News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ps Taylor Adams and Tom Boyd quality players with strong leadership credentials. Let's try to make it happen!

Club culture does matter and there is a reason why uncontracted players gravitate to hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney.

Yes, but let's be honest - that reason is because they are team in contention, moreso than because they have strong 'culture'.

Brian Lake would have gone to Hawthorn even if they had a bad culture, because he wanted a premiership.

You quoted that in its entirety just to post this?? Put some effort in if you're going to rebut what was a well thought out and articulated post!

I think that DaVe86's post is pretty solid bar the comment about Reid in defence.. hense why i noted it and rolled my eyes. i'll reply to his post soon
You quoted that in its entirety just to post this?? Put some effort in if you're going to rebut what was a well thought out and articulated post!

In A brown paper bag.

Scum are Collingwood wannbes

Oh well, pity they finished above us and we have better currency both in terms of picks and players. No doubt Mick will offer them some hack for Adam's and then complain how unfair it is that clubs won't deal with him. What has he got with the same coin as H Shaw?

F@rk, a man cant :rolleyes: at a far fetched statement anymore... First you say that 'all we need is Reid in defense and boom, we’re a premiership winning backline'. Then you back pedal and suggest that at their age, Reid and Brown CAN form the nucleus for a premiership defense. This implies that it wont be as easy as just swinging Reid back into defense.

In reality, Brown is just an average to good defender, Keefe hasn’t played enough games or shown enough yet to be considered highly, Maxwell is well past it (although you note that), Shaw is disruptive, inconsistent and will likely be offloaded and Tooves (who I rate highly) has to come back from a reco and it will take some time for him to get his confidence back. IMO, throwing Reid into that mix will help BUT ultimately the current situation and group of guys don’t scream “premiership defense”.

We ranked 5th in defense for 2013 (championship data) with Shaw in the mix and even though he is a moron, he’s absence will be felt (if he’s traded). If he is traded, which I think he will be, we only have Reid (should we secure White, sending Reid back to defense), Williams and Toovey (see above) to build upon. Reid is therefore not the silver bullet and a lot of 'what ifs' have to occur to support your view -the reason why I rolled my eyes.

Oh and im sorry for wasting the 1 to 1.5 seconds it takes for you to scroll down your computer screen and for the incredible amount of energy it takes to do that.

Thanks for that contribution.

I believe Reid and Brown is already a premiership winning backline...so can't see why at their age they can't form the nucleas another premiership defence...especially with Keefe there as well...and guys like Marley and Toovey for support.

Feel free to provide your counter-opinion...or argue why Reid should stay forward...but at the moment you offer nothing other than wasting half my computer screen re-posting what I did.

I think that DaVe86's post is pretty solid bar the comment about Reid in defence.. hense why i noted it and rolled my eyes. i'll reply to his post soon

That wasn't really the point I was making. There's no need to quote the entire post just place @ before his user name then acknowledge the specific issue you had with the post just a cleaner way to go about it.

You have to appreciate why he got grumpy though because it came across a bit condescendingly from where I sat to quote the whole thing, pick out one minor detail and not acknowledge the rest of the post.

News breaking that Buddy Franklin has accepted deal with Sydney Swans not GWS.

This deal may have a massive impact on Taylor Adams leaving the GWS as a deal for him leaving was based on the Franklin deal going through.

News breaking that Buddy Franklin has accepted deal with Sydney Swans not GWS.

This deal may have a massive impact on Taylor Adams leaving the GWS as a deal for him leaving was based on the Franklin deal going through.
Interesting. How were the two connected E?
Probably staring me right in the face, but I just can't see the connection.

That wasn't really the point I was making. There's no need to quote the entire post just place @ before his user name then acknowledge the specific issue you had with the post just a cleaner way to go about it.

You have to appreciate why he got grumpy though because it came across a bit condescendingly from where I sat to quote the whole thing, pick out one minor detail and not acknowledge the rest of the post.
fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Adams isn't leaving because of money and in any event it would be small compared to what was on offer for Buddy

Article on the AFL site yesterday linked Adams move to Buddy arriving. He may be off the table now

Taylor Adams' fate may be in Buddy's hands

By David Schout 2:59pm AEST Monday, September 30, 2013
291148-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

At least five Victorian clubs are pursuing Taylor Adams
Related

It's more likely than not now that (Adams) will be making his way back to Victoria​
Winston Rous, Taylor Adams' manager​
THE FUTURE of young Greater Western Sydney midfielder Taylor Adams hinges on whether Lance Franklin decides to join the Giants.

Despite being widely tipped to join a Victorian club for season 2014, Adams, like much of the footy world, is waiting to hear where Franklin's future lies before making a final call.

Adams’ manager Winston Rous told Gilette Trade Radio on Monday that his client was highly unlikely to stay with GWS, unless Franklin does what many would consider a backflip and stay with Hawthorn.

“Look, very slight (chance of Adams remaining with GWS),” Rous said.

“I would think if maybe Lance didn’t go, then their environment changes and the dominoes might fall in a different direction. But it's more likely than not now that he’ll be making his way back to Victoria.”

Adams has met with five Victorian clubs – Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Geelong and Richmond.

It is rumoured Collingwood has entertained the idea of a straight swap between Heath Shaw and Adams.

The inside midfielder has played 31 games in his first two seasons in the AFL and this season averaged 21.3 disposals a game, including nine contested possessions and four clearances.

Rous said he expected Adams to nominate his preferred club by the end of the week and his final decision would come down to a combination of factors.

“It’s not purely money, no. It’s very much about a place where he’ll develop, good leadership and the opportunity for success.”

Article on the AFL site yesterday linked Adams move to Buddy arriving. He may be off the table now

Adams’ manager Winston Rous told Gilette Trade Radio on Monday that his client was highly unlikely to stay with GWS, unless Franklin does what many would consider a backflip and stay with Hawthorn.

Rous said he expected Adams to nominate his preferred club by the end of the week and his final decision would come down to a combination of factors.

“It’s not purely money, no. It’s very much about a place where he’ll develop, good leadership and the opportunity for success.”

Suggestions are that Franklin going to Sydney, not staying at Hawks. Above only talks about Franklin staying at Hawks, not possibility of going somewhere else so that part is still up in the air.

If it's very much about a place where Adams will develop, good leadership and opportunity for success than how would Franklin staying at Hawks have impacted any of these unless Franklin joining GWS was seen by Adams as detrimental to GWS??

I'll just wait and see what happens. It's been said Shaw is now the #1 target for GWS so I'd be happy with Shaw for Adams.

Suggestions are that Franklin going to Sydney, not staying at Hawks. Above only talks about Franklin staying at Hawks, not possibility of going somewhere else so that part is still up in the air.

If it's very much about a place where Adams will develop, good leadership and opportunity for success than how would Franklin staying at Hawks have impacted any of these unless Franklin joining GWS was seen by Adams as detrimental to GWS??

I'll just wait and see what happens. It's been said Shaw is now the #1 target for GWS so I'd be happy with Shaw for Adams.

I understand they say that but the big thing Buddy not going does is free up coin that has to now be spent. That will be an influence.

Taylor Adams' fate may be in Buddy's hands

By David Schout 2:59pm AEST Monday, September 30, 2013
291148-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

At least five Victorian clubs are pursuing Taylor Adams
Related

It's more likely than not now that (Adams) will be making his way back to Victoria​
Winston Rous, Taylor Adams' manager​
THE FUTURE of young Greater Western Sydney midfielder Taylor Adams hinges on whether Lance Franklin decides to join the Giants.

Despite being widely tipped to join a Victorian club for season 2014, Adams, like much of the footy world, is waiting to hear where Franklin's future lies before making a final call.

“Look, very slight (chance of Adams remaining with GWS),” Rous said.

“I would think if maybe Lance didn’t go, then their environment changes and the dominoes might fall in a different direction. But it's more likely than not now that he’ll be making his way back to Victoria.”

Adams has met with five Victorian clubs – Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Geelong and Richmond.

It is rumoured Collingwood has entertained the idea of a straight swap between Heath Shaw and Adams.

The inside midfielder has played 31 games in his first two seasons in the AFL and this season averaged 21.3 disposals a game, including nine contested possessions and four clearances.

Thank you, not sure it makes it any clearer for me, but I appreciate you posting that

I think the inference is that they (GWS) can now make him an offer he can't refuse. ;)

Not good for us getting Adams, unless Shaw is happy to go up there.

I think the inference is that they (GWS) can now make him an offer he can't refuse. ;)

Hopefully the club exhaust all scenarios with Shaw plus in an effort to pry loose pick 1 before dealing for Adams.

Shaw + 11
Shaw + 10
Shaw + 11 + Goldsack.
Shaw + 10 + Blair.
Shaw + Obrien

Shaw + Thomas is another option get GWS in on the Thomas love and see what comes.

They have enough young talent, would be silly to pay way over the market just to keep him.

If the right offer for him is forthcoming, they will still take it.

Hopefully the club exhaust all scenarios with Shaw plus in an effort to pry loose pick 1 before dealing for Adams.

Shaw + 11
Shaw + 10
Shaw + 11 + Goldsack.
Shaw + 10 + Blair.
Shaw + Obrien

Shaw + Thomas is another option get GWS in on the Thomas love and see what comes.
It would be a billion-to-one shot. GWS are keen on Shaw and his value is probably a mid-to-late first rounder. They have a mid-first pick to trade, as well as a player we're keen on. That doesn't mean they're going to manufacture a scenario in which they just happen to give up #1. It just won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back