considered good money.

Another question, Is the salary cap scrutinized very heavily within the sfl? The ntfl seem to, but of course there are always ways and means.........

H,

There's players at Lindisfarne, and all other SFL clubs for that matter (With the possible exception of Channel) on more than $170 a game.

That having been said, I reckon the majority of players in both leagues would be on a fair whack less than that. It's my understanding that most clubs operate on a $x for a win, $y for a loss payment system, at least for most of their players.

Salary Cap? If you believe what you hear on the Bush Telegraph, quite a few clubs would blow the Salary Cap clean out of the water! I'd be surprised if it was even looked at past clubs submitting to the SFL their total player payments. I'm pretty confident when I say the SFL would look at the TPP's, see that they don't breach the cap and look at them no further.

I remember in the old Southern Amateurs in the mid 90's there were of course the "top line" country recruits as you call them on the big dollars and the majority of the remainder on nothing.

Rumour was at the time, and bear in mind this is close to 15 years ago, Clay King went from New Norfolk to Mangalore (Brighton) for anywhere up to $350 per game depending on who you listened to!

Hidden payments - and Menz, this has nothing to do with what you and I have discussed privately - would in my opinion be rife and going on more than everybody thinks.

How I under estimated Hobart Lions this year all credit must go to the coach and players because I for one did not even think they would make the five ,great effort and poor judgement by me, Lauderdale Bombers my tip to be big improvers are big duds. Anybody got ideas on SFL rep game selections or does nobody care.

How I under estimated Hobart Lions this year all credit must go to the coach and players because I for one did not even think they would make the five ,great effort and poor judgement by me, Lauderdale Bombers my tip to be big improvers are big duds. Anybody got ideas on SFL rep game selections or does nobody care.

Lauderdale drew with Glenorchy, lost to Nth Hobart by 10 pts and lost to Clarence by 9 pts. All top 3 last year. How does that make them duds?

Lauderdale drew with Glenorchy, lost to Nth Hobart by 10 pts and lost to Clarence by 9 pts. All top 3 last year. How does that make them duds?

Lauderdale will come home with a wet sail, scape into the five and beat Hobart in the first week of finals.

Having said that Hobart are playing great footy. They reckon the coach is a beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Is that you, Todd Lewis?

Have they made the FINAL five yet?

2) I don't know that anybody does?!

Umps plug

Just saw Umpire "Footy" running around in the 18's carnival. Must be doing alright.

2nd best at center bouncers in the state!

In regards to the NTFA Div 2 ladder, I think Uni Mowbray have another 4pts as Fingal fielded an unregistered player in round 1, I think they got caught out and lost their points. Could make things interesting if Uni can sneak into the 5.

There is some genuine talent about at that club, Lenton, Wadley and Symmonds can all play.

In regards to the NTFA Div 2 ladder, I think Uni Mowbray have another 4pts as Fingal fielded an unregistered player in round 1, I think they got caught out and lost their points. Could make things interesting if Uni can sneak into the 5.

There is some genuine talent about at that club, Lenton, Wadley and Symmonds can all play.

Which one? Uni Mowbray have two of them (Cam and Alex). They are both fairly even IMO. And if the B&F was held tommorrow, Lenton would be about the top 10.

Tips for this weekend (No NTFL this week)

SFL Premier League
New Norfolk v North Hobart at Boyer (New Norfolk by 17)
Glenorchy v Clarence at KGV (Glenorchy by 44)
Kingborough v Lauderdale at Kingston Beach (Lauderdale by 25)
Hobart v Brighton at TCA (Hobart by 150)

SFL Regional League
Claremont v Channel at Abbotsfield Park (Claremont by 195)
Central Hawks v Huonville at Bothwell (Hawks by 33)
Kermandie v Cygnet at Geeveston (Kermandie by 29)
Sorell v Dodges Ferry at Pembroke Park (Sorell by 7)
Triabunna v Lindisfarne at The Bunna (Lindisfarne by 115)

NTFL No Games this week
Rep Game - Football North v WA Amateurs at Devonport, Sunday 2pm (WA Amateurs by 21)

NTFA Division One
George Town v Deloraine at Blue Gum Park (George Town by 49)
Bridgenorth v Hillwood at Parrot Park (Bridgenorth by 33)
Rocherlea v Scottsdale at Rocherlea (Rocherlea by 22)
Bracknell v Longford at Redleg Hill (Longford by 19)

NTFA Division Two
Tamar Cats v St Pats at Beauty Point (Tamar by 33)
Evandale v OL's at Morven Park (Evandale by 47)
Perth v Old Scotch at Perth (Perth by 1)
Uni-Mowbray v Fingal at University (Fingal by 26)

Hidden payments - and Menz, this has nothing to do with what you and I have discussed privately - would in my opinion be rife and going on more than everybody thinks.

I heard a this on the radio the other day referring to the blues golden era:

"The second highest player at Carlton was Gregg Williams's wife"

It was also stated that Garry Ablett's partner was employed by Ford, in some capacity. True or not I don't know, but good work if you can get it.

To you barge: I would imagine it would happen at the majority of clubs.

Economics I suppose, any player worth a pinch and a lot not have shopped themselves around since Tich Edwards was kicking the dew off Boyer Oval.

I would imagine that most Regional league clubs only play the senior 21, so at the end the day you could have a club with 40 decent players on $120 a game and still come under the salary cap.

Duff,

Well done on your efforts to promote footy especially Junior/grass roots footy.

Anyone that doesn't know, Duff and his assistants will be filming 13 games of junior footy this Sunday for the under 8's gala day at North Hobart.

To you barge: I would imagine it would happen at the majority of clubs.

I would imagine that most Regional league clubs only pay the senior 21, so at the end the day you could have a club with 40 decent players on $120 a game and still come under the salary cap.

Firstly lil buddy, it's Barge with a Capital B and secondly I'm very disappointed that in their hour of need you're on here instead of giving your undivided attention (Good Evening, Mr Strochnetter!) to the struggling Bombers!

As for the bolded part, are you saying/implying that there are Regional League clubs - Lindisfarne perhaps one of them (you'd know better than any of us) that pay their Reserves players?

I was told by what I wouldn't call a reliable source that Leigh Proud is possibly getting financially rewarded to play for the Blues in the early game?

Surely not?

Duff,

Well done on your efforts to promote footy especially Junior/grass roots footy.

Anyone that doesn't know, Duff and his assistants will be filming 13 games of junior footy this Sunday for the under 8's gala day at North Hobart.

Thanks Menza, well we love what we do and I am very lucky to have a dedicated crew behind me.

I haven't had time to keep up to date with the posting of clips as all to date has been done unfunded.

Very time consuming stuff this video.

Off to film Sorell and Dodges today.

Barge, yes I will post those R3 Claremont highlights!

Wrapping up todays proceedings:
SFL Premier League
North Hobart got their first win at Boyer for a number of seasons after they beat New Norfolk by 12 points. Glenorchy maintained top spot on the ladder after they defeated Clarence by 21 points at KGV. Kingborough had another close run loss, this time against Lauderdale by 9 points at the Beach, and Hobart were comfortable 100 point winners on Brighton at the TCA

Ladder: Glenorchy 30, Hobart 24, Clarence 20 (138.1), North Hobart 20 (127.6), Lauderdale 14, New Norfolk 12, Kingborough 4 (71.9), Brighton 4 (36.2)

SFL Regional League
Claremont continued Channel's misery with a 171 point thumping of the Saints at Abbotsfield Park. Huonville led by Chris Joyce gave the Hawks a 46 point pounding at Bothwell. Kermandie withstood a 11 goal final term surge from Cygnet to win by 32 at Geeveston. Lindisfarne got their 9th win from 9 with a 84 point win over Triabunna while Dodges Ferry pipped Sorell in a 1 point thriller at Pembroke Park.

Ladder: Lindisfarne 36, Claremont 28, Dodges 24 (155.7), Huonville 24 (139.3), Sorell 24 (134.8), Kermandie 20, Central Hawks 12, Triabunna 8, Cygnet 4, Channel 0.

No NTFL matches as they have a weekend off (Tommorrow @ Devonport: Football North u23 v WA Amateurs)

NTFA Division One saw George Town keep Deloraine goalless for 3 quarters to record a huge 126 point win at Blue Gum Park to move to the top of the ladder. Bridgenorth won against Hillwood by 57 points, consigning the Sharks virtually to the wooden spoon. Rocherlea were comfortable 67 point victors over Scottsdale, while an inaccurate Longford (who kicked 10.24) went under to Bracknell at Redleg Hill by 1 point.

Ladder: George Town 32, Longford 28, Rocherlea 24, Scottsdale 16 (106.0), Bracknell 16 (95.5), Deloraine 16 (86.2), Bridgenorth 12, Hillwood 0

NTFA Division Two had Tamar Cats return to the winners list in a big way at Beauty Point, sending St Pats packing by 92 points. Evandale won their battle of the cellar dwellers against OL's by 12 points at Morven Park. An undermanned Old Scotch defeated Perth in a thrilling 10 point win while Fingal cruised to a 42 point win over Uni.

Ladder: Old Scotch 24 (156.6), Fingal 24 (143.0), Perth 20 (152.1), Tamar Cats 20 (135.9), St Pats 20 (99.2), Uni-Mowbray 8 (74.3), Evandale 8 (55.6), OL's 4

Re: Umps plug

The same Footy 5 posts above you Duff?

He's a gun.

Then I saw a game from the G and there he was again!

Just on the umps, I was at Sorell and there was a ball up 10m's in from the boundry and 15m from the past players do they were having. A member from the bar yelled out "Are you still umpiring Harris"? Answer was "yes".

All laughed. Very funny at the time. Seems people enjoy their regional footy.

It was a good game that could have gone either way. Dodges had a sniff, their bigger naems stood up, O'Neill drilled one with a few mins left and Dodges got up.

It hurt Sorell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back