News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is not much difference between the two offers he will choice Geelong because his family and friends are there.

Fair enough, you can't say Geelong is an undesirable destination for a young kid, neither are we but the fact is he is moving back to be closer to family and friends so Geelong best suits that.

But Varcoe won't get it done unless GWS have rocks in their heads.

All you guys panicking about Adams possibly going to the Cats please watch the Copeland speeches.

We want guys who are passionate about playing for the jumper, THAT'S what builds long term success.

Spot on mate, Collingwood has always been about pride in the jumper and the club came first and foremost, the players of the past always revered the club and our history not the other way around, until recently.
Even during our lean times (The Tony Shaw years) we were pretty poor player wise and copped a few hidings but the players felt, and they still had a crack, even if not good enough.

That is what Collingwood is about, each and every player needs to understand how damn privelleged they are to pull on that jumper.
This way of thinking has fallen away somewhat, for what reason i can't really pin point but i am sure media and money has a fair bit to do with it, although this probably affects only certain individuals, the ones that either need shipping out or an attitude re-alignment.

Adams will be a Pie, don't worry.

The only thing holding the deal up at the moment is Heath Shaw, if Heath agrees to got to GWS (who are offering him massive money and a long term contract) then it will be a relatively straight swap.

If not then the deal may be delayed even further but Hine may have to give up one of those coveted first rounders for him.

How do you know this?

Adams wants to come home, why wouldn't he come all the way home to Geelong?

agree...the harsh reality is that many of us (including me) really don't know anything. Which is why Oct is the craziest time in the BF calendar

The problem is that many just believe everything that's written without using there critical thinking and then it snowballs. For instance half the posts in this thread since the article came out are from posters that clearly haven't read the article yet have conceded defeat to Geelong. This then infects the logical posters who's opinions start to waiver because the masses get sucked in.

It's why I hate this time of year. Generally BF is good for the odd nugget of reliable info but this time of year they become harder and harder to find because of all the other rubbish floating around...

I'm in Geelong now and the so called Addy is so one eyed Geelong they can say what they like, reading it, it didn't come across anything more than a writers view which is Geelong centric, having said that the hype around Adams is clear over rated !

They are saying clubs a re lining up for Chapman and Varcoe now will. Help get Adams? How ?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

How do you know this?

This, this right here is what I was referring to. Jonno has convinced himself that Adams is Geelong bound. He therefore demands more info of someone that generally has solid form on this sort of thing.

BTW definitely not having a go Jonno it's just the nature of many posters during the off-season :thumbsu:

The problem is that many just believe everything that's written without using there critical thinking and then it snowballs. For instance half the posts in this thread since the article came out are from posters that clearly haven't read the article yet have conceded defeat to Geelong. This then infects the logical posters who's opinions start to waiver because the masses get sucked in.

It's why I hate this time of year. Generally BF is good for the odd nugget of reliable info but this time of year they become harder and harder to find because of all the other rubbish floating around...

Ha!- I actually don't mind it. It gives us a chance to fulfill our fantasies to shape our team's list. Unfortunately many of us are guilty of overvaluing our own players and throw up scenarios which would get laughed at in real life (one of my faves was Sidebottom and Witts in exchange for pick 1).

Rather than getting frustrated I see it as a chance to get insights into opposition players and the list needs of other clubs.

If there is not much difference between the two offers he will choice Geelong because his family and friends are there.

Fair enough, you can't say Geelong is an undesirable destination for a young kid, neither are we but the fact is he is moving back to be closer to family and friends so Geelong best suits that.

I live in Geelong and it's not that far away from the Westpac Centre (and I commute everyday). If the choice was St Kilda/Seaford or Geelong it would be simpler but being based in Melbourne doesn't mean he's cut off from Geelong mates. In the end Adams' decision will be based on which club he feels more comfortable with.

Mass Hysteria (or I read it on the internet so it must be true).

Adams will be a Pie, don't worry.

The only thing holding the deal up at the moment is Heath Shaw, if Heath agrees to got to GWS (who are offering him massive money and a long term contract) then it will be a relatively straight swap.

If not then the deal may be delayed even further but Hine may have to give up one of those coveted first rounders for him.

I still worry about Geelong as his Family is from Torquey and Was a Geelong Fan as a Kid.

How can you be so sure. It seems it is all up to Heater

How do you know this?

Spot what I was Thinking. Grew Up and Supported Geelong. That is a Massive Pull.

Have you know Adams has made his Descion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Settle Dave.

IMO, I'm not overly fussed at all if we miss out on Adams.

Personally, I'm of the belief that we have a surplus of midget type mids and players as it is.

If he comes, I have faith the recruiting staff know what they are doing, if he doesn't it's not the be all end all.

Best case scenario that I can see right now is straight swap for Heater and we keep picks 10 and 11. Hine can get us two quality kids with two picks in a row like that - there will be some top shelf talent available at that point.

Fingers crossed both players are happy with a swap.

Or the deal could be shaw and pick 11 for adams and pick 9 ;-) stuff em

Na Adams only played two ok years, Shaw has proved to be grand-final winning star so if Paul Roos thinks he is best 3 hbf players in the comp well coaches love good back-men more than mids. so stuff em be greedy and get pick 9 to.

I reckon that Adams has a little bit more trade value than Shaw. Something like Shaw and our second rounder for Adams and their 3rd rounder seems reasonable to me.

Still works for me as we keep the two first round picks.

3rd rounder for White, but if we couldn't make the White deal happen and we got Adams I could live with that.

It's got to suit GWS too. Adams clearly is not obsessing about going to Geelong, it strikes me that he'd be happy to go to Collingwood. In fact only today he tweeted his praise of Nick Maxwell as a captain.

In that instance, we just have to offer something better than Geelong to GWS. Don't think that will be too hard.

I wish it could all hurry up and be done with being so hectic waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back