Coach Teague in or out?

Teague in or out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was Teagues best press conference by a mile

It was certainly an act of a man desperate for his job. I liked that aspect about it but I dunno...a little cringe?

I mean where has this emotion, this 'slam the fist on the table' attitude been all year? Assume it's been seen behind closed doors but most certainly not in the coaches box when other teams are piling on five straight goals on us or in the post match/weekly pressers...

Look, I'm not a Teague basher, nor a sympathiser. He's been stiff with injuries to key players and questionable management from our Head of Footy.
However, he's had two and a half years to galvanise this group and yet I see it becoming more fractured.
The club simply MUST not overlook the opportunity to bring in a Clarkson or Lyon if they are indeed interested in the role;

Proven relationship managers
Elite setters of standards and culture (the most important thing this club needs!)
Outstanding match day tacticians.
Players who buy into their gameplan.
Knows what it takes to build a finals outfit.

Like I said before, was about as smart as the mother giving the last piece of beef to her dud son Greg instead of her javelin throwing champ daughter Kelsey-Lee - probably cost her the gold medal.

:p

That mum is the first one being shown the door once the AOC have completed their review.

Not naming names or individual posters here, but I clearly recall some posters on this forum calling Teague 'brain dead' and other such awful insults in the past few months, and to be fair and open, I posted a few comments about players I regret, especially Dow and LOB as well in the past few months.
There's a difference between calling a singular coaching decision brain dead and the person himself, brain dead. Ones personal, one's an emotional disagreement and not directed at Teague the person. I hope you know the difference anyway. Especially in game day threads when emotion runs high.

then they did the same with Bolton

now, maybe with Teague....they've had chances to save his job by making finals with wins against North, GC and they don't show up

seems to be a pattern even if the playing group changes the underlying culture stays the same?
Old guys turfed out Bolton. I'm not so sure they're the ones doing it this time.

Sacking the coach, who has been given zero support, and putting this all on him is definitely the answer, to all the problems. Will definitely help with an already crap culture, where players, footy department, board are not accountable for anything.
OK so, it won't only be sacking the coach. Who was given the support of a full footy board and assistant coaches... So first point wrong already...

The crap culture comes from animosity and mixed messages. Lack of clarity and buy in amongst the players. A reset of the footy department will help that plus likely a mini refresh of the list. So again, more than just the coach. Which also then says they're all accountable. Players play for their jobs and the footy department at the moment is having their jobs reviewed. Pretty damn clear they're all being held accountable at the moment..

But ooooh nah its just a quick fix blame it all on the coach situation.

That is my recollection. At the time, Kernahan used words to the effect of "blood on my hands". I will try and find a reference.

I don't think that statement from Sticks says anything one way or the other about whether the board got behind Mick or not.

Mick's recollection that the board overrated where we were at is ridiculous given we sacked Ratten knowing Mick was on board, because Ratten had failed to get us beyond Week 2 of the finals. Mick knew he was coming on to apply the experienced finals winning touch. He recruited as though we were challenging, then come 2015 started saying we needed a rebuild and he was the man to do it.

That's not an indication of his starting position for each moment

People have been calling for Walsh to spend more time on a wing and that's what we are getting

He attended 13 of 23 centre bounces, against the Saints 19 of 32

A similar percentage, so it wasn't a contributing factor to the loss, if you ignore the previous week

Thats not starting positions but instead where he is getting his touches. Makes sense for them to be distributed across the ground as he is either playing under the ruck or on the wing

You're absolutely reaching here...

It's clear to everyone where he got most of his possessions... and no, it's not even remotely close to any other heatmap of his this season... there's no red or even orange in the center square...

So much for your 3 seconds then moved straight to the mid...

Thats not starting positions but instead where he is getting his touches. Makes sense for them to be distributed across the ground as he is either playing under the ruck or on the wing
he's received a few possessions around the ground but that is not the heatmap of a midfielder... Thats a defensive winger/Hb who has spent short stints elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you're grading him on things that sit outside of his job description? Why not also grade him on memberships, social media presence, marketing, grounds-keeping standards, progress of the PP redevelopment, community & social work, sponsors, social events, open trainings, pre-game player music selection...
Is that a question or statement?
No I’m not, those are well and truly in a coaching portfolio.

You're absolutely reaching here...

It's clear to everyone where he got most of his possessions... and no, it's not even remotely close to any other heatmap of his this season... there's no red or even orange in the center square...

So much for your 3 seconds then moved straight to the mid...
I never said he didnt play wing. All I said was he definitely did not play across the half back.

Walsh was at half back for 3 seconds at the first stoppage of the game then moved straight to the mid. Clearly just hoping to disrupt a tag. Not sure why the commentary team and supporters keep bringing it up

While he spent more time out of the centre square, it wasn't too different to the previous week.

Hence, Walsh's starting position wasn't a factor in our lose

The head scratcher was playing H further up the ground

That's not an indication of his starting position for each moment

People have been calling for Walsh to spend more time on a wing and that's what we are getting

He attended 13 of 23 centre bounces, against the Saints 19 of 32

A similar percentage, so it wasn't a contributing factor to the loss, if you ignore the previous week

See, we can even make a 40 possession midfielder a HBF'er :) Damn we is gut!

I don't think that statement from Sticks says anything one way or the other about whether the board got behind Mick or not.

Mick's recollection that the board overrated where we were at is ridiculous given we sacked Ratten knowing Mick was on board, because Ratten had failed to get us beyond Week 2 of the finals. Mick knew he was coming on to apply the experienced finals winning touch. He recruited as though we were challenging, then come 2015 started saying we needed a rebuild and he was the man to do it.
I just recall the board was divided and Sticks had to make the decision and I thought at the time this is going to turn to poo which it did. In any case, its sad history, we move on.

We can argue who plays where all day everyday but the buck stops with the coach he is responsible for playing unfit players , players out of position and favourites since his been there and if it’s out of his hands
then his the wrong coach anyway .
The criteria for selection and the game plan is so far skewed no matter what we argue about remember we have been shit all year full stop 🛑

It was certainly an act of a man desperate for his job. I liked that aspect about it but I dunno...a little cringe?

I mean where has this emotion, this 'slam the fist on the table' attitude been all year? Assume it's been seen behind closed doors but most certainly not in the coaches box when other teams are piling on five straight goals on us or in the post match/weekly pressers...

Look, I'm not a Teague basher......
hilarious.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back