News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be 100% certain Collingwood have the statement typed up stating they won't match the Thomas deal, which would bring pick 11 into existence. We don't have to use the full 3 days. That's all that's needed to get the thing done, assuming GWS and Adams are open to it.

It may be better to link it directly to a Shaw swap, but might be better to take a sure thing now than wait 7 days for Shaw to make his mind up.

Regardless of us accepting that we wont match the money for Thomas, the AFL has not definitively said that we will get pick 11 yet. Until that is in writing to the club, they can't trade what they don't have today. As it stands we have pick 10 as a first rounder & that's it until the AFL says otherwise. However I suspect the Adams deal may involve Heater accepting their offer & a trade being done.

We are in pole position really in terms of trade currency.

We have or are going to have to draft selections before Geelong plus Heath Shaw.

Also, it would be incredibly difficult for Cats to facilitate trades for both Shaw and Adams. I just can't see how it is possible.

Can someone please provide footage or even some reasoning as to why we are gun-ho for Adams?

I know very little about him, and get the feeling his currency has been largely inflated (ala Wood!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams is done. Pies will use pick 10 if have to. Taylor is a great kid. He and bucks know each other from bucks aIS days.

Considering the depth of this draft that might not be the worst thing in the world. Would still like a pick in the top 10, but whatcha gonna do.

@BrettAndersonIF
Taylor Adams will be a Magpie by the end of the week, whether its part of a trade for Heath Shaw or not. #AFL

Thanks Wooljay. Great news if true! Not sure what Anderson's track record is like in reporting. It would be good to discuss Adams further when the deal is confirmed but I think there are some really good reasons why this would be a top outcome for us.

Can someone please provide footage or even some reasoning as to why we are gun-ho for Adams?

I know very little about him, and get the feeling his currency has been largely inflated (ala Wood!)

A few good games to watch are the Bombers game against GWS and then our game against GWS the week after.

He has 28 and 23 disposals respectively. Shows an ability to go win his own ball, good hands in close, and hit his targets. Strong tackler...and he also flew the flag for his club against the Bombers when they tried getting physical.

A real lot to like. If you are watching GWS games, just look out for the number 11.

He is a 10 year inside midfielder with leadership ability. Worth every cent I reckon.

I think he'll really show his true colours in a more mature midfield with bigger bodies around him.

A few good games to watch are the Bombers game against GWS and then our game against GWS the week after.

He has 28 and 23 disposals respectively. Shows an ability to go win his own ball, good hands in close, and hit his targets. Strong tackler...and he also flew the flag for his club against the Bombers when they tried getting physical.

A real lot to like. If you are watching GWS games, just look out for the number 11.

He is a 10 year inside midfielder with leadership ability. Worth every cent I reckon.

I think he'll really show his true colours in a more mature midfield with bigger bodies around him.

Great to hear, Dave86.

For what it was worth, you were one who was against trading Shaw.... Assuming it is him that we send up for Adams, have you come around yet?

And still only 19 years old.
Shudder to think what he will be like with another pre season and with Pendles, Swan and Ball around him. Will be absolutely stoked if we land him.

And still only 19 years old.
Shudder to think what he will be like with another pre season and with Pendles, Swan and Ball around him. Will be absolutely stoked if we land him.
You'll be stoked? Imagine how excited Adams would be. Gets to learn how to run all day and bob up and kick goals and dominate at brownlow night off Swan, gets to learn professionalism and how to operate in traffic and be as clean as they come from Pendles and gets to learn how to get down and dirty from another professional in Ball. Thats not even including Beams. That's schooling any midfielder would be blessed with. How could you hang around with these guys and not be a better footballer because of it? He probably wouldn't be able to sleep with excitement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

From the two "questionable accounts", but still, both are saying it;

@Paigeos_Hotpies: So, apparently Taylor Adams has chosen Collingwood. #Boomtown But i'll be waiting for something official before I get my hopes up. #AFL

@theafloffseason: Word emerging from Docklands is that Taylor Adams has chosen Collingwood as his club of choice. More to come.

Scott Burns and Taylor Adams in one day, is it xmas?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back