News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight swap surely the most likely. Only thing stopping that is if he selects the cars. If that happens we won't get him but we'll get a pick and they'll take the cats pick 16. I'm probably pointing out the obvious though. :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If Shaw chooses the Cats we should basically tell him no. It would be such a bad move for us in so many ways. Not only do we give one of our competitors for a flag a top player, but if we don't have Shaw to trade to GWS Adams may then choose Geelong also.

So if Shaw chooses the Cats we should simply say no, which is our right.

If Shaw chooses the Cats we should basically tell him no. It would be such a bad move for us in so many ways. Not only do we give one of our competitors for a flag a top player, but if we don't have Shaw to trade to GWS Adams may then choose Geelong also.

So if Shaw chooses the Cats we should simply say no, which is our right.

If we are being realistic we aren't a competitor for a flag next year

finished 8th this year and lose plenty of experience in the off season

I have no problem with shaw going to hawthorn or geelong as he can only give them 1-2 great years and in that time we will be rebuilding

Don't think we should be getting greedy, Adams is probably already worth more than shaw considering shaw only has 2-3 good years left
Tend to agree. They are getting a gun older backman, we are getting a promising and semi proven young mid. Tough to expect more than a straight swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I posted how scary this would be the other day.

9- Kade Kolodjashnij
10- Matt Crouch
11- Marcus Bontempelli

Damn that looks good.

Are they all midfielders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Adams actually any good? I don't know much about him at all?

Heater is one of the best defenders in the AFL, yes the age bracket does even up the currency but I get the feeling that Adams has been overrated.

The only thing that gives me confidence is that the Cats are also chasing him. It it was Tigers or Dees then I would be seriously concerned about this trade

i've heard kolodjashnif is very similar to birchall

Am I the only one who thinks we need to seriously go hard at KPF?
Or is there a gem in next years draft we have our eyes on?

Am I the only one who thinks we need to seriously go hard at KPF?
Or is there a gem in next years draft we have our eyes on?

This year is a shit year for KPF, definitely a midfielders draft

next year has far better KPP prospects plus darcy moore (F/S) who could be of interest

If we are being realistic we aren't a competitor for a flag next year

finished 8th this year and lose plenty of experience in the off season

I have no problem with shaw going to hawthorn or geelong as he can only give them 1-2 great years and in that time we will be rebuilding

I completely dis-agree. We finshed 8th because we were terrbile in the final but realistically a clip up against the Gold coast(we would have beaten nth if not for a dead rubber) cost us a top 4 spot. We had great wins again the cats and swans. Other than Shaw we have not lost anyone who had an impact on last season. Coming back in we have Fasolo, Toovey, Young and Beams(who only played a handful of games) If we possibly add Adams, White and Henderson this is potentialy 7 players who could come into our best 22 and at worst our best 25.

We are also very young and I would expect a reasonable amount of improvement from within the group and I can't see too many blokes going backwards.

Furthermore Its well publicised that many players where selfish and below their best. I don't expect any team to be outstanding next year(in the same way Geelong dominated 07-09)

I think we are definately in contention if we have a good run with injury and Bucks gets them playing their best.

This year is a shit year for KPF, definitely a midfielders draft

next year has far better KPP prospects plus darcy moore (F/S) who could be of interest

Thanks Blaze... Thought as much but wasn't sure.
What round are we going to be made to take Moore if he keeps tracking on current trend?

What round are we going to be made to take Moore if he keeps tracking on current trend?

At the start of 2013 most people were saying he is a 1st round prospect, however he has had serious hip surgery this year and struggled when he has come back

It's probably too early to say, 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds are all still realistic outcomes depending on how he goes in 2014

He's no certainty to be drafted from what I've read, obviously has a heap of talent as shown in his u16 days though.

If we cancelled Shaw's contract by mutual consent does he become a free agent and if so does his offer from GWS give us the same compo as we get for Thomas?

If this can be done would we not be better off approaching GWS with a second rounder for Adams and letting them take Shaw for free while we get compensated? the we get Adams and pick 12 or 13 for Shaw while GWS get Shaw & a second round pick for Adams. That would give us 3 consecutive picks from 10 or 11 depending on other compnesation picks before ours.

If we cancelled Shaw's contract by mutual consent does he become a free agent and if so does his offer from GWS give us the same compo as we get for Thomas?

If this can be done would we not be better off approaching GWS with a second rounder for Adams and letting them take Shaw for free while we get compensated? the we get Adams and pick 12 or 13 for Shaw while GWS get Shaw & a second round pick for Adams. That would give us 3 consecutive picks from 10 or 11 depending on other compnesation picks before ours.

You can do that?
Do you mean pay it out?

Wouldn't have thought so as that would only count for players on the official AFL Free Agents list.

No. He would go into the draft and we would get SFA

Can't do it, his salary would still have to be part of our cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back