News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted this in the Pies 2014 trade/FA thread but also relevant here:

If a straight swap (which I think is fair btw) cannot be agreed upon with GWS for Shaw/Adams then as suggested above Port may be the 3rd club we need to engage to get it done.

Port currently have pick 14 and pick 34. They are in the market for Jared Polec but I can't see the Lions accepting 34 and I'm sure that Port will not be offering up 14 for him. A pick in the 20s would get it done; GWS have two of these.

GWS currently have 1,2,21,22 and then some Round 5 plus junk. Port could trade 14 to GWS for 21 and 22. Port then on trade 22 to Brisbane for Polec (which would also trump Crows best of 23). Port move out of the first round (just) but they get there man and keep there 2nd rounder.

We could then do Shaw and 11 for Adams and 14. This is a lot better than the swap of 11 back to 19 and if the mooted swapping picks with WC eventuates we will end up with 6, 14 and Adams. So in affect we get 14 for Shaw (which is better than 16 from the Cats) and give up 11 for Adams (which I think most would be willing to give up for a #13 pick who has shown a bit). We then still have a top 10 pick and more than likely will still be able to snag a player from the group we might be keen on at 11.

Just posted this in the Pies 2014 trade/FA thread but also relevant here:

If a straight swap (which I think is fair btw) cannot be agreed upon with GWS for Shaw/Adams then as suggested above Port may be the 3rd club we need to engage to get it done.

Port currently have pick 14 and pick 34. They are in the market for Jared Polec but I can't see the Lions accepting 34 and I'm sure that Port will not be offering up 14 for him. A pick in the 20s would get it done; GWS have two of these.

GWS currently have 1,2,21,22 and then some Round 5 plus junk. Port could trade 14 to GWS for 21 and 22. Port then on trade 22 to Brisbane for Polec (which would also trump Crows best of 23). Port move out of the first round (just) but they get there man and keep there 2nd rounder.

We could then do Shaw and 11 for Adams and 14. This is a lot better than the swap of 11 back to 19 and if the mooted swapping picks with WC eventuates we will end up with 6, 14 and Adams. So in affect we get 14 for Shaw (which is better than 16 from the Cats) and give up 11 for Adams (which I think most would be willing to give up for a #13 pick who has shown a bit). We then still have a top 10 pick and more than likely will still be able to snag a player from the group we might be keen on at 11.
Nah. Think we should stay greedy. Keep 6 & 10.

Can someone explain why WCE would do that deal? As reported they will be going down the order in the 1st (6 to 10/11) & 3rd (44 to 49) rounds just to get your 2nd round (# 31) to use on Yeo.

WTF are you talking about? Reconcile this simple move in your head or GTFO.:rolleyes:

Yeo is a good footballer, personally I'd be happy if we gave pick 31 for him!

Great. I mean, I am keen to find out what he (Lucas) says but I'd be willing to bet it's more of the same 'manager speak' - Taylor is open to deals being done at both clubs, this thing is far from over the line, Collingwood might need to look at improving their offer, GWS need to be satisfied etc etc.'

Correct, if we blink first.

Creative thinking, Tails, but I'm not sure dropping out of the so-called 'top 11' is a good idea. Obviously, if Hine and co think there's a larger group that could suit our needs, then it becomes possible to look at such wider possibilities.
I come back to the famous old words:
In Hine We Trust... ;)

I think GWS are asking for overs wanting to swap their pick 21 with our pick 11. Way to much of a discrepancy. Truth be told, I do think we win slightly if it was a straight swap with Shaw for Adams. I also think the club may have been aware of this, hence forming part of the reason why they were going after West Coast's pick 6. If we manage to get pick 6 which is looking increasingly likely, I think Collingwood and likely most supporters would have been more than happy to do the following trade with GWS:

Pick 6 and Shaw for Pick 9 and Adams. Essentially giving GWS a very attractive upgrade to that valuable pick 6 slot, despite them only jumping over West Coast and Brisbane (with North locked in at pick 8).

However obviously GWS viewed the Melbourne trade as more important and decided to use pick 9 for that, maybe with the added intention of blocking Collingwood's attempts to seek a fairer trade, because truth be told, Melbourne won big time in that deal (Tyson is a gun for those who remember his debut season- essentially Melbourne got Picks 3 and 9 for Picks 2 and 20. Those who think GWS got the better of Melbourne likely haven't seen Tyson play)

We shouldn't be selling the farm for a kid who doesn't want to nominate us as his only club of choice. We have given Adams and GWS both appealing offers, yet he still hasn't said "I only want to go to Collingwood".

Do the West Coast deal and if we don't get Adams then that's his loss.

I really do hope the upgrade deal for pick 6 and White (3 way deal) goes through ASAP because then it will put the pressure back on GWS.

We won't have pick 11 or our second round pick for them to even consider, and there's no way in hell they are getting pick 10, Hine has made that clear from the starts.

Do the deal with the Eagles and Swans, get White to the club and ignore GWS for a few days, let them stew then talk to them again and maybe they will have come to their senses.

Exactly Matty,

Gws did the same by trading away pick 9 taking it out of the equation.

Great. I mean, I am keen to find out what he (Lucas) says but I'd be willing to bet it's more of the same 'manager speak' - Taylor is open to deals being done at both clubs, this thing is far from over the line, Collingwood might need to look at improving their offer, GWS need to be satisfied etc etc.'
:thumbsu: WW
etc etc = BS BS?

I'm not sure about the comments like 'Adams didn't choose just us'.
The kid is from the Geelong area etc and yet chose both them and us, at least partly because of a pre-existing relationship with Bucks. It's all good for me on that level - as far as I can see.
It's just GWS we have to deal with and there's still time for that. I agree with Matty et al that we should move ahead with other deals and force their hand. Adams, after all, is a more than handy player that fits a need for a 'see-ball, get-ball mid' rather than an out-and-out star.

Exactly, and if GWS think they aren't getting a win/win they will push until they do......and you know it

Respectfully I see where you are coming from BJ Re: they aren't getting a win/win they will push until they do

You are thinking along the same lines as their recruiting staff who have been given the world in the last 2 years, held all the aces & are still currently acting as if they do.

Two words: Spoilt Brat's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a straight swap for Adams/Shaw my opinion is that we win out slightly. I base this on the age of the players involved, time left in the game, the fact that realistically (even though he is contracted) Shaw won't be at the Pies next year as he doesn't fit the new ethos and that we have a hard on for Adams as the long term clearance bull with leadership potential. The only thing swings it back to evens is that GWS need Shaw. They missed their money man in Franklin and have already been trumpeting Shaw choosing them. Major embarrassment not to land him now.

I think that as other posters have mentioned a downgrade from the mooted pick #6 from WC to GWS pick #9 would have got it done. But GWS went and traded that away to Melbourne which makes the pick swap a lot more difficult as #11 to #21 is just not going to cut the mustard.

As I suggested above I would still be happy to go back 3 picks from #11 to #14 as I think this represents fair value for each player. If we had to trade for Adams straight up I would be happy to give up #11 and if we traded Heath Shaw as a stand alone deal I would be happy with #14.

Que Sera Sera - In Hine we Trust!

You Got Pick 1 and 2. Can't why you want an Imporvment

I've got a feeling that the Giants will try to bundle pick #2 with pick #11 (if they somehow get it) to try and prise an A grader away from another club. I don't think they're being greedy, they're just trying to increase their trading clout, as pick #1 and pick #2 on their own don't seem to interest other clubs much.

I've got a feeling that the Giants will try to bundle pick #2 with pick #11 (if they somehow get it) to try and prise an A grader away from another club. I don't think they're being greedy, they're just trying to increase their trading clout, as pick #1 and pick #2 on their own don't seem to interest other clubs much.

No club would give away a premium player for pick 2 and 11

I've got a feeling we will trade #11 for #6 first thing Monday and back GWS into a corner.

BANG BANG, i just shot you down back to gws forums.........

I've got a feeling that the Giants will try to bundle pick #2 with pick #11 (if they somehow get it) to try and prise an A grader

No prob's, we will give you 11 for Adam's and then you can give us 2 & 11 in return for Shaw who would be the biggest A grader to date GWS has acquired with the runs on the board?

No, Do tell M.U?

Hah no im asking if anyone else did because I didnt. Expect it would be same old manager speak as others have said but just irrationally hoping for some inside information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back