News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do try and keep up - or are you being deliberately obtuse? - I didn't mention anything of the sort, it was the other poster.

As for you having other trades to do, well so do we.

Anyway you seem a little abrupt and combative for someone who is a guest on this board so before I say something very descriptive and abrupt myself I'll wish you fair winds at your back as you sail away.

Cheers for that. I didn't say you guys were done. What other trades are you looking to do? Do you agree with larrikan's idea of us redrafting adams.... is that plain enough?

Read it again. And again for good measure

I've read it twice and I'm with Giant Pete to a degree. How are we advantaged by forcing Adams into the draft only to take him with 6? If we rated him that highly we'd just trade them 6 and move Shaw somewhere else. It's the definition of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Why? This bemuses me, posters on an internet forum getting jumpy because things aren't moving quickly enough for them?
Or is there another reason you want it done by Tuesday?

Ahh, Twitter, Youtube, the internet etc, delayed news/gratification is not something people are willing to except today.

I know that for a fact as when I typed in the word gratification, I felt the sudden need to go to another site.:oops::p

Cheers for that. I didn't say you guys were done. What other trades are you looking to do? Do you agree with larrikan's idea of us redrafting adams.... is that plain enough?
Wouldn't think any team would use a 1st round pick to redraft a player they sent to the draft but in the same vein as - before it happened - I wouldn't have believed Grundy could slip to us last year, its a statistical but wildly improbable scenario.

Our remaining drafts would depend really on how intransigent GWS really want to be over Adams.

If the Adams/Shaw straight swap goes through then I imagine we would be looking for footskills and line breaking - one of the top 5 is almost certain to drop - and maybe a good mobile tall.

If GWS want to shoot the swap down then we look for an inside/outside player with 6

As I've said in previous posts in this and other threads Adams is a great fit but he's far from the only fish in the sea.

For my money first choice - if available - Aish/ Bonty

Shaw, Picks 6 and 10 for Adams and Pick 1..DO IT PIES!

That wouldn't work. If we imagine Shaw and Adams are equal value then 6 and 10 is a little way off pick 1. In any case I reckon it's a stone cold certainty that GWS want not the pick but the player in Boyd.

Unless they have a tall forward in mind next year, it won't be done.

Wouldn't think any team would use a 1st round pick to redraft a player they sent to the draft but in the same vein as - before it happened - I wouldn't have believed Grundy could slip to us last year, its a statistical but wildly improbable scenario.

Our remaining drafts would depend really on how intransigent GWS really want to be over Adams.

If the Adams/Shaw straight swap goes through then I imagine we would be looking for footskills and line breaking - one of the top 5 is almost certain to drop - and maybe a good mobile tall.

If GWS want to shoot the swap down then we look for an inside/outside player with 6

As I've said in previous posts in this and other threads Adams is a great fit but he's far from the only fish in the sea.

For my money first choice - if available - Aish/ Bonty

1. so you would use pick 1 or two to redraft a previous pick 13 who you just tried to trade??
2. I meant do collingwood have any more trades to do other than the shaw/adams trade?

1. so you would use pick 1 or two to redraft a previous pick 13 who you just tried to trade??
2. I meant do collingwood have any more trades to do other than the shaw/adams trade?

Nope.

The deal has to go through as a straight swap or we have to offload, which is ridiculous, a Clarke or a Paine for a 3rd rounder** so you guys can feel comfortable. Unless you guys throw up someone you can bundle with Adams for pick 11.

It's either that or we move on, I don't think from here on anyone wins if either of us have to make a call like that.

**EDIT: Which you won't use anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol so specific.

It is specific based on what has been going on in this trade period.

So tomorrow we can all just sit back and ignore the trade news, thanks for the heads up Derek.:thumbsu:

So tomorrow we can all just sit back and ignore the trade news, thanks for the heads up Derek.:thumbsu:
I actually just want this to be done haha. More for the fact that we defiantly have a 140+ page discussion thread on a kid whos played 30 games and been in the AFL for two years. If you havn't seen him play you would think hes the best player in the league. Pretty sure our Dale Thomas thread didn't even get this many posts in a longer period of time haha

Good Point. Him saying nothing to expect tommorow so we don't have to follow it like a Hawk. Come Back Refreshed for Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back